Us? Together?

Never Have I Ever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
US? TOGETHER?

**

A week – it had been exactly one week after Chorong had known about Joonmyeon’s engagement with the woman named Im Yoona. To be quite frank, the pianist never really made an effort to know about their engagement or anything about the other woman.

She was not curious as to what kind of woman Im Yoona was. What her age was, where she studied, and who were her parents – she was not interested to know at all. She was not curious when their engagement was officially decided too. She was not even curious if Joonmyeon enthusiastically agreed to it or if his parents merely forced him. Chorong simply didn’t give a damn.

Well, who would right? The boy she had greatly cared for, the boy she had been with for years ever since high school, the boy she had been in love with for such a very long time was getting married – well it’s still in the engagement stage – but he was going to be someone’s husband in the near future. Not hers but someone else’s.

Chorong oddly felt disconnected to her feelings at the moment. She was basically numb from everything.

The pianist had busied herself these past days. She had concentrated all of her strengths and focus on the musical, as well as on her piano. She had practiced every day for an extensive amount of time. She even practiced pieces they weren’t required to play or know yet. The belle simply broadened her knowledge on musical scores.

She also took on more loads as the musical director’s assistant. She organized and re-organized the practice schedules for the play, double checking ever bit of information on the piece of paper so she could make sure everything would go smoothly. She was even hands-on when it came to the orchestra members. She made it a point to talk to each member so they’d know their part in the play. Chorong even offered a hand to their director, Seo Joohyun, on some errands. Whenever she had a few free hours or any vacant time on her schedule, she’d immediately go to the director’s office and help the elder out.

She definitely occupied herself with a lot of things because Chorong didn’t want any free time to think about the engagement. She seriously didn’t want to dwell on it.

Joonmyeon desperately tried to reach out to her to be honest. He called her phone numerous times but the belle would simply ignore the call or end it. He also visited her in their apartment but Chorong didn’t answer the door for him. Chanyeol, her twin, didn’t even let him step one foot in their place – as per his sister’s orders of course. The younger Park still didn’t know about the engagement after all.

The belle was still too mad, or maybe too embarrassed about being in this kind of situation. She didn’t want anyone else to know about what she’s going through. She didn’t want people to know she had been indirectly dumped by her longtime boyfriend and the said boyfriend was getting married sooner or later to someone else – someone prettier and older than her to boot. Chorong seriously didn’t want anyone to know.

“Ah! But Luhan oppa already knows,” the belle softly mumbled as her fingers effortlessly finished the score she was playing. Chorong was currently in a practice room in their university, just randomly playing pieces here and there.

She heavily sighed and looked down at her fingers on the piano keys. There was honestly something unknown stirring inside of her. She bit her bottom lip as she thought deeply and anxiously.

Of all people, Chorong didn’t want to know about her situation was her senior. Xi Luhan was different compared to her other friends after all and she really didn’t want him to know about Joonmyeon’s engagement. But regrettably he was one of the few who knew. Luhan, together with her best friend Yoon Bomi and his best friend, Kim Minseok, were the only ones who knew about it.

Honestly, Chorong seriously didn’t want the vocal major to know because she knew the elder would surely be worried for her. Ever since he knew about Joonmyeon’s engagement, she could feel the constant concerned glances the senior would always give her. He was always on guard whenever she’s around, she noticed.

“He’s already going through a lot yet he’s more worried about my situation than his,” the belle mumbled with a pout.

Her senior was frankly having a hard time with their musical. Practice was hell for him if she was completely honest. It’s not that he hasn’t memorized his lines yet or that he hasn’t learned the songs, he was a genius of some sort and getting things inside his head was one of his fortes but practice wasn’t exactly going his way.

The vocal major had been getting called out whenever it was that certain scene. Their musical director would always find fault in the way he performs the scene and Chorong could see it was already stressing the senior greatly. He was clearly troubled and distressed by not getting the result the musical director was expecting of him.

“I wonder what he’s doing now though,” she wondered out loud. “Is he practicing as usual? Or is he home already?” she thoughtfully mumbled.

A smile then unconsciously appeared on her lips as an image of her senior sleeping on the sofa together with his best friend then came to mind. The belle had been spending most of her nights at her senior’s apartment the past week. Even Bomi had been staying over to hang-out with her; as well as with her senior’s best friend, Minseok.

Chorong then shook her head, a soft chuckle escaping from her lips. ‘They had grown unexpectedly close,’ the be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter