I've Always Known

Never Have I Ever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
I’VE ALWAYS KNOWN

**

Joonmyeon had dragged her outside, his grip on Chorong’s wrist tight and determined. Chorong had already given up on trying to get away; it was obvious Joonmyeon’s adamant on settling the issue between them – she wanted it too – but Chorong wasn’t happy with being dragged away by her ex-boyfriend. She didn’t like it at all.

They had left the hall, hopefully leaving without anyone noticing, and had reached the benches by the gardens. He made her sit down. Chorong just complied with a huff.

A heavy silence filled the air between them. Both were busy with their own thoughts.

Chorong was trying to discern what her ex-lover wanted to say, or even try to do. She subtly glanced at Joonmyeon. ‘What are you going to say?’ She noticed the thoughtful expression on his face. ‘Will you apologize?’ She knew there was a lot in his mind. ‘Or will he ask me to take him back?’

The thought didn’t sit well with her – which was strange. Joonmyeon was her first love, her everything once upon a time, and she should be fighting for him but why wasn’t she doing anything about it? She was hurt when she found out about his engagement, devastated even, yet after her tears were finally shed, she oddly felt more… okay.

Like nothing had happened, like she was never been betrayed by someone important to her – it was honestly boggling to Chorong.

“Remember when I finally confessed to you?” Joonmyeon suddenly said, reeling Chorong out of her thoughts. She turned to him, confused with his words. “What?!” she exclaimed, utterly perturbed. “Why are you asking that?” she added, her eyebrows furrowing together.

Joonmyeon glanced at her and smiled, chuckling slightly. “I was stuttering endlessly and you were getting exasperated.” A scoff escaped from her lips. Chorong could remember it without problem. It was something no one ever forget in all honesty. “You were about to leave but I stopped you and accidentally slipped out my feelings,” he continued. “I was a nervous wreck back then and I thought you were going to reject me, or worse end our friendship.”

They were now facing each other. Joonmyeon tilted his head to the side and gingerly took her hand in his. “But you didn’t,” he said, looking at Chorong in the eyes. “You accepted my feelings and admitted yours as well.”

“We went on numerous dates,” he rattled on with a nostalgic expression. “Remember that time we went to Lotte World and you ate so many and your stomach started to ache; we had been lining up for a ride for such a long time and we were pretty close to the front already, but you were feeling so unwell we had to leave the line and go home,” he reminisced, chuckling softly.

“How about that time during your recital when…”

His words faded into the background as flashbacks started to attack Chorong’s consciousness, playing over and over like a broken record. Her heartbeat picked up its speed, their memories becoming a tad difficult to reminisce with light feelings. Tears eventually formed at the corners of her eyes. She, of course, tried to stop them.

Chorong pulled her hand away from his grasp, her hands turning into fists. She stared at Joonmyeon, numerous emotions surging inside of her – anger being one of them.

“Why are you telling me this right now?” she asked, her voice shaking. Her body was visibly shaking as well. “Why are you making me remember?” she demanded, her tone slightly rising.

Joonmyeon tried to reach out for her but Chorong slapped his hand away. He sighed, covering his face with both of his hands. “We had good days, Chorong-ah,” he started. “We were together for such a long time,” he said, turning to her. “Being together with you was one of the most precious memories I’ve ever had.”

“We grew up together, Chorong,” he added after a while. “We graduated middle school together, and then high school. We even studied in the same college,” he said, smiling slightly. “We practically did everything together – never separating, always joined by the hip.” He met her eyes and Chorong couldn’t help but frown. “I don’t see anything wrong with that,” she told him. Joonmyeon nodded his head. “There’s nothing wrong about it,” he thoughtfully replied.

“Bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter