Something There

Never Have I Ever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

DOUBLE UPDATE BEAUSE I OWE YOU GUYS A LOT!!!! Read the first one before this. Hue hue~

Hope you'd like this chapter! It's quite long too! ^^

SOMETHING THERE **

“Cut! Cut! Cut!” Yoon Bomi’s  loud voice boomed throughout their apartment. Luhan, as well as the others in the living room, groaned in frustration. The marketing major was taking her role as the director for their little practice too seriously – way too seriously even for her own good if you asked the senior. He exasperatingly rubbed his hands on his face as he knew, oh how much he knew, everyone in the room would be staring at him again.

‘This is for what time already? 6th? 7th? Or was it my 9th time messing up?’ he thought frustratingly.

Luhan ruffled his hair as he berated himself for the nth time that day. Everyone was gathered in his and Minseok’s place – him, his best friend, Baekhyun, Eunji, Bomi, and Chorong, for a much needed practice for their musical.

The event’s only a month away and Luhan still couldn’t perform that one scene in the entire Beauty and the Beast that he’s having trouble with ever since. He was slowly losing all hope of giving justice on performing the wonderful fairytale. He just couldn’t act or sing that scene the way he, and the way others too, wanted it to be performed. The vocal major was honestly at his wits ends.

“Why can’t you do it, oppa?” the marketing major asked him for the nth time again today. Her voice was obviously disappointed but she still tried not to clearly show it. Luhan’s heart was filled with guilt. The elder hung his head low and shrugged. “I don’t know, Bomi-yah,” he dejectedly sighed. “I just don’t know anymore,” he gloomily mumbled.

He then slumped down onto the couch behind him and covered his face with a pillow. “Why can’t I get it right?” he wondered out loud, his words a little muffled. “We’ve been practicing this for a long time already and I still mess up that scene over and over!” he ranted as his voice slightly rose. “Why can’t I freaking get it right?!” he cried out, fuming slightly in his seat.

The vocal major then felt a comforting hand over his. He glanced to his side and smiled gratefully at his hoobae. She smiled back at him immediately, silently comforting him. He grabbed her hand and entwined them together. He then released a heavy sigh, slowly relaxing his nerves.

“I don’t know what I’m doing wrong anymore. I’m following the right notes but why can’t I seem to get the right feeling or emotion?” he mumbled as he leaned onto her shoulder. “I at this. I want to quit,” he said with a pout.

“You’ll get it right eventually, oppa,” she told him as she gently patted his cheek. She glanced at their friends, who gave her an encouraging nod, and then to him. A smile was slowly appearing on her beautiful face. “You’ll definitely nail this scene!” she said with confident nod. She then grabbed for his face and made him look at her in the eyes. She squinted, silently telling him to listen closely to her next words. “Just don’t give up!” she said full of conviction.

Luhan smiled; not the tired or timid smile he showed earlier, but a genuine and dazzling kind of smile. He grabbed her face too, mirroring her action, and affirmatively nodded his head, a soft chuckle escaping his lips.

“Thank you, fairy princess~” was all he said before giving her a quick kiss on the nose.

The act made both of them freeze. Luhan was surprised on how natural it was for him to kiss her. Meanwhile Chorong was simply taken aback with the sudden show of affection.

Awkwardness soon enveloped the two.

Someone then cleared their throat, breaking the heavy air between the pair. Chorong and Luhan turned to Eunji, who was now sporting a seriously wide grin at the two of them. Her eyes twinkled with something the two were too scared to distinguish. They glanced at each other before turning back onto devilishly smiling Busan girl.

“Why are you smiling like a crazy person?” Chorong cautiously asked her friend.

“Have you come up with a great way to murder Baekhyun and dispose his body without anyone knowing?” Luhan then tried to joke which resulted to a collective snicker from his friends and an insulted ‘hey!’ from the other vocal major.

Jung Eunji merely shook her head, now a smirk adorning her face. She turned to their friends and, Bomi specifically, and put her hands on her hips. “I think we’re doing this the wrong way,” she stated.

Everyone looked at her, confused with her words. The Busan girl then turned to the pair seated at the couch. “I think it would be better if that person there-” She said as she pointed towards Chorong. “-would take my place as Belle for the meantime,” she suggested.

Bomi scrunched up her face as she processed the other’s words. “Why?” she inquired.

“Because Luhan oppa’s more comfortable with her,” Eunji simply answered with a shrug.

Luhan and Chorong were about to speak up but Minseok beat them first. “I think you’re right,” he thoughtfully commented. “Even though he’s fairly comfortable with Eunji, he’s the most comfortable with Chorong in all honesty,” the medical gave his two-cent.

Eunji and Baekhyun nodded their heads, agreeing to the elder’s words. They then turned to Bomi, silently asking for her opinion.

The marketing major looked at Chorong and Luhan seated on the couch then towards Minseok on her side. The elder male stared at her, an eyebrow raised as if asking her to challenge his words. She couldn’t help but chuckle. She knew he was right. She concededly nodded her head.

“Okay, Rong Rong! It’s time to bring out the inner actress in you!” she said as she gleefully clapped her hands.

Chorong rolled her eyes at her best friend. “If it’ll help oppa, then why not?” she said as she stood up from the couch. Luhan then reached for her hand, making her glance back at him. “Are you sure?” he carefully asked.

The vocal major’s honestly happy if his hoobae would be able to help him out of his slump but he just want to make sure that she’s not forcing herself because of him. Singing and acting wasn’t her thing after all, albeit her talent for the two. Luhan just doesn’t want the pianist to do anything she’s uncomfortable with.

“I’m sure, oppa. Come on,” was all she said before pulling him up to stand.

A smile was playing on her lips as she briefly scanned the script now on her hands. Luhan could only nod – a smile, also adorning his face. He closed his eyes and recollected himself.

“Ready?” Bomi said from the side.

Chorong and Luhan both nodded.

“Beauty and the Beast Act II Scene II! Action!”

**those enclosed in the parenthesis are from the script. I copied them from here if you want to know. I did not make it up. LOL. The ones enclosed by the dash or slash are Luhan's inner dialogue of some sort. If you're interested in watching the whole scene, watch it here. Thank you!**

BELLE **Chorong**

Let me see. Don’t do that!

(She reaches for him again, but he won’t let her touch his arm.)

Just hold still.

(She gently dabs at the wound. He cringes and howls painfully.)

 

BEAST **Luhan**

OW! That hurts!

 

BELLE

If you’d hold still, it wouldn’t hurt as much.

 

BEAST

If you hadn’t run away, this wouldn’t have happened.

 

BELLE

If you hadn’t frightened me, I wouldn’t have run away!

 

(This gives him pause. It’s a moment before he can come up with a retort.)

/Luhan gave Chorong a proud look as she effortlessly threw her lines at him. It was their first time acting toget

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter