Ch. 12: What Happen?

The Heir

           Parking in front of a house, Yunho turn off the engine and step out of the car. He walks around the front to the passenger side, grab on the doorknob and open the door for her. Claudia steps out of the car and aside. Yunho closed the door and smiles warmly as he fix his jacket around her, making sure it’s keeping her warm. He takes a step closer, inhaling and exhaling softly, without taking his eyes off here.

           “Sorry if tonight didn’t turn out like you expected to be. I didn’t know it was going to be this upbeat.” He said.

           “Thank you,” She said with smiles. “I had a lot of fun tonight. You have great friends. Tzuyu is also a cute and pretty girl. All of you are like a family.”

            “Yes, we are. We’ve been through a lot. We’re like a family.”

            “I definitely see that.” She agreed with smiles.

            “Thank you,” He whispered. “You are really beautiful tonight. I really wish tonight did not end. I want to spend more time with you.”

            “How many time are you going to say thank you to me?” Claudia lightheartedly said.

            “I don’t know. Until the next step.”

            Claudia looks at him confusedly. “Next step?”

            “Marriage.”

            Claudia blushed. “We just start dating.”

            “I know. But it won’t be long either. Embrace yourself because your heart will fall deeply in love with me.” He confidently said.

            “Aren’t you a little cheesy and overly confidence? Tzuyu is a pretty young lady. She looks like she’s around my age. Why?”

            “Why what?”

            “Aren’t you guys all so close? Taecyeon or you could fall for her.”

            “Tzuyu is pretty.” He agreed, “But I only see Tzuyu as my little sister. I have someone else set in my mind. She very pretty, elegant, and a kind girl.”

            “Who could that be?” Claudia pretending not knowing who he’s talking about.

            Yunho lowers his head and peck her cheek, caught her by surprise. Claudia playfully smacked his chest.

            “You have a great sense of humor and a very romantic man.”

            They smile. Yunho shyly yet nervously lower his head and takes her lips tenderly and passionately as he pushes her back against the car, his arms wrap around her, and hers around his neck. They shared a meaningful kiss for a moment till Claudia’s phone rings. The kiss stop and she embarrassedly look away from his eyes. She reach in her clutch and pull out her phone. It stopped ringing.

            “Your parent called?” Yunho asked.

            Claudia shook her head. “It’s a just reminder for tomorrow.”

            “May I ask what’s going on tomorrow?”

            “I have a meeting with my team tomorrow after work. We’re going to trial practice with the Olympic team tomorrow night.”

            “May I join?” He asked.

            “I do need a ride tomorrow since my mom will be taking my car and go to her friends house tomorrow night.”

            “Great. I’ll be at your restaurant before you closed.” He said excitedly.

            Seeing his childish side put sweet smiles across her face. Yunho reaches for her left hand and walks her to the door. Standing below the step, he watches Claudia punch the pin to the security keylock, the door open. She turn around and walks up to him; lowering her head, she give him a kiss on the lip before she walks into the house. She turn and wave back at Yunho, who’s also waving goodbye to him. Walking up the stair and she stopped when her phone rings.

            “I forgot to tell you how beautiful you are tonight. I love you, my angel. Good night.—Yunho”

            Claudia smiles as she reply his text then continues up the stair and to her room. Yunho walks back to his car and drove away.

* * * *

             Driving into the garage, he press a black button on the ceiling of the car. The garage close and the engine die. Taecyeon steps out of his car and wobbly walks into his loft. Nana follows him closely, worriedly watch him from behind as they enter the kitchen. He takes off his jacket and vest as he walks to the liquor cabin and reach for a whiskey. Nana take the bottle away from him.

            “Give it back to me.” Taecyeon demanded in a serious tone.

            “No.” She stubbornly said.

            Taecyeon walks up to her, trying to grab the bottle back, but Nana stubbornly back away from him. Her back hit the counter. She can’t back away any further. Taecyeon take a step toward her. A step that close the gap between him and her. A step that brush his hot breath against her cheek, making her heart nervously beating and cheeks flush. Looking into each other eyes, his eyes travel down to her lips.

            “Give me the bottle.” Taecyeon repeat.

            “No.” she refuses to give it to him. She does not him to drink anymore, not tonight.

            He take another step, pressing his hot and hard body against her.

            “You have no idea what you are getting yourself into.” His voiced was cold, however, seductive. He stare into her eyes and move closer to her, closing the remaining gap between them. Her pressed against his chest as his hot breath flared her right cheek.

            Nana restrain herself from any thought that could lead to the thing she might regret. “I know, but I will not give you the bottle until you put your act together and go wash up.”

            “Why do you care about me? Why don’t you go back to your male friends?” He voices filled with jealousy. “You are happier with them than me.”

            She was happy seeing him jealous, but at the same time, she has to control herself from expression this happiness inside of her. “They are my friends, of course, I’m happy with them.”

            Her words anger him. He lower his head, wanting to capture her lips….torture her lip, but something inside of him stop him from doing so. Her eyes closed and head to the side. He push himself away from her and walks to the stair up to his bedroom. Nana put the bottle on the counter and hurriedly followed him upstairs. She rushes to him immediately after seeing him fall by his bed.

            “Taecyeon.” She worriedly call out for him. “Are you okay?”

            Taecyeon inhale and exhale heavily as he tries to get up by himself.

            “Let me help you.” Nana offered.

            “I don’t need your help.” Taecyeon coldly reject her as he helps himself using his bed. “Just go back to them.”

            “This is not the time for that.” Nana said as she grabs his left arm.    

            Taecyeon swing his arm away from, but only to lose his balance and fall back to his bed. Nana grab his arms and tried to pull him back, but fall along with him. She land on top of him with only an inch away from his lip. A heat rush up her cheeks and heart nervously beating as she looks into his eyes. She can feel his heart beating against her chest. She quickly gets up, but only to be pull down by him. This time, he’s on top of her, with both her hand pin on either side of her head.

            “Why don’t you like me?” He asked, softly. “Why do you treat me bad when you do care about me?”

            “Taecyeon, you’re drunk. You don’t know what you’re saying.”

            “Yes, I do. I’m in my right mind to know what I’m saying to you.” Taecyeon said. “Answer me. Why?”

            “I just don’t like you. Everything about you disgust me.”

            “Is that all? That simple?”

            “That simple.”           

            “Then I’ll make you fall in love me.” Taecyeon confidently said. “Because I know you like me.”

            open, ready to backfire at him, but immediately, Taecyeon crashed his lips over hers. He devours her lips….. her lips like a hungry beast just release inside of him. Nana struggles to break free from him, but something inside of her wants more from him. He hold her down as he tries to gain access into . He moves both her hands above her head, holding it down with one hand while the other freely slide down the side of her body. He spread her leg, allowing her to feel his hard-on at her . His free hand slide under her top and up to the cup of her bra that caress her full round . A soft moan escape , her back arched upward as he grind his hard-on against her .

            Nana's eyes shock wide, she immediately push him off her and run to the bathroom. She press her right hand against her chest, inhale and exhale heavily to keep herself calm. Taecyeon speechlessly sat on the bed as he blankly stare at the ground. “What just happen? She really does not like me.

            Resting her back against the door, she feels her heart beating at the normal pace now, however, her right hand slowly move to her lips, touching it softly. “His lips………”

            Taecyeon lift and turn his head to the door, “Mianhe Nana.” He whispered.

            An hour later, Taecyeon walks to the drawer beside the bathroom and open the first drawer. He grab the key and walks over to the bathroom, inserting the key into the doorknob, he twist and turn. The lock click, he turn the doorknob clockwise and open the door slowly and carefully. He see her sleeping against the bathtub. Carefully walking over to her, he kneel down and lift his right hand to glide her bang to the side.

            “You must not like me at all.” He jokingly yet quietly say. “You rather lock yourself in here and sleep than come out.”

            Carefully he glides one arm across her shoulder and the other arm under knees. He carry her up and walks out of the bathroom to his bed. He lay her down gently, taking her heels off, and pull the blanket over her. Taecyeon lowers his head and softly kiss her forehead before he walks down to the living room to the couch.

* * * *

Walking away from the bed to his walk-in closet, he grab a dark heather grey sweatpant and put it on. Leaving the closet, he look at a lovely girl sleeping peacefully on his bed. He walks to the bed, grab his cellphone and give her a soft peck on her left cheek before he walks out of his master bedroom to the piano sitting by the living room and the kitchen. Placing his phone on the piano, he lift the cover up and take a seat on the bench. Brushing his fingers over the keys, he close his eyes and remember this parent standing beside the piano and watched him played. It was a peaceful image of them inside of his head, a picture he will never let go. Slowly, he plays a piece of music, Wind Forest by Mari Fujiwara, one of his favorite. Jiyeon awake by the soft melody singing in her eyes, she gets up with the duvet covering her body. She run her fingers through her hair and looks around the room then to the side of the bed where he slept last night. She smiles as she remembers last night. Her cheeks rose red. Jiyeon glides her legs to the end of the bed and stand, pulling the duvet with her. The duvet slides down to the floor, showing the red spots on the bed. Jiyeon saw it and her cheek flush again. She grab some from the floor and cover it before leaving the room. Walking to the music, she stop at the end of the hall and watches him play on the piano. To focus on the music, Nichkhun did not notice Jiyeon standing at the end of the hall. His phone rings. He stop and answer the phone.

            “Nichkhun Horvejkul.” He greeted. He listens to the man talking on the phone as he plays with his right thumb. “Follow him closely. Report to me if anything changes. And I want the next project to launch. Contact those people and give them the date. I want it to happen within this month, if possible. Or else, two months at the latest. Bye.”

            Placing his phone on the piano, he notices a shadow by the hall. He turn and see her standing there with a warm yet worried smile.

            “Morning.” He greeted her softly.

            “Morning.” She greeted in return as she walks up to him.

            Nichkhun hold his hand out, Jiyeon place her hand over his, and he pulls her to his lap. Lifting his right hand up, he slide her bang to the side and cup her face. He kiss her light tenderly and then looks into her pure round eyes.

            “Did you get good sleep?” He asked.

            Jiyeon shyly nodded her head. “Is everything okay?”

            “Everything is fine.” He answered calmly. “Why didn’t you sleep more?”

            “I’m not sleepy anymore. The sun is already at its peak.”

            “What sun? I don’t see any sun.” He jokingly said.

            Jiyeon smiles as she cup his face with her hand and turn it to the window. “That’s the sun.”

            Nichkhun looks at her again…he grab the end of the duvet. “Oppa!” Jiyeon said, shockingly. “What are you doing?”

            “Why are you hiding? There’s nothing to hide. You’re beautiful.” Nichkhun said. He pulled the duvet apart and let it drop to the floor. Jiyeon flushed as she look away. He pulled her attention back to him.

            Remember the piece of music he played, she looks into his eyes. “Do you want to talk? Is there anything I can help?” She asked.

            “Why do you ask me that?”

            “The song you played earlier….it was sad.”

            Nichkhun let out a soft smile as he wrap his arms around her hip. “I was thinking of my parent before they passed away.”

            “I’m sorry.”

            “Don’t apologized. I’m fine.”

            “Are you hungry? What do you want to eat?” Jiyeon changed the subject.

            “I’m not that hungry.” Pulling her body closer this his, “Maybe just a little hungry.”

            Jiyeon shyly smiles, “You should get ready to go to work. I have to go to work too.”

            “Call in sick.” He said. “I don’t want you to leave.”   

            “I can’t.” She said. “How can I be sick over one night?”

            “You can. Just say you can’t get out of bed.” He smiles.

            Jiyeon smiles.

            “I love your smiles.”

            Jiyeon try to get off his laps, but he pull her back down. This time, she felt his hard-on in between her thighs. He move his head closer to her and takes her lips tenderly. Jiyeon glides her arms around his neck and fingers through his hairs. Nichkhun carries her back to his master bedroom and place her down gently on the bed and make love to her.

* * * *

Awake from her sleep, Nana looks around and immediately under the blanket. She sigh in relieved seeing she still in the same clothed. Pulling the blanket aside, Nana gets off the bed and walk to the bars at the end of the level. She looks down and sees Taecyeon sleeping on the couch. Nana grabs her heels by the bed and walks down the stairs to the couch, she sat beside the long couch and carefully brush her right hand across Taecyeon forehead down his nose.

            “I can’t fall for you. We are not the same.” She whispered to herself.

            Nana got up and head to the front door, putting on her heels, she leave his loft. The noise of the door shut awaken him, his eyes flung open and lift his body up to a sitting position. He inhale and exhale deeply as he stares to the side. “I know you have feeling for me. I’m not letting you that easy.” He say with confident. Taecyeon stood and went to wash-up.

            Driving to the company, Taecyeon park at the VIP spot and exit the car. Walking into the building, he head into the photography room and sees Yunho chatting with the photographer. He looks around the room to look, Nana, seeing her with the hairstylist and make-up artist caught his full attention.

            “Taecyeon! Come here.” Yunho shouted as he wave his hand at him.

 

            Nana looks at the exit and sees him staring at her. She immediately and shyly look away. Taecyeon walks over to Yunho, “How is everything going?”

            Yunho hand him a folder of photos, “What do you think?”

            Taecyeon went through page after page, but immediately stop at Nana photo. “It looks good. Ready to be launch.” He say.

            “Good. Once the photoshoot is done, it will be submitted to Nichkhun. We also need to check on the product line.” Yunho say.

            “Okay.” Taecyeon replied. “Have you heard from Nichkhun?” 

            “Yes, he will be here shortly.” Yunho answered. “I got some information about The Yong’s shipments. They’ve rescheduled it to tonight at 10 PM.

“That early? Somebody’s watching the gate for them?”

            “Yes. Someone in the police department must be working for them.” Yunho said as he hand Taecyeon another file. “I will be late tonight.”

            “Where will you be?”

            “Claudia has a trial practice and I promise to take her.”

            Taecyeon smiles lightly. “Nichkhun and I can handle this. You don’t need to worry.”

            “No, every time you said like that, something bad happen.”

            “Come on, have faith in me.”

            “In fighting yes, but not in this kind stuff.”

            “Fine.” Taecyeon surrendered.

            Yunho phone ring, Yunho slide his hand into the pant pocket and reach for his phone. “Speaking of the devil, this is him.” He answered the phone. “Yeoboseyo?”  

            “I’m almost there. Come to my office now. I need to speak to both you and Taecyeon. ” Nichkhun said.

            “Sure.” Yunho said before he end the call. “He want to see us now.”

            Taecyeon put the folder on the table and follow Yunho out of the room.

            Firm and strong footsteps stomping down the hall as he approaches his office, the secretary stand and greeted him with a bow. He give a light bow in return to her before he grab the door handle and push it forward. Sitting across the table, Taecyeon and Yunho looks at him.

            “You’re late.” Taecyeon said with a smirk.

            “I have to drop Jiyeon off before I get here.” Nichkhun answered as he walked to his chair. “Did you hear anything about the Yoo?”

            “From what I’ve collected, they’ve rescheduled their shipment to 10 PM tonight.” Yunho answered.

            “My uncle is in a hurry.” Nichkhun said with his hand intertwines together. “How many time have he rescheduled the shipment?”

            “3”

            “Very much in a hurry. It means once the product reaches his hands, he will hand it over to someone else. What should we do?”

            Nichkhun silently thinks as he looks at the desk.

            “Should we play a little game?” Yunho suggest. Nichkhun and Taecyeon give him the “What is it?” face. “A little game called good cop, bad cop.”

            “I like the sound of it. Fill me in.” Taecyeon said excitedly.

            “They have someone working for them at the police department. We can do the same. We can leak this information to a high rank at police department intentionally and let them be the good cop, while we mask ourselves and be the bad cop.”

            “Wait. I don’t get it.” Taecyeon dumbly looked at Yunho.

            “Simple, we are the bad cop. We create corruption before the good cop come and handle the situation.” Nichkhun rephrases Yunho’s words. He looks and smiles at Taecyeon, “You should have pay attention in class or do more reading when we were still in school.”

            “What does that have to do with this?” Taecyeon said.

            “To improve your strategic plan or critical thinking.”

            “Okay! I may not be smart like you two, but I still handle the same level of work as both of you.” Taecyeon said, annoyingly.

            Nichkhun and Yunho just laugh. Taecyeon annoyingly got up and walk to the pool table. Yunho’s phone ring a couple time, he slide his hand into his jacket chest pocket and take out his phone. Looking at the screen, he sees Claudia name and her message to him. ‘Sorry I didn’t reply to your message earlier. The restaurant got busy. To answer your question, yes I’ve eaten already. Have you eaten? Don’t forget to eat even if you’re busy with work. And don’t forget tonight you are my chauffeur. –Claudia”

            A soft and sweet flash across this face as he reply to her. “I won’t forget. –Yunho”

            Taecyeon stop and look at Yunho, “Who was that? Was it from Claudia?”

            Yunho put his phone back into his jacket chest pocket. “I will be late, tonight.”

            “Don’t worry. Nichkhun and I can take care of this.”

            “I will have a delusion plan for you guys to escape.” Yunho said.

            “You should worry about your woman more. She is a special girl, a pearl that shine very bright under the light.” Nichkhun advised.

            “I know. You should worry more about yours.” Yunho back. “Anyway, I heard Seungho will be back soon.”

            “This won’t be easy.” Taecyeon said as he walks up to the desk.

            “It doesn’t matter if he’s back or not, I’ll make them pay for what they’ve done.” Nichkhun turned his chair and looks out the window.

 

To be continue……………………