Chapter 2

No past, no future

Loook what I have done: it's so longer than the previous one. O_O I don't know how. The words just came. >.< 

And wow 31 subscribers? Really? Oh my god, but this was just the first chapter! :O Thank you, sweethearts! *__* I'm dying... so here's the new chapter...

 


 

Everything happened so fast. Luhan didn’t have time to think, his body moved on its own. He didn’t feel pain anymore. No. The fear, the survival instinct outgrew it. Only this motivated him. Surviving this catastrophe, surviving this situation and as he grabbed the boy’s arm he continuously repeated it in his head. Escape…

“Run!” He shouted. Desperation controlled all of his movements, all of his thoughts were just about one thing. They had to survive it and if not for himself, but for the boy. Anyway. He couldn’t let them kill him, not only because his life, but because this whole thing aroused his interest. The journalist woke up in him and it demanded answers. Who was this boy? Who were these men? And why did this accident happen?

Questions like these were swirling in his head and he thought that if he wouldn’t get answers to them, there’s no need for the bullets. The curiosity will do the job instead of them but to this, first they had to run away.

He didn’t have to warn the other twice, he immediately ran with him but as soon as they turned right next to the coach, the boy pushed him into the shadow of the wheels.

“What are you...” But the younger one shut him up with his hand and shook his head. Luhan’s eyes widened. He didn’t understand. He didn’t understand why they had to hide there, he didn’t understand why they couldn’t run further. They will just die there. The two men will find them and they even won’t be able to move. They trapped themselves.

He wanted to scream in his frustration. To scream, to stamp and to tear his hair. Just like a demented. His lips quivered under the covering palm and he was ready to let the tension out in any moment. His startled glance intertwined with the boy’s. The brown irises exuded calmness in a strange way and for some reason they managed to reach Luhan’s heart. He still panicked. He still felt himself as a trapped deer which runs wherever, it meets only the bars of its cage, but he wasn’t able to do anything. He dropped his hand – which held the other’s wrist – next to his body but he didn’t tear his eyes away from the boy’s till the moment when they heard the approaching danger. The stones’ screaming under the heavy steps were sharp pains to his ears and he knew that they were already there. He could almost feel their presence.

Luhan’s body started to shake again, tears welled up in his eyes as he told the other without any words how much he was afraid. He really didn’t want to die. He really did want to live. To be in love, to start a family and to get old in happy placidity. Moreover, maybe to return to China.

“I know what I’m doing.” A soft finger caressed his cheek and he believed him. He believed that he knew it. Even himself didn’t know why but it was the truth. The boy seemed to be so calm and as a stray sunshine rested on the blonde locks, Luhan was sure that not a human was standing in front of him. The Heaven must have sent him down to take care of him. There had to be no other reason.

The boy slowly leaned down and after a few moment Luhan felt something warm on his forehead. His heart stopped for a moment. It was like when we are waiting for the result of our test and the teacher says our name. Because the boy’s lips were on his forehead. Those lips on which that tongue had run along which drew Luhan’s attention to itself as a colourful balloon that getting free from its owner flies into the sky.

He didn’t know what to do and although it was as if the time had stopped, the moment flew away as sudden as a startled little bird. By that time when Luhan started to think straight, the boy was already out of the protection of the wheels and surprising one of their attackers he knocked him down twisting the pistol out of his hand.

“Who are you?” The Chinese male whispered amazed by the younger one as he taking advantage of the power of the surprise shot at the other attacker and with a perfect shoot he hit his knee.

He could barely understand the happenings, the pounding of his heart was playing a rhythmless solo in his ears. He didn’t know what he had just seen, he didn’t know what that expression was on the boy’s face but he couldn’t watch it too long because long fingers circled themselves around his wrist and his legs moved on their own. And where they were running? They didn’t know either. Only one thing were in their heads: run away from there. As far as possible. And then maybe they can find a place where death doesn’t poison the air and where the rails don’t bloom in fresh red shades.

But Luhan knew that they couldn’t go to hospital. Although both of their body were full of wounds, it would be such a crazy idea to visit a hospital. Those people knew the boy and they had seen the injuries so maybe their first actions would be to look around in the hospitals. And he couldn’t risk it despite the fact that he had no idea where to go.

“Okay. Look…” Luhan stopped for a moment, his eyebrows running together. His glance slid towards the boy who was just blinking at him uncomprehendingly. The serious expression had already disappeared from his face and nothing remained just the childish innocence. Luhan swallowed. “Do you… do you remember your name?”

The boy’s lips parted a little at the unexpected question but Luhan didn’t have to wait too long for his answer. It seemed that some of his memories remained. But he started to feel dizzy.

“Sehun. I’m Sehun. Oh Sehun.” Luhan smiled hearing that name. It was so light and so soft as if someone just sighed dreamily, and he gently chuckled at this idea.

“I’m Luhan.” Pause. “And do you know where and when you were born?”

“Seoul, 1994.04.12.” The other just nodded as he slowly processed the information. So he was local and…

“So I’m really older than you. Moreover, with four years.” He grinned and Sehun didn’t really catch it. Luhan seemed too young to be this old. It must have been a misunderstanding like the fact that his figure started to get unclear. “So Sehun…” He stopped. The boy’s eyes weren’t clear and his face was even paler than previously. Something wasn’t good and a new wave of panic woke up in Luhan’s head from the recognition.

“I think… I’m dizzy…”

 

Damn it. It must be the injury on his head.

 

Suddenly something popped up in Luhan’s mind. Although they couldn’t go to hospital, there was another option. Moreover, this option was so close.

“Hey, hey look at me. Hold on a little more, okay? I need fifteen minutes. Try not to faint till then. Okay?” Sehun couldn’t promise it because all of their surroundings were moving around his head and little ants made his sight unclear. But in the end he nodded hesitantly. He had to bear it. They were over the hardest part.

 

 

 

 

“Yixing. Yixing, please be at home.” Luhan was pressing the button of the doorbell without stopping while Sehun was leaning against the wall with closed eyes. They really reached the place within fifteen minutes but there was a last obstacle. They had to get in the house.

Luhan was nervously biting his lips and slowly he started to give up when a creaking voice spoke into the intercom in a sleeping tone.

“Hello?”

“Yixing!” The pleasing lightning bolt of relief split into him and he answered to his friend with unconcealed happiness. “I’m Luhan. Please let me in.”

“Don’t rush me.” And with that the lock clicked and a monotonically buzzer sound signalled that the way into the house was free. But this monotone sound signalled also the solution to their every problem. Or almost to their every problem.

Luhan pushed the door in and while he threw Sehun’s arm on his shoulder to help him in, he was holding the gate with his foot. He couldn’t be any happier. Yixing was his saviour and this wasn’t the first time.

He met Yixing when he moved to Korea and got into hospital on his fist day here. Because he had fallen down the stairs. At that time Yixing was just a resident in the hospital so he got the task to take care of the other. From then they soon found each other and they became friends. And that was Luhan’s luck because he knew that Yixing kept a lot of stuffs from the hospital at home.

It took a little time to reach the male’s flat because he lived on the third floor and Sehun’s almost unconscious body didn’t help either.

“I thought you would never get here. Who is this… oh my god.” First, Yixing realised that Luhan wasn’t alone. Second, he realised that both of them were dirty, torn and injured. The question danced on the tip of his tongue that what this was but he knew that this wasn’t the best moment for it. So he just stepped away from the doorframe speechless and let the two boys in.

The whole flat smelled like a hospital. As if they hadn’t been in a residence but in some private practice. Even the walls were painted to white, the only thing which made the place a little better was the decoration. There were plenty of oil paintings on the walls and Yixing’s favourite flowers painted all of the corners green. It still had the doctor-scent but the man didn’t feel ill at ease as if he was sitting in a waiting room waiting for the diagnosis which shows his deadly illness.

Luhan laid Sehun down on the couch, then looked at Yixing with pleading eyes. And he immediately understood.

“I’m bringing it.” He nodded then disappeared in the door and after two minutes he returned with a chest. “What happened?” He asked quietly while he was taking out his tools. He knew that it hadn’t been a simple accident because it was simply surprising that they came to him instead of a hospital. Luhan wouldn’t do such a thing without any reason so there must be something in the background.

“Someone had exploded my train’s viaduct.” Yixing’s hand slipped so although Sehun was just half sober, he whimpered painfully.

“Pardon?!”

“Yeah. And he was just roaming at the wrecks when those guys came and…”

“What guys? What?” Yixing’s hand stopped working and he stared at Luhan uncomprehendingly. But the boy just waved after a heavy sigh.

“First help him, then we will talk about this. But you have to know that he doesn’t remember a lot of things. He knows his name and his birth date. That’s sure.” The other just frowned at this, then after some hesitation he brought back is attention to Sehun. He understood nothing. Everything was so confusing but he hoped that Luhan would explain everything soon. But first he had to fulfil his medical tasks.

 

After one hour both of them were sitting in the armchairs while Sehun slowly started to rebound due to the pain killers. Luhan told everything. Starting from the accident till the two men who wanted to kill them and Yixing just listened and listened. This was too much for him. His glance slid to Sehun not once and every time, when he looked at him, his face twitched. He didn’t like the situation. Not at all.

“Luhan, you can’t bring home a kid who you have found on the streets just like that! He is not a lost puppy!” He concluded finally but Luhan just blinked at him. His face was empty and he looked almost sad. Yixing was confused.

“But he looks like one.”

“No. He doesn’t. Baekhyun, yeah, he looks like one, but this kid doesn’t. Maybe his parents are so worried by now and the police is looking for him and…”

“They wanted to kill him, Yixing. I couldn’t leave him there.” Luhan didn’t understand his friend. Why would he have left a poor boy there with those who wanted to kill him? Especially a boy like him…

“Maybe there’s a reason why they wanted to do that. Look at him. He even has a weapon.” Yixing pointed a finger at Sehun, who just sat there blinking innocently. He was still a little low but now he felt better than previously.

“Because he took it from our attacker. Yixing, please! Don’t be such an .” The mentioned male just grimaced then let out a huffish sigh.

“Fine. Let’s see. Why were you on the train?” He asked the poor boy who needed a few seconds to understand the question. Then he just shook his head.

“I don’t know.”

 

Sehun you have to go, okay? You have to be there. It’s important.

 

“I really don’t know.” He repeated himself quietly. It was strange. He remembered those sentences but he didn’t know from who they came from. And why was that so important? It didn’t make sense.

“We won’t move forward with this child…” Yixing crossed his arms in front of his chest and leaned back in his armchair. It was just too stupid. Who would want to bring someone with himself when another someone wants to see that certain person dead? Maybe Luhan had hit his head too.

“You know, I’m not dumb. I just don’t remember my past.” Sehun tilted his head to the right and there was something in his eyes again. It wasn’t innocent anymore. No. It was an expression of irritation, Yixing could tell that. And that made him more suspicious.

“These two are almost the same. So yes, you are dumb.”

“You are so mean. I don’t like you.” Sehun pursed his lips sadly then stood up and walked to the windows. Again, he looked like a little child. The expression disappeared from his eyes and he looked out to the streets languidly. He leaned his head against the glass and as his breath bloomed on it, he drew shapeless shapes.

“And I don’t trust you.” The Chinese man murmured but not quietly enough because the boy could hear that.

“Hyung~.” He cried and that tone made Luhan’s heart flutter. He just simply liked the way Sehun said that certain word.

“Yixing, leave that kid alone.” He just rolled his eyes at the whole situation but before his friend could say something again, Sehun’s panicked voice disturbed them.

“Hyung. I think there’s a little problem.” He pointed out of the window. There a few man – including those injured ones from the wrecks – got out of some black cars and went straight to the gate of the house.

“How could they find us so fast?” Luhan’s mouth hung open but by that time Yixing already pushed them inside his bedroom. They had to hurry. And that creepy feeling which overwhelmed Luhan at the wrecks started to appear again. He thought that they had managed to escape. He thought that they wouldn’t be so fast. But he was wrong. Totally wrong.

“The clothes! Come on! Change your clothes, here’s some to wear. There must be tracking devices in them.” Yixing shouted as he threw some pants and T-shirts at the others. Sehun didn’t understand anything but he knew one thing. They were in danger again.

“You watch too many action films.” The other Chinese shook his head while he was taking his clothes off. It was ridiculous. It wasn’t a freaking movie! It was a reality. And in reality these kind of stuffs doesn’t happen too often. So why now? Why them?

“Or I just think about every possibilities.”

“Yeah, whatever.” Shrug. That was the only answer which Yixing got before the boys stepped in front of him in new clothes. They were ready to go, but before leaving the doctor ran to the living room because he needed his stuffs.

Someone knocked on the door. Luhan’s eyes widened as he looked at his partners, but Yixing told them to go to the balcony. There were stairs which led to the backyard and the parking area was there too. The knocking was getting more impatient and the boys ran down the stairs. They heard someone breaking Yixing’s door. Luhan was the edge of fainting, his legs trembled so much that he barely could run. But they had to leave. The urge to survive from the train was there again and it didn’t let him give up. It didn’t let him stop there on the stairs and in the end they managed to reach Yixing’s car. Someone shouted from upstairs, then shots were heard.

“.” Luhan commented as he got into the vehicle. Yixing didn’t even waited for the others to get into normally, he immediately started the car and drove out of the parking lot. He didn’t care about speed limits anymore. At that moment there wasn’t such a thing that speed limit. Now their lives were in question so nothing could stop them. Or him. With his precious car. Which got injured by the shoots.

“, , , .” Luhan bit his lower lip as he looked back continuously. Nobody followed them. Yet. But if they could find them in the doctor’s house, there was a huge chance that they could locate them again.

“Another swearing and I throw you out of my car!”

“It’s a freaking emergency! Don’t act like a ing saint, Zhang Yixing!”

“Hyung, I think you swear a lot. I didn’t think that such a beauty faced person could speak like this.” Sehun blinked a few times, again, innocently. It was his best expression, really. The cute boy who acts like a five-year-old child. It was amazing.

“See? Even the silly kid agrees with me.”

“I’m not dumb.” Yixing rolled his eyes while he was turning right and then he looked at Sehun in the rear-view mirror.

“That’s why I said that silly kid.”

“Have you even realised that someone wanted to kill us or do you want to continue the argument?” Luhan started to get enough of these two and their continuous quarrel. They really needed to shut up. There were more important things like this. For example their lives. Yeah, they were the most important things because without them they couldn’t do anything! They needed their lives to live!

“So anyone has any idea where to go?” Yixing asked in the end, but Luhan nodded without any hesitation.

“To my place. We should go there…” 

 


 

Sooo this is it. The second chapter. I feel like it isn't as good as the first one but I hope you like it just a little bit. :$ And yeah, a new character! :D Meet Yixing, our precious doctor! ^-^ And he doesn't like Sehun... yaay. 

But thank you for subscribing and commenting and even upvoting! I really love you all! <333