Ch. 7 Confuse

The Heir

            Jiyeon lightly nodded her his answer, slowly understanding why he want her to stay away from him.

            Taecyeon shook his head a couple time, trying to get his vision back. Seeing blood gliding down his neck, Nana rush to him—stand in front of him and sees his pale face. She grab his head, holding it still. She reach her left hand to the table for the napkin.

Taecyeon grab her wrist—stop her. “I’m fine.” He said.

            “You’re bleeding.”

            “It’s not a big deal.”

            “Yes it is. Let me stop the bleeding first.”

            Taecyeon grab onto her other hand and pull it away from his face. “Thank you for your concern.” He said, softly. He looks at Nichkhun. “I’ll go finish it.”

            “Are you sure? You should go to the doctor first.”

            Taecyeon laughs lightly. “Are you underestimating?”

            “No.”

            “I’ll call you once everything is finish.” Taecyeon said, before he let go of Nana hand and leaves the bar.

            “He’s bleeding.” Said Guk Joo.

            “I trust him.” Nichkhun said.

            Without a word, Nana leave the bar and went after Taecyeon.

            “Nana! Where are you going?” Guk Joo shout. Nana was already out the door.

            “Nana!” A man jealously shout from behind.  

            “What else should I know about you?” Jiyeon ask, curiously.

            “I’ll take you home.” He said, ignoring the subject.

            “What about those men? Are they going to come after us?” One of Guk Joo and Jiyeon’s friend ask.

            “You don’t have to worry about that. You all are safe.” Nichkhun said, confidently. He turn and look back at Jiyeon who’s waiting for him to answer her. He looks at his men, “ them home safely.” He ordered.

            The all bow their head, “Yes sir.”

            The men step aside, making a path for their friends to go. One by one walks to the exit. Guk Joo and Myungsoo looks at Jiyeon, waiting for a permission before continuing. Jiyeon nod lightly at them, signaling them she will be fine. Guk Joo and Myungsoo take their leave. The bar manager frightfully walk up to Nichkhun, “Mr. Horvejkul, about this….”

            “Send the bill to the Horvejkul House, I’ll take care of everything.” Nichkhun said without taking his eyes off her.

            The manager bow before walking away. Nichkhun grabs onto her right hand and exit the bar. Walking her to his sport car, he open the door for her. Jiyeon looks at him before entering his car. Nichkhun walks around to the driver side and enter his car. Starting the engine, he looks over at Jiyeon, pulling the seat over her.

            “I could have gone with Guk Joo.”

            “It will ease me more if I take you home.”

            Jiyeon lift and mover her hand to his face. He grabs her hand and stop her before it touches him.    

            “Are you okay?” She ask.

            “I’m fine.”

            “You don’t look fine. Tell me what’s bothering you.”

            “It’s nothing.”

            “There’s something. Tell me.”

            “Just thinking what they would do to you if I weren’t there, kills me.” He said.

            “You were there tonight. You and your friend save me and my friends.”

            Nichkhun exhale heavily, “I don’t want you going to the bar…ever.”

            Jiyeon speechlessly gaze into his eyes.

            “Where do you live?” He ask, ignoring what she said.

            “Head south.” Jiyeon guide him the way.

            Nichkhun drives as Jiyeon guide him to her apartment. They arrive, and Nichkhun park in front of the apartment. He turn off the engine and the two sit quietly in his car.

            “You live here by yourself?” He ask.

            “No. I live here with Nana and Guk Joo.”

            Nichkhun mildly nod and another silent pass them. Jiyeon bit the bottom of her lips as she plays with her fingers. Nichkhun turn and looks at her, catching her biting her lips. He unbuckle his seatbelt and crashes his lips over her. Jiyeon was taken by then respond to him. He onto her lips, taking her breath away. Jiyeon push his away. She shyly gasp.

            “You need stop biting you lips, it’s very…seductive and tempting.” He said.

            “Sorry.” She flush. “It’s a habit.”

            Nichkhun smiles.

            “I have to go. Goodnight.” She whisper and peck his cheek before unbuckling her seatbelt and open the door.

            “I’ll be waiting for your call on Friday night.” He said.

            Jiyeon give him one last smile before closing the door and into the lobby. She takes stair where he can she her walking up to the third floor and stop in front of the door. He watches till she was inside and drive away.

* * * *

            Walking down the street into a garage, he press on a button of his remote to the car; a loud beep echoes in the garage.

https://www.mdiecast.com/mpictures/autoart/70939_1.jpg

He place his hand on his car to hold him still. Place his right hand on the back of his head, he feels bloods against his palm. Feeling light headed, he shake his head a couple times. Taecyeon walks to the door—grab on to the door handle and pull outward. A feminine hand place over his, stop him.

“Where are you going in this state? The back of your head is bleeding.”

“You should go back, it safer there.”

“It will be a lot safer if you don’t drive in this condition.”

“I’m fine. I’m gone through worst.” He grab her hand, and take off her hand of his.

“Are you worrying about me? Are you showing a little feeling for me?” A hint of happiness in his eyes as he looks at her.

Nana nervously looks into his eyes as she feel her heart beating fiercely fast against her chest. “No.” She lied.

Taecyeon disappointedly let go of her hand and pull the door open. “You should go back” Nana immediately went to the other side of his car—open the door and step into his car.

            “Going with you.”

            “You really—….” Taecyeon becomes speechless. He grab on the stick shift it to “D”. The car ride like lightening out of the garage into the road.

            “Put on your seatbelt.”

            Nana did as she was told. “Where are you going?” She ask.

            “After them.”

            “Do you not care about your life?”

“I do, but I have a lot of blood. I don’t die that easy.” He said, lightheartedly.

            “How can you still joke around like this?”

            “It’s how I am.”

            Taecyeon lightly chuckles. He lift his right hand up to a button and press it inward. “Message Yunho.” He speak. Nana listen to the sound softly ringing in her ears from the car. “Yunho, a little mess. Half of the Yong’s escape. I’m eyeing half of them. Need you to finish the other half.” Word by words appears exactly on the screen. “Send.” He said. A soft ding whisper in the car.

            “What are you? What are you going to do to them?”

            “I’m not simple. I’ve done things you possibly can’t imagine off and one of them is to get rid of them…the mess that should have been done quietly.”

            “Is that why you and Mr. Horvejkul happen to be at the bar?”

            “Yes. We came because there is something important we need to get.”

            Nana nervously gulp as she looks into the corner of his eyes.

            “Are you….?”

            Taecyeon ignore the subject, choosing to remain silent for the chasing.

            Nana looks at the rear and sees red lights flashing behind them. “The police is behind us. We should stop.” Nana said.

            “No. hold on tight.” He said. Taecyeon press his feet on the gas pedal, pushing it further down.

            Nana tighten her grip, grabbing tighter onto her seatbelt. In second, Taecyeon lost the police and found a black KIA SUV with only half of the Yong’s people heading to their headquarter. He press onto a green button, and in a minutes, about four cars appear and surround the black KIA SUV. Taecyeon stop and parked in the middle of the street.

            He unbuckle his seatbelt, “Stay in the car.” He said before getting of the car and walking up to the black KIA with men following behind him. He stop behind a black Honda and talk to his men. Nana carefully observe from inside. The men nod and Taecyeon head back to his car. He open the door and step inside—grab onto the stick shift and reverse his car. Driving away, Nana looks at the rear mirror—watching his men walking closure to the KIA SUV with guns in their hand.

            “Is this what you do?”

            “Where do you live? I’ll take you home.” He change the subject.

            “To the hospital.”

            Taecyeon lightly chuckle. “You won’t tell me huh?”

            “I’m just taking responsibility for what I’ve cause. You’re bleeding because of me. You either take me to the hospital or else I’ll staying with you till you go.”

            Taecyeon exhale and turn the wheel to the left. Seeing blood on the back of his head, she reach inside her purse and pull out a couple tissues. Carefully and gently she place it over the bleeding spot. Hiding his happiness, Taecyeon snatch a glance at her.

            Thirty minutes later, Taecyeon finally arrive at his loft. He press on the small button up on the ceiling of his car. The garage door slide up, he drive into the garage.

            “This is my home.” He said as he turn off the car.

            Nana ignore him, and continues to hold the tissues at the bleeding spot. Taecyeon grab her hand and pull it away. He smiles and takes the bloody tissues away.

            “Thank you.” He said. He get out of his car. “Do you want to come in for a drink?”

            Nana get out of the car and follows him into his luxurious and modernize loft.

            “You like it?”

            Nana look around the place, awe at the place he has. Taecyeon smiles and went to fetch her a glass of water. She went up to him, stand across the counter from him.

            “Where is your first aid kit box?” She ask.

            Taecyeon looks down and smiles. Exhaling softly, he looks up at her. “Down the hall to your left. It’s in the bathroom.” He said, guiding her the way.

            Nana walks down the hall and into the bathroom; she search for the kit while Taecyeon walks to the stair and up to the second level. Standing in front of his bed, he takes off his jacket; throw it on the bed. He the buttons of his shirt and throw it on his bed.

            Nana walks back to the kitchen but does not see him anywhere. Taecyeon walks don’t from the second of his loft…half . Nana eyes jolt wide as he takes the stairs down to the first floor.

tumblr_lkskjkeoCg1qezlix.jpg

 

            “Oh god, why does he have to be half ?” Nana whispered breathlessly inside her head.

            “My jacket and shirt smell. I don’t like wearing smelly clothes….and I’m usually like this when I’m at home.” He confidently smiles as he walks up to her.

            Nana timidly blinks a couple times before she hold herself together again. “Turn around.” She said.

            He did. Nana open the box and take out an antibiotic packet, gauzes, and tape. She clean the dry blood off with a wet warm napkin, gently apply the antibiotic, and carefully tape the gauze pad over the cuts on the back of his head.

            “You’re very good at this.” He praised.

            “Done.” She said, putting things back into the box and throwing away the blooding napkin.

            He turn around, “Thank you.”

            Nana tries to avoid him, but the heat coming out from his body is grabbing onto her.

            “Can I get you something else to drink?” He ask.

            “I’m fine. Um… I’m going leave now.” She said.

            “It’s late now. You stay here for the night.”

            “I can take the taxi.”

            “I’m not going to let a beautiful lady take a taxi home this late. I don’t trust them and it’s not safe.”

            She know it’s true. Thanks to the new she have recently been reading and watching about missing people after taking the taxi. It terrify her. “Then can you drive me home.”

            “You told me I couldn’t drive in this condition.”

            Nana exhale with her arms cross. Taecyeon shrug. She rolls her eyes and walks over to the couch.

            “Okay, fine. I’ll take you home.”

            “No it’s fine. You’re right. You shouldn’t drive with an injure head.” Nana said without facing him.

            “Do you not like me?”

            Nana ignore his questioned as she looks at the giant portrait hanging on the wall. He walks over to her, blocking the view.

            “You can sleep on my bed.”  

            “I’m fine with the couch.” Nana said as she looks directly into his eyes. “I don’t want to sleep on the dirty bed. There’s probably dozen of women that have been on that bed.”

            “Whatever you’re thinking inside you head, it’s not true. Honestly, you’re the first woman in my loft. I don’t usually welcome visitors accept close ones.”

            “Thank you for the offer, but I’m good with the couch.”

            Taecyeon exhale heavily. He bend down, slide his arms around her and carries her up in a bridal way.

            “What are you doing? Put me down!”

            Taecyeon ignore her and carries her up to his bed on the second floor. He put her down on his bed gently.

            “You sleep here. Don’t worry, I won’t do anything to you.” He said before he turn around and takes the stair down to the living room. Sitting at the edge of the bed, she watches him grab a blanket from a closet and back to the couch. Sitting on the couch, he pull his phone out from his pocket.

            “I’m doing fine….Are you home?.....Good….. study hard, don’t let me and Nichkhun worry about you…That’s great….He will be happy about this… Okay, see you soon….Bye.” Taecyeon end the call and put his cellphone on the table. He lay down on the couch and cover his lower half of his body with a blanket.

            Nana takes off his heel, lay down on his bed, and slowly fall asleep.

* * * *

            Sitting at the very top bench in a stadium where no one can see him, Yunho watches Claudia skates beautifully around the ice rink. Not once he take his eyes off her. Sliding and circling in the ice rink, Claudia leap into the air and spin over the glistening ice-rink like a fairy. She smile gracefully as she perform a couple more tricks on the ice-rink. He enjoy coming to the ice-rink and watches her at night without her noticing him there. Suddenly, his phone vibrate in his pocket—cutting off the attention from her. He reach inside and pull out his phone. Looking at the screen, he sees a message from Taecyeon. Unlocking his phone with his pin, he open the message and read inside his head. He press on the top button, turning his phone to sleep, and put it back in his pocket inside of his jacket. He looks back at Claudia and sees her still skating around in the rink. He watch her patiently till she leave the rink—takes off her skate and put on her sneakers. Putting her skate in her bags, she walks to the exit. Yunho follow her, watches her safely get in the car and drive away before he went to his car. He takes out his phone and sent Taecyeon a message before driving away.

 

To be continues………………….