Chapter 1

No past, no future

/OMG sorry I accidentally deleted the chapter so no, it's not a new update :S Thanks God that I have everything in Word :'))/

So here's the first chapter, I hope you will like it. ^-^ And thank you for those who have already subscribed, it made my heart feel so warm. :3 <3 


Warnings: dead people and a little swearing (just one word or two I don't remember :'D)


 

 

“Somebody! Please, help!” Seemingly a far shout flew through the landscape but the dust and the smoke cloud absorbed the desperate sounds.

Luhan slowly opened his eyes. Although the heavy smog didn’t let the sunlight reach the ground, some sunshine successfully forced their way to the land and blinded the blurred vision male. He hissed painfully and immediately closed his eyes. He tried to put his thoughts together but those were just swirling in his head uncontrolled. First he thought he had died. His whole body was sore, his hearing was dull and something big and hard weighed on his leg. He couldn’t move it so he rather tried his arms. Left arm: moving. His fingers took a fistful of the stony ground. He crumbled every pieces one by one between his thumb and index finger, enjoying their rough surface and that his fingertips were able to feel them.

After he was satisfied with the working functions of his left arm, he wanted to test his right. In the silence he almost heard the muscles moving attached to the bones and his joints crackled as a sixty-year-old typist’s. At least they were functioning. Holding out his right arm he touched something cold, metallic material and as he ran his fingertips south, he found something totally different. He immediately recognised what it was and his eyes snapped open terrified, not caring with the stray sunshine.

He gasped as he silently was looking into a shocked face which was staring straight at him. The man’s lips were open, letting a tiny blood stream flow out and his eyes shone in the dim light as empty marbles. Scared, Luhan pulled back his hand from his nose but this short but sudden movement also sent huge pains through his body. His foot twitched. And this was a good sign because then there was a chance that he can escape from the big, incumbent piece of metal’s captivity. But currently he wasn’t able to think about escaping because the train’s former passenger was still lying in front of his eyes. Lifeless. Looking straight at him.

A chill ran down Luhan’s spine as the memories of the man came to his mind. As he took a seat in front of the boy smiling at him and saying excitedly that he visits his grandchild, he hopes the train won’t be delayed. Thinking about this he wanted to throw up and holding out his shaking hand he closed the old man’s eyes.

As soon as he pulled back the arm, a quiet whimper caught his attention. He decided that this was the time to be released. His waist told him with a loud crack how much it didn’t like the sitting position but Luhan didn’t care. Instead, he looked around however, the sight just made him more horrified. The wrecks of the train covered everything and because of the dust it was impossible to see further than two meters. He relaxed a bit because he didn’t see other corpses but he suspected that the other passengers were stuck under the remains of the train. He shivered then led his eyes to the piece of rail which weighed on his leg. Then he realised that the other end of the pole had fallen on the coach next to him so after some effort he was able to pull out his limb under it.

He was relieved and noted that obviously he had been so lucky because maybe he had fallen out of the window when the train fell down from the viaduct.

Slowly he pulled up his knee then stretched his leg out to accustom it to moving and at that moment he heard steps. The wrecks screamed cracking under the heavy strides but he could see only dark figures through the dust cloud.

A gleam of hope appeared in Luhan that maybe someone had found them and the help had arrive but when he opened his mouth to draw attention to himself, someone was faster.

“Help, please! I can’t move my arm!” A woman’s voice cried and the two figures started to stirring. The boy couldn’t catch too much from their conversation but some details managed to reach him.

“Then what do we do?”

“We don’t need anybody. Kill her.” Luhan froze when a moment later a bullet’s sharp squeal broke the country’s dusty silence then mournful peace sat on the wrecks again. He felt as if the shot had penetrated his chest and he didn’t realise that his body started to shake uncontrollable. His brain tried to process the happenings but he wasn’t able to find out what it was all about. The situation was simply too absurd.

“Let’s search again. The sooner we find him, the sooner we can leave this damn place.” And with that the two men started to wander again so Luhan could ease a little. But he knew that they would return.

He watched as the figures disappeared in the fog and when he couldn’t see their outlines anymore, he stood up. All the muscles in his body protested against moving but he simply couldn’t do anything else. He had to run away before those people kill him too. And the real help who knows when will arrive…

Despite all of his pains he had to make his legs move. Only one thing were in his brain: run for his life. Disappear. Disappear as soon as possible because if he don’t do that, then it will be over. The Death will catch him here too although he had survive the accident and this wasn’t in his plans. He had promised that he would take care of himself. Damn it! He had promised that he would return to China.

He was walking among the remains of the train stumbling but cautiously stepping over every piece of metal and he tried to ignore the appearing legs and arms under the wrecks. He wasn’t fast enough. He was dizzy, his head hurt, his chest, his everything. But he had to run away. He knew that they weren’t so far from Seoul so if he manages to reach the lonely factory building next to the viaduct, he will be safe. As soon as he leaves this place, he just has to wait till the ambulance and the firefighters arrive and then he can go out again not being afraid of the men shooting him down. Just let him reach that damn building!

Something suddenly moved near him. Luhan’s pupils narrowed, his breath stopped and he immediately crouched next to a train coach. As if it could protect him. He pressed his hands to his head and he was just hoping that they wouldn’t find him. But the steps became closer and closer.

Suddenly he wanted to cry but tears didn’t come. He was just thinking about the fact that why it had to happen to him. Why does he have to bear it? As if it wasn’t enough for him that his father had sent him to Korea because this talent needs to be here. Yeah, of course. Because a journalist can’t prevail in China…

He hated it. He hated being here, he hated that he rarely can see his family, he hated that he had to sit on that ing train. He just wanted to go home. Is it such a big request?

The steps suddenly died out. Silence covered the landscape again but as Luhan tried to focus, he became aware of quiet snuffles. Somebody was standing in front of him. And he was still alive. Slowly he opened his eyes and cautiously raised his head up. First he saw just two feet. There wasn’t shoe on one of them and the sharper stones painted tiny, red lines on it. Luhan raised his glance higher. The trousers were hanging loosely in rags on the two long legs and as he was going higher he noticed that the T-shirt was stained by blood. And then he saw the face. Two deep brown eyes were staring at him wondering, frightened as if he hadn’t seen a person in his life. Luhan’s breath stopped for the umpteen time that day. A twenty-year-old boy was standing In front of him, his face was pale and scars covered it too.

The boy opened his mouth to say something but before words could come to his tongue, he ran it through his upper lip. Luhan’s eyes followed this movement amazed.

“Hey.” The younger one said in the end. The other shivered and led his glance to the brown irises again.

“Hey.” He said back quietly. Suddenly he forgot that from what he was hiding but the warning was still in the back of his mind. Go. Run. He shouldn’t be here.

“Are you… are you okay?” The boy asked gently tilting his head to the side and he took a step closer to the older one. He looked like a lost puppy.

At that moment Luhan realised that he was still crouching by the coach so he gathered some strength and slowly he stood up. Now he could examine the younger closer but he had to raise his head up a little because the other was taller than him. He was more perfect from closer.

‘No! No, no, no! It’s no good. Run. Come on, Luhan! Run!’

But he didn’t run. While he held his arm out to touch the snow white skin and the scar, he nodded softly.

“Yeah, I’m okay. I think.” He didn’t have a clue what he was doing. He didn’t have a clue what this situation was. But he knew one thing. This boy created such an impact on him within just a minute that he had never experienced before. “And… are you okay?” He looked up to those innocent eyes while he ran his finger on the other’s face. And the real strange thing was that the boy didn’t push him away.

“Actually, I don’t think so.” Luhan’s eyes widened when the younger one gently took his hand then his arm helplessly fell next to his body still holding Han’s. He laughing dug with the other one into his dirty blonde hair and Luhan noted a new thing into his remarks. Smiling totally suited to the boy. “I don’t know where I am.”

Lu just wanted to open his mouth to react if he had heard it well when a loud bang disturbed the conversation. His heart almost stopped beating and he unwittingly tightened the grip around the boy’s hand when he felt a bullet passing a few centimetres away from his skin. They found them. It’s over.

“Look, who is there.” Familiar sounds hit his ears and Luhan desperately looked up to the younger one who glanced down at him puzzled, then at their attackers. It seemed as if his face had twitched but maybe just Luhan imagined it.

“You shouldn’t stay alive.” A new bullet but it didn’t hit the target again. The sounds came closer and closer and Luhan had to find something out but he couldn’t think properly. If he doesn’t do anything as soon as possible, then it’s over. They will kill them. And he didn’t plan to die right there. Not now.

“RUN!”

 


 

Okay, I know it wasn't sooo long, but I will try to write the other chapters a little longer. ^-^ And yeah, it's a little confusing now, and a lot of thing is not understandable but I will explain everything in the further chapters. So don't worry. :)

Despite it, I hope you liked it and I'm really curious about your opinion. :$ If it bad or positiv, it's all the same. Just spill it out, so I can learn. :'D
And I will try to hurry with the new chapter but I don't promise anything. Within two weeks it will come. :3

Till then: Bye~ <3