Chapter 7

No past, no future

Guess what? I'm baaaaack. *___* And here's the new chapter. It's a little angsty and all but I hope you will like it. And now I won't disappear I can promise. I just have oral exams but those are just children's play. :'))) 

Have fun :3

 


 

Luhan’s eyes were looking terrified for Sehun’s dark glance but the younger boy had already turned towards the door covering the other with his own body. As if he wanted to protect him and while they were waiting for their guest to step into the room, Luhan quickly put the note which Baekhyun had left for him into his pocket. They didn’t know who had just arrived but both of them was sure that this voice wasn’t familiar to none of them.

And the steps were just approaching sinisterly. Slowly and menacingly as if every new patter had signalled that another hour passed. The hall wasn’t this long and yet they were playing with their nerves until a figure in Sehun’s age, not much lower than him appeared in front of them. The blonde one had only a moment to take a closer look at the light brown hair, at the wistfully twinkling eyes and at the nicely tanned skin but it totally mesmerized him. And the other boy’s lips, those beautiful full lips were pulled into a sly smile, as if Sehun’s puzzlement had entertained him.

“Surprise.” The strange lightning of recognition ran through Sehun but he didn’t have time to react. Everything happened so fast that in the next moment he could only catch the sight of two figures running past him towards Luhan. His heart stopped beating. He knew he couldn’t allow this.

“Don’t touch him.” He turned after them immediately and tried to grab one of them. But the other man also tried to stop Sehun and he was about to hit him when somebody spoke from behind.

“Leave him to me. That is yours.” At that moment he twisted Sehun’s arms and with a simple movement he took the boy to the floor. “You always at watching your back.” He grinned at him playfully while Sehun’s head reached the ground with a dull thud. He gasped in pain but he didn’t care about it. They cornered Luhan and he couldn’t do anything against it. He tried to escape in vain, the other didn’t let him, and just pushed him to the floor with more force. As if he had known his weak points.

“Please no. Please.” The older boy tried to protest in vain, they grabbed his arms and a moment later he found himself also on the ground. He was trembling with his whole body, his forlorn glance intertwined with Sehun’s for a moment. He opened his mouth to say something once more but when the first kick was brought in, he closed his eyes resignedly. It was all the same.

“I told you to give him back.”

 

 

“I told you to pay more attention, boy.”
“But Dad, I can’t look forward and still pay attention to what is behind me.”
“See, Sehun? That’s why they bet you up. Because they are better students than you. Maybe I will choose one of them as my son instead of you.”
“But Daaad, I’m trying my best.”
“If this is your best, that’s a huge problem, my son.”

 

 

“I should try it harder.” He whispered to himself and his eyes wouldn’t have left Luhan’s fragile body even for a moment. He didn’t understand for what this all was but he knew that he had seen from the window this boy kneeling on his back now. He had looked into his eyes, he was the one who had sent the message. But now he didn’t have time to ask him about this. No. He had to escape to save Luhan.

“Do whatever you want to do with him. And you Sehun… why do you run from me? Why didn’t you come back? Do you know how worried I was? I thought they had killed you.” This statement was a little absurd compared to the situation but somehow the boy’s words seemed to be honest for Sehun. He didn’t know why. They have just attacked them and now he was saying how much he had been worried.. But for some reason he believed him.

“I.. I don’t even know who you are.” The blonde one groaned being pushed to the ground but as at Chanyeol he only got a non-believer laugh now too.

“What are you talking about? Hunnie, it is not funny.” Sehun shivered at the nickname. Something was in his head, something wanted to break out but it simply wasn’t able to. Instead, it just hid in the background to appear on a later occasion to start to chew again the boy’s nerves.

“But I’m telling you the truth. I don’t know you. And I don’t know what you want from me. But leave Luhan alone. Leave him alone, you only want me, don’t you?” As if the pressure had softened on is arms but not enough for him to be able to escape. It softened only that he knew, the boy hadn’t waited for this answer. He wanted Sehun to recognise him.

“What have you done to him? How…?” They lifted Luhan up as a helpless ragdoll from the floor so he could face the leader. But the boy just shook his head fearfully signalling that he didn’t have a clue what it was all about. He didn’t do anything. He had nothing to do with the fact that Sehun had lost his memories. “What kind of spell did you put on him that he doesn’t recognise me, huh? What can you do for which he protect you so much? What?!” The boy shouted hysterically then with a nod he allowed the other two to continue where they had stopped. Sehun did understand nothing along with the older male. But Luhan didn’t move anymore and he was just watching him helplessly. While they only pinned him down to the floor, they were kicking and hitting Luhan where they could. And he was bearing it without any words. Sehun started to wonder how big his tolerance was and what he had to experience in his past and meanwhile his heart was aching so much for him. But in a sudden moment Luhan’s body jerked and he cried out quietly. And Sehun couldn’t stand it anymore. Something woke up in him, something animal instinct from which he knew what he had to do. From which he knew how he should try it harder.

With a sudden movement he turned his body surprising the boy sitting on him and he was able to throw him down from himself. After that he jumped up and punched the leader in the face. But the other wasn’t so weak as well. With a sarcastic grin he wiped the blood off from the corner of his mouth and looked at Sehun.

“You can always surprise me. But I’m still better in this.” With that he tripped the blonde one up with his leg and attacked him. The others didn’t bother to help because they knew that their boss wouldn’t like that so they paid full attention to Luhan. Sehun took a quick glance at him. He got sick from the sight because he even didn’t know if the other was still alive. But he had to save him.

“Yeah, I’m sure of it.” He whispered sarcastically and slowly he glanced at his attacker. Those’ hand stopped in the air and his eyes widened. Sehun’s irises darkened again, his face was totally unreadable. The playfulness, the twinkling which was previously full of life and every emotions had disappeared from his eyes and nothing remained just the threatening darkness. The blackness which frightened the other too.

“S-Sehun?” He asked startled but no answer came back. Sehun grabbed him and threw him to the ground as a weightless bug, then pressed his shoe on his neck. “Please, be your old self.” The boy under him cried in pain but there was no stop. Only one thing drove the blonde boy: the desire to protect himself and everything which belonged to him. So Luhan. And at that moment something came to his mind. Something which could solve everything.

“Boss!” Shouted one of Luhan’s attackers when he noticed that the boy pulled a gun out of nowhere. He immediately let go of the Chinese male.

“Don’t come closer.” Sehun groaned while pulled his opponent in front of himself with one motion and he pushed the barrel of the gun to his head. The air suddenly froze in the room. Nobody dared to move and that black aura vibrated from Sehun’s body which had broken out of him in the morning due to Yixing’s act. But now it was much stronger. Much more dangerous and you could almost feel the killer instinct. “Give Luhan to me and I will let him go.” His voice was deep and he talked threateningly slow. The two men looked at their captured boss who just gently nodded. So they pulled Luhan up from the floor and pushed him to Sehun who now suddenly letting his hostage go threw him at the other two, then lifting up the almost lifeless body he ran out of the building. He had to hurry because he knew that he couldn’t delay them for long but fortunately they didn’t want to continue their rush. When the two ‘gentlemen’ were about to go after them, the third man waved them off.

“Leave it alone. Let him go.” His voice was resigned and he was just staring at the door with empty eyes.

“But what about the command?”

“I will try to explain them, you don’t have to care about it. But this will be significantly harder than we thought…”

 

 

“Luhan… Luhan listen to me. Where does it hurt? Can you hear me? I have to call Yixing. He will help us. Where’s your mobile, till then try to hold on, ok?” Sehun desperately tried to find some signs of life on Luhan two blocks away from Baekhyun’s flat, but the boy just glared in front of himself languidly leaning his back against the wall. The blonde one was afraid that if he doesn’t hold him by his waist, he would fall to the ground but when he started to search for his mobile in his pockets, Luhan gently grabbed his wrist and shook his head. He opened his mouth but no sound came from his throat for a moment.

“I don’t want him to know.”

“What?” Luhan spoke too quietly for Sehun to hear it correctly. But somehow he suspected that the boy’s answer was just the opposite of his plans.

“There’s no need to tell him. I don’t want him to have more problems. And by the way, I’m okay.” His glance didn’t meet Sehun’s, he was just looking at his feet. It was hurting everywhere. He was sure that one of his ribs had broken because it was the source of the pulsating feeling in his body. He was shaking and he almost didn’t know where he was but he didn’t want to disturb his friend. Yixing had enough problems because of them, there was no need to drag him into more.

“Are you okay?!!” Sehun scoffed. “They have just almost beaten you to death and you are saying you are okay? No Luhan. I don’t take it in. So you give me the mobile now or else I will find it and take you by myself to the hospital.” The words were useless. The friendly threat was also. Luhan was still stubborn even in this semi-unconscious condition and he didn’t let the boy. He simply couldn’t. He thought that only this way he could protect Yixing.

“Sehun. Let’s go home.” He whispered almost crying and finally he raised his long eyelashes. And the blonde boy couldn’t do anything else. He saw the medley of begging, fear and tiredness in the dull irises and he was forced to give up. If Luhan needed home the most, then who was he to take it away from him?

“Okay.” He sighed and the other just weekly smiled at him.

“Thank you.” With that Luhan closed his eyes and he surrendered to the demand of his body. His knees buckled, his hands landed beside him and if Sehun hadn’t caught him, he would have fallen to the ground unconsciously.

 

 

After this, finding the money and the mobile in Luhan’s pocket Sehun called a taxi which brought them to the Chinese male’s flat. First the driver measured him suspiciously but when the boy sent a not-too-nice glare towards him, he instantly started to watch only the road.

Initially there was some doubt in Sehun about what he should do. He didn’t know whether he should bring the boy into the hospital in case he had inner bleeding or whether he should really just bring him home. He didn’t know which one would be the best. He was afraid that this way he causes more damage in the other but along with that he didn’t want to break his promise. Luhan was an adult man. He had the right to decide what he wants and he had his own will. He knew the best what was good for him. Maybe. He hoped so.

“I hope I won’t regret it.” Sehun sighed while he laid the still unconscious boy on the bed, now in his own flat. In the end he decided beside it. If the situation gets wrong, he will be more violent.

Cautiously he covered Luhan’s little body with the sheets, then he remembered the meeting with Chanyeol so he took the mobile again which he had previously put back into the other’s pocket, and searched for the number. But at the same time with this he pulled out the paper which Baekhyun left but didn’t put it back. He thought that he would examine it later and maybe they can get closer the solution of the case.

“Hello? Chanyeol? Here’s Sehun.” He closed the bedroom’s door behind him, then while he took an ice cube out of the fridge, he held the phone between his ear and shoulder. “We should call off the today’s date. Something came up…”

“But what? Sehun, it would be important.” Chanyeol was a little demanding but the boy couldn’t do anything. He couldn’t leave Luhan alone in this state, and even if he would wake up until three, he couldn’t drag him to the coffee shop. He needed rest now, not excitement.

“That’s our business. But it’s meaningful enough that we can’t go today. Can’t we meet at two o’clock tomorrow? Then we can talk about everything.” Meanwhile the boy threw himself onto the couch and just held out the ice cube in the air. For some moment he mused on it. The twinkling of the drop rolling down on the side of the cube reminded him to the previous boy’s wistfully sparkling eyes and as it fell onto his uncovered skin and the cold crawled into his body, he started to wonder if the boy felt himself like this when it reached his brain that Sehun didn’t remember him. His heart was aching a little, although he couldn’t exactly tell why and he wished that Chanyeol would stop now. He was fed up with everything today. He also wanted to rest, and despite the fact that it was just one o’clock in the afternoon, he didn’t plan to go anywhere that day.

“Okay. Then tomorrow at two. But if something goes wrong, don’t hesitate to call me!”

“Thanks.”

If something went wrong? Yeah. But does he know Chanyeol? Now not really. So this option didn’t really exist. Maybe if he had a memory of him, then he would know if he really can trust him or not. Because now, that they are hunting them and almost everyone wants to kill them, they couldn’t really rely on anybody. Only the two of them and Yixing were the people that they could truly trust because even the police hadn’t been willing to hear their story. As if everything conspired against them.

At that moment the boy remembered the paper which he had taken out of Luhan’s pocket, so throwing the ice cube into his mouth he took out it to have a closer look. But the shape on the bottom of the note seemed to be familiar. It wasn’t a letter nor an exact shape but he knew that he had seen it somewhere before. And then it came to his mind.

 

 

“By the way, nice tattoo.” Yixing patted his side after demanding to put on his T-shirt because the examination had ended.

“What tatt… Ooooh.” Sehun looked down at himself and his glance stopped at an exact black spot on the left side of him. “How did this get on me?” He pulled the skin upper to get a closer look. He couldn’t really see what it showed.

“It was obviously put on you in your ‘previous life’.” Yixing sighed while he was organising his things. That couldn’t be that this kid was so silly that he didn’t know how a tattoo was made…

“It’s so cool, isn’t it?” Sehun grinned but he didn’t get anything just rolling eyes and a call to dress up because there won’t be enough time for Luhan.

 

 

Sehun instantly stood up from his place and went into the bathroom with the note. He closed the door, then standing in front of the mirror he pulled his shirt up and turning a little he examined the shape on his side. He couldn’t believe his eyes. He lifted up the paper, turned it to the mirror and put it to the tattoo. The two shapes were almost the same, the only difference was that the tattoo was made by a professional while the other was just sketched to the bottom of a creased paper.

“What does it mean?” He frowned. He didn’t know. He didn’t have any clue what the bond was between them but that didn’t help either that he was glaring at himself in the mirror for three more minutes. He tried to find out, he tried to remember but his brain didn’t want to cooperate with him, so he had to give up. Maybe he can find another way to learn more about it if his memories betrayed him.  

Slowly he let down his shirt with a sigh. Just in time. Someone started to knock on the door of the restroom.

“Sehun, are you in there?” Luhan’s hoarse, quiet voice penetrated though the keyhole and Sehun just gulped. His vocal cords betrayed him just like his memories.

“Yeah.” He answered dryly.

“And what are you doing?” He didn’t answer. He couldn’t tell it. Until he knew nothing certain, he couldn’t put this weight on Luhan. He had to rest, sleep and recover.

“What do people do in a bathroom?” He stepped out of the restroom. He seemed to be a little cold, not just his voice but his all being because this was the first time when he didn’t tell something to the other. But fortunately Luhan didn’t see his face. He was doing something in the kitchen still slightly shaking and he took two pills in. Sehun thought they were painkillers so he sat down on the sofa without any doubt. His back was hunched and he clasped his hands in front of himself. This whole thing didn’t let him rest and he became upset due to it.

“Go back to sleep.” Luhan looked up frowning at this, because the situation was new to him. The lost child, the puppy now demanded him to sleep with peremptory voice. And this could mean two things: Sehun’s real self started to appear and this was the real Sehun or he just became nervous because of something.

“Sehun, what’s the matter?” He saw on him that something wasn’t okay. Although he was still a little dull because he has just woken up and he just wanted to ease his pains and to spirit the uncomfortable feeling in his chest away then go back to his room, Sehun’s gloomy face made him stay.

But the boy just pressed his mouth into a tiny line and shook his head. He didn’t want to look up. And the other noticed it too so he slowly took a seat next to him. For a moment he was just staring at him quietly trying to find out what could be in his head. Sehun was full of secrets for him and no matter how hard he tried, he couldn’t break him. He simply wasn’t able to read him. He didn’t have yet or won’t ever have that skill which would allow him to do it but he was always a stubborn person. If he decided something, then he did it, so he cautiously opened his mouth.

“If that bothers you, it’s not your fault, Sehun.” He took the boy’s face between his palms and started to it gently. He thought that it was his problem. He thought that was the reason why the boy was so upset but Sehun just closed his eyes. He shook his head again. Until now it didn’t bother him. But now that Luhan brought it up, it flashed into his mind. He had to suffer because of him. He was the reason. And Luhan didn’t want this. He didn’t want the other to feel guilt, to be disappointed in himself because of him.

“No. They want me, they did this to you because of me. They are doing this to you because of me. And I don’t want them to destroy you.” The statement penetrated Luhan’s heart as a warm arrow. It was painful but he felt happy due to it. Because there was a person who cared about him. He found someone who wanted to protect him, who wanted to take care of him. Someone who wanted to fix him. But sadly it was almost too late for it.

“If something is already ruined, then they can’t destroy it.” He bitterly smiled and just looked at the other’s mouth. He led his trembling index finger along Sehun’s lower lip imagining how it would be to touch it not with just his finger. How it would be to claim it as his own. He leaned in a little. And Sehun didn’t move, even when only just a few centimetres were between their lips. He felt the other’s uncertain breath on his own skin and he wanted it too. But Luhan unexpectedly stopped. “Sorry. I… I don’t know what I was thinking.” Luhan suddenly realised what he was doing and as a startled little bird, he jumped back. He diverted his gaze to the floor while he tried to stand up. His face was burning and he was just scolding himself. Stupid. What is he doing? This is not allowed.

“Hey.” Long fingers embraced his wrist and a few moments later he found himself on the couch again being pulled back. He looked surprised at Sehun whose face was unreadable again. But this wasn’t frightening. Instead, it calmed Luhan down and as the boy gently lifted his hand up, then pressed a soft kiss on the tip of his fingers, he couldn’t do anything else, just musing at the existence of the perfection sitting in front of him.

Sehun’s brown irises searched for his. He didn’t even blink. He just sank into the startled but wonderfully big deer-like-eyes and he drove his lips upper on the other’s arm. He already kissed his hand. Luhan gasped at this. Then above is wrist. And upper. Then he leaned back.

Lu thought it was over. He gulped a little disappointed but staying rigid, he was sitting in front of the boy incredulously when Sehun placing his palm onto his chest pushed him down on the sofa. And he just surrendered to him wordlessly. He was just staring at the man towering over him, he just mused at the sight and who knows for how many times he had been mesmerised by the picture of Sehun running his tongue along his lips. The outside world totally stopped existing for him. He locked out the pulsating feeling which came from his ribs, he locked out the dizziness and the pain. He didn’t hear anything just that his heart started to beat faster and although he didn’t know what this situation was, he hoped. He hoped until the moment when Sehun leaned down. Luhan’s pupils narrowed while his eyes widened but the waited feeling didn’t come. The boy’s face stopped just in front of his, their lips were almost touching. Sehun looked into his eyes for a moment, then suddenly closed them and he just buried his face into Luhan's shoulder while strong arms embraced the little body. Suddenly he felt something wet on his shirt.

Of course. What did he even think? The whole thing was just crazy.

At that moment he understood. He raised his right hand hesitatingly then placed it on the boy’s back while with his other arm his fingers dug into the soft locks. He closed his eyes. He let a lonely tear escape from his eye but he didn’t have the power to cry. His tears had already got lost because he was used to it. Sehun was just an innocent child. Unspoiled and pure. Not like him.

 


 

I didn't really check it for mistakes because I wanted to share it with you guys, so sorry for that. ^-^" Later I will do it. :3 
And yeah, from now on the happenings will be faster, this was the last chpter without much action. Just wait for it. Because HunHan is neaaaar. 

You guys thought that they would finally kiss, huh? Sorryyy, I'm a little evil now. I know, I know. But you can believe me, it's worth for waiting. :')) 

I wanted to tell you a lot of things but now I can't remember what... hmm. Never mind. :'D 

Have a nice day <3