Musical Director

Never Have I Ever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
MUSICAL DIRECTOR

**

To say he was seething with rage would be an understatement – Luhan was boiling and sizzling with tremendous and serious anger at the moment.

His eyes turned into slits as he furiously glared at the haughty male in front of him. The said male had this proud and rather arrogant aura around him and it extremely irked thee vocal major to no end. He knew he shouldn’t let the other bother him too much but Luhan just couldn’t simmer down his annoyance, or rather frustration. He was just too irritated with the musical director.

Jung Yonghwa – that was the name of the horrid man assigned as the musical director of their annual play. He was also a professor in their university. Luhan didn’t have the chance to have him as his instructor but he knew him. The older male was popular in Yonsei after all – both for his talent and his looks. And it just irked Luhan more to know the said male was his first love’s fiancé.

It was just a of bad luck for the vocal major to be quite honest. It seemed like fate was mocking him for his broken heart.

“What’s wrong with you?” Jung Yonghwa’s voice boomed throughout the whole theatre. Luhan slightly flinched at the tone of his voice but he remained his straight face. He simply gazed at the older, a thin line spreading on his lips.

“We’ve been repeating this scene for over an hour now and you still haven’t given me the result I wanted from you!” the musical director scolded him for the nth time this day. “Your singing was perfect. You hit the notes right where I wanted you to but what the heck is this empty feeling? Where are your emotions?!”

The vocal major couldn’t utter a single word of protest or defense. They’ve been practicing the same scene over and over again because of his incompetence. As the musical director has said, he couldn’t produce the outcome the other wanted from him – and it seriously troubled Luhan.

He tried to sing better and louder but it just wouldn’t satisfy the musical director at all. He even tried adlibbing a few notes here and there yet his attempts were instantly called out and cruelly reprimanded.

Luhan was at a loss on how he would mollify the musical director’s demands. He looked pleadingly towards their director, silently asking for her help.

It was against his pride as a male for doing this but he was seriously at his wits ends for Jung Yonghwa’s constant nagging at scolding. He was dangerously close to giving up in all honesty.

Seo Joohyun heavily sighed and took off her glasses. She pursed her lips and stared at the musical director – slash her fiancé. “Yonghwa-ssi,” her soft voice called out. The said male instantly turned to his betrothed. He raised a curious eyebrow at her. “Can’t you give Luhan-ssi a break?” she told him.

“I know we’re stuck in this scene for so long but maybe Luhan-ssi’s just stressed out from all the pressure as the lead?” she said as she looked deep into his eyes. “Maybe he’s tired that’s why he couldn’t give you the emotions that you wanted. You shouldn’t give him too much of a hard time.”

Jung Yonghwa simply scoffed and shook his head. “We’ve been going over this scene ever since we started practicing,” he started. “Luhan-ssi’s been doing well in other scenes and only in this scene does he have a problem with.” He then turned his head towards the said vocal major and furrowed his eyebrows together.  “I just can’t understand why he can’t show this emotion at all. It’s honestly easy!” he rambled.

Luhan knotted his eyebrows together too and creases appeared on his forehead. ‘I know it’s easy and I’m expressing it the way I understood it. Is my understanding wrong then?’ he thought to himself.

The vocal major’s gaze then wandered towards the others. All of them were looking at him – cautiously and closely watching him. Luhan honestly felt incapable and utterly worthless because he had been getting called out for the same exact scene for days now.

Frustration had already grown in his heart for his so-so performance.

He then met his junior’s worried gaze. Chorong smiled softly at him from her position

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter