Chapter 6

No past, no future

Neeew character. <3 And the investigation about the accident begins (just in the end ^^") ;) Yaay. <3

 


 

 

“What the is this?!” Yixing’s eyes gloomed frightening when he saw the bandage on Luhan’s hand. It seemed to be fresh. It hadn’t been there the previous day and he was sure that it wasn’t made by a professional doctor. Or that it wasn’t made by a doctor at all. But before Luhan could react somehow, his friend immediately started to blame Sehun. “What did you do to him?! Didn’t I tell you to look after him?!”

“Yixing no.” Luhan was next to them right away when the other grabbed the boy. “It’s not his fault.” He entreated him with small voice but the doctor was unrelenting. His jaw tightened and he almost strangling Sehun gripped his collar. The boy kept the eye-contact. Luhan’s gaze was jumping back and forth between them but suddenly his eyes were glued to the taller male. Sehun’s irises turned into a colour which had never been seen before and his face was threateningly flat. A strange feeling woke up in Luhan and fear filled his brain. Sehun wordlessly raised his right hand, then his fingers embraced the other’s wrist. Yixing looked at him questioningly but he still wasn’t willing to let the boy go despite the fact that the pressure on his hand gradually became stronger and he started to feel burning pain.

“.” He cussed and the pain clearly sat on his face. But Sehun remained terrifying stoic. The little boy, the lost puppy was already lost and the dark gleam in his eyes showed a totally new side of him.

“Sehun, stop!” Luhan shouted at him desperately and the boy looked at him. It was as if he suddenly stepped out from a hypnosis.

“Then tell your friend not to touch me like this anymore.” He said through gritted teeth then let Yixing go and walked into the guestroom. He seemed to be hurt by the happenings.

“That’s why I told you he was dangerous. This is not normal, Luhan.” The doctor shook his head rubbing his hurting wrist. But his friend was just staring at the closed door puzzled.

“It’s you who is not normal.” With that Luhan also went into his room to dress up, leaving Yixing behind who was now totally clueless about his friend’s behaviour.

„Yeah, okay. Take his side… Why not? After all he just almost broke your best friend’s arm!”

 

 

So their morning passed in not the best way and this tension was still there when they were already in the hospital approaching Yixing’s office. At the entrance the secretary greeted them with a kind smile on her face telling the doctor that his surgery that day will start just at two o’clock. He just nodded at this information then quickly led the other two into his office lest someone notice that they weren’t here for just visiting.

“Take a seat.” He ordered pointing at the couch with his head while he was examining the papers on his desk. Luckily none of them was so important and it seemed that he didn’t have anything to do in the next two hours. So he could take care about his company.

Sehun was looking around in the office now not so gloomily but still wordlessly. His notebook was with him again because he wasn’t able to write down everything from the previous day. Meanwhile Luhan deep in his thoughts was glaring at his hand. The message from yesterday was still in his head and he tried to figure out what it could mean. He was a little envious of Sehun because someone clearly missed him but on the other hand he didn’t want to ‘give him back’. At night he could sleep a little better by Sehun’s side than in the previous one hour but the nightmares still haunted him in his sleep and he woke up at least ten times. Fortunately it seemed that the boy had been sleeping deep enough for Luhan not to disturb him with his restlessness. But he still felt himself miserable. Until now sleep was the only thing when he could switch himself off totally, till now it was the only way to escape. But now it got lost with the accident. It seemed that he wouldn’t be able to lie down on his bed calmly anymore and enjoy that great feeling when closing his eyes he sinks into a new world where nothing can hurt him.

His mouth trembled, he clenched his hands into fists but at that moment he felt a sudden touch on his knee. He looked up startled and he found himself looking straight into Sehun’s worried eyes.

“Luhan, Yixing asked how you felt yourself.” He explained slowly but the Chinese male needed some more seconds to understand it. The first thing which popped into his mind was that his friend was right, Sehun really left the honorific. But it didn’t disturb him. He liked it as his name rolled down so softly, so lightly from the other’s tongue. He liked it whenever Sehun spelled it, something warm always twinkled in his eyes. And due to this Luhan’s heart always started to beat faster.

“Han, are you listening?” Now Yixing pulled him out of the staring with a little more aggressive tone of voice. So he slowly raised his languid eyes to him and slowly nodded.

“I’m fine. My leg hurts a little but nothing more.” The doctor was glaring at him with narrowed eyes for a few seconds which made Luhan uneasy. He was about to tell him this when Yixing stopped it in the end.

“Okay. Kid, then we start with you.” He waved and Sehun just scoffed while he stood up. “Luhan, stay here please. Don’t move from here, okay?” He nodded and with that the doctor and Sehun left him in the office alone.

“Hyung…” Sehun spoke when they were finally on the corridor. Yixing didn’t look at him. He wasn’t interested in his say, because he was still mad at him due to the morning case. 

“What?”

“I think something is not okay with him.” His voice was so small that it almost got lost in the empty hallway. He wasn’t terrifying anymore. Now he turned into the lost child which was found at the train two days ago.

“What do you mean?”

“He cries a lot. I mean, did he cried every day before? Because now he does. And not once a day. And I don’t know if it’s normal or not.” Yixing suddenly stopped in his place. Now that he thought about it, Luhan had never cried before in front of anyone. He wasn’t that type of person. He always hid somewhere where he could be alone.

“No. I think no. He always suppressed his feelings. But it can happen that the current situation brought out these hidden emotions, I think that’s why he is like this. You know he is quite a strong person when it comes to things like this. So I will examine him but I think it’s just from the shock. A few days and he will be over it.” He explained calmly but inside he wasn’t so relaxed at all. Luhan’s behaviour was quite odd.

“Okay. And… there’s another thing.” Sehun nervously teased the hem of his shirt and Yixing just crossed his arms in front of his chest. He thought it was over. But no. There were more things which he had to know about the current situation about Luhan. He felt sick.

“Keep going.”

“He cut his fingers on purpose. It wasn’t an accident. I was just sitting there and the next thing I remember is that he tightened his fingers around the glass and I was already late. Is it normal too? Because I think no.” No, it’s really not normal, Yixing thought as he tried to hide his uneasiness. The things which Sehun said were quite worrisome. This wasn’t Luhan. Not at all. And Yixing was afraid that it was just the beginning of Luhan’s fall.

“Not really. I mean, stress can cause such confusion in the brain but it’s far from normal. Thank you for telling me, I will try to find out more. And you should watch him too.”

 

 

Luhan being left alone in the office was just sitting for a while then as he looked around in the room, his gaze stopped at Sehun’s notebook. He gulped. He shouldn’t do this. These were Sehun’s secrets and if he wants to tell some of them, he will do it. So he really shouldn’t do this.

But his other half told him it wasn’t a bad thing. He just wanted to learn more about the boy and it would be easier through his memories. So this wasn’t a sin. And that’s why his hand reached out on its own. Just a glance. Nothing more. He can’t hurt anybody with this.

 

Steps.

 

He immediately pulled his hand back when he heard the clatters. His heartbeat became quicker and he froze in his place but when the noises just simply got louder at the door then gradually faded, he sighed angrily.

“.” With that he let his shoulders down and glanced around sleepily. He decided that he rather leave the notebook alone or else he would jump to the ceiling from every little sound. Instead, he had a better plan. He suspected that Sehun’s examination wouldn’t last just five minutes and it was good to him because he needed some sleep. After the night he was hardly able to keep his eyes open and he felt that he couldn’t last long. Just a short half hour would help him.

“Yixing wouldn’t mind either.” He murmured almost half asleep and he barely put his head down on the couch when he was already sleeping. At least the time will go faster this way.

 

 

Oh my God… Someone help, please… What’s happening?... We don’t need anybody… Are you okay?... You shouldn’t stay alive… I visit my grandson… I can’t move my arm… Run!... Kill her…

 

 

“Stop! Stop it already!” Luhan woke up almost screaming. His hair wet from sweat was stuck to his forehead, his body was trembling and his heart almost jumped out of its place. He sat up. He dug his face into his hands but he couldn’t cry, he closed his eyes so strongly that it almost hurt in vain. He just wanted to sleep. Just a little relax. But the voices, the pictures, the nightmares didn’t let him. As bad ghosts they followed him everywhere and if he closed his eyes just for a moment, they were already there.

Slowly he looked up at the clock. He was able to sleep only fifteen minutes. And he became more tired than previously.

“I would have time…” He whispered but he was too afraid to lie back. He didn’t want to experience those things again. It was enough. He had to stop this madness. And the doctor’s office was a good opportunity for this. “There must be something here.” With that he stood up and looked around in the room.

Only mountains of files and folders were standing in the cupboards in front of him or skulls made of plastic and medical diplomas about Zhang Yixing’s great expertise. But he didn’t need these. He led his glance to the other end of the room and there he was it. That cupboard. The cupboard which was full of boxes of medicines, drops and things like that, which meant the freedom to Luhan. He smiled. He went to the glass door of the cabinet confidently and now only one thing separated him from the relief. An electronic lock.

“When were Yixing born?” He started to think then he started to count in his head. His friend was three years older than him which meant that he was born in 1987. But that would be too easy even for Yixing. Then October 7. In terms of the fact that the doctor loved when something had a beginning and an ending, moreover the number 7 was included twice in his date of birth, then the code must be 8107. 8 from the year, 10 is the month and the 7 is the last number of the year and is the day of his birth.

Luhan instantly typed the combination in and the glass door opened as if nothing had protected it.

“You are too simple, Yixing.” He shook his head and started to search among the medicines. He read everything carefully then took out two types of sleeping pills and an anxiolytic. He thought they would be enough for him.

He looked around. The other two were nowhere near but his eyes stopped at the bottle of water on Yixing’s desk. He quickly locked the cupboard and then reached out for the water. He put the medicines down and examined them one by one. The Xanax wasn’t needed now. Or at least sleeping pills would be more practical now instead of anxiolytics. But which one? In terms of the fact that he wanted to sleep only an hour the short-term one would be better. And it would spare his health too.

“Please act.” He closed his eyes begging while he took a pill out of the box, broke it into two pieces, then put one of them into his mouth and swallowed it down with the water. He put the other half back into its place. He knew that he shouldn’t begin with the long-term one because that would be dangerous.

After this he placed the bottle back to the table and put the three boxes into his bag. He could just hope that Yixing won’t recognise the absence of the medicaments nor the medicines hiding in his bag, because knowing the doctor it’s sure that then Luhan wouldn’t have to worry about just sleeping.

He looked up to the clock again. They left twenty minutes ago. But the examination will surely take some time, he thought, so he went back to the couch and let the tiredness overwhelm his body.

 

 

“Luhan. Luhan, wake up.”

“Hyung, what do you think? What’s with him? He didn’t die, didn’t he… right? Please say he didn’t.”

“Don’t be stupid. His pulse is normal and his breathing is steady. Seeing his face I think he looks like someone who is taking a freaking deep sleep.”

Luhan whining a little started to move in his place and at that moment he felt that someone was holding his hand. But he didn’t have the power to look up yet.

“He is alive. Luhan is alive!” It seemed that Sehun turned into a little child again because he greeted the fact that the other is not dead just is sleeping with such enthusiasm like a kid. His long fingers were desperately clasping Luhan’s hand and he wasn’t willing to release it even for a minute.

“I told you he was alive, you idiot. I’m a doctor, don’t you believe me?” Yixing scolded him and Luhan smiled. He decided that it was the time for him to get up.

“You are so loud.” He groaned while straightening his spine he sat up on the couch. He rubbed his eyes sleepily and Sehun was just watching his every movement with wide eyes crouching in front of the sofa, now leaning on the boy’s knees.

“Hello to you too.” Yixing nodded with crossed arms in front of his chest. He suspiciously examined Luhan. “You know we have been trying to wake you up for five minutes.” He interjected casually and the other bit into his lower lip. His glance jumped up to the clock – today it was the umpteen occasion – and he realised that he was able to sleep a full hour. But he had to find out a good explanation not to seem to be suspicious.

“Really? Wow.” He tried to pretend to be surprised. Meanwhile he unintentionally took Sehun’s hand from his knee into his and he started to gently squeeze it. But Yixing wasn’t willing to leave him alone yet. “Don’t look at me like that. I have been sleeping poorly since the accident and now it was the first time when I was able to relax normally.

“On an uncomfortable sofa?” The doctor raised his eyebrows doubtfully but Luhan just waved him off.

“No. It’s so comfortable, don’t be like this. And you should be happy that your best friend was able to sleep a little after some hard times.” He pouted and yawned at the same time and Sehun watched it mesmerized. Luhan looked so cute with his messy hair, with his sleepy eyes and with this strange expression that he was hardly able to contain his feelings about the other. Instead, he just looked up at Yixing.

“Leave him alone, hyung~.” He asked kindly but before the doctor could yell at him that he didn’t have a say now, Luhan interrupted the war of deadly glances.

“What did you find out during the examination?”

“Just that we have already known. Smaller bruises on the different parts of his body, a little bigger cut on his upper body and a wound on his head but nothing more. And now we can finally state that he has retrograde amnesia but the important parts of his brain aren’t damaged. Possibly a strong hit could cause the memory loss but the test didn’t show lasting damages so there’s a huge chance that his memories will slowly but surely return. As we could experience it.” Meanwhile Yixing sat down to his table to organise his papers and after staring for a moment at the bottle of water, he turned to Luhan.

“Come on, Han. I have a half an hour for you.” He stood up in the end and the other just nodded.

 

 

During Luhan’s control Sehun was writing into his notebook and after they found out that the Chinese man had only a strain in his leg and nothing serious, they said goodbye to Yixing. Unfortunately the doctor didn’t find anything unusual in Luhan’s behaviour and because the analysis didn’t show anything either, he couldn’t do anything just let him go.

“According to Yixing we should visit Baekhyun. It’s sure that he is not working today but his phone is still unreachable and he wasn’t at home yesterday. I don’t know what could happen to him.” Luhan explained approaching the exit of the hospital. He was still a little sleepy so he was just rubbing his eyes. But due to this action his attention wasn’t on the top so he bumped into the third person that day.

“Sorry.” He mumbled not looking at the man. He didn’t want to raise his head high because it seemed that now he crashed into a real giant.

“No prob… Sehun?” But at this he looked up. The giant was staring at them in surprise and he blinked almost in every moment while his chin landed somewhere at his ankle. His eyes widened and the previous dark glance instantly brightened up. “Is it really you? I can’t believe it. I honestly thought that you had died. Man, why didn’t you call me that you are alive? I totally freaked out.” Luhan just blinked a few times tilting his head to the side, while the boy who was even taller than Sehun hugged the other. He just whined at this and glared in front of him puzzled. He gently tried to remove the giant from his body.

“So I guess we know each other.”

“Sehun don’t be such a jerk. In situations like this I’m not capable of your jokes.” The taller one stepped back shaking his head. It seemed that he knew Sehun.

“What? No. I really don’t know… who you are.” He said finally just looking down at the floor and the other boy’s face immediately became flat. Chill ran down Luhan’s spine due to it. Somehow this expression made him more frightening and he wished he would start to smile again.

“You must be joking.” He shook his head and his eyes desperately tried to find some signs on Sehun’s face which would tell him that it was just a joke. But he just closed his eyes. “I’m Chanyeol, don’t you remember? Park Chanyeol, your roommate, your buddy, your classmate… don’t say you can’t remember me! And why don’t you remember at all?” Chanyeol started to shake Sehun by his shoulders as an insane but Luhan stepped in because Sehun wasn’t able to do anything due to the shock that he finally found someone who knew him.

“Stop it. The rest of his memories will get lost this way.” Luhan grabbed the younger one’s hand and pulled him next to himself. Chanyeol just looked down at him with an unpleasant glance.

“And youuu aaare… Who you are?” His voice wasn’t aggressive but that certain light was twinkling in his eyes which seemed to be a threat to Luhan. As if he was just trying to make him understand that he didn’t have the right to interrupt this conversation because he is a little nothing.

“He lives with me now until his memories doesn’t return and until we don’t find out what the hell is happening.” Luhan straightened up signalling that he wasn’t on a lower level than Chanyeol. Okay, maybe with his height yes, he was, but he did worth as much as this giant. He wanted to show him this, he wanted show that he was not a short annoying brat who clung on Sehun as a monkey because he didn’t have anything better to do.

“Why, what the hell is happening?” Chanyeol tilted his head to the right questioningly and when Luhan was about to answer him, he turned to Sehun. “So this mean that you won’t come back?”

“Where?” Sehun was completely dumbfounded. He tried to remember, he tried to find out who that man in front of him was but he just simply couldn’t. There was just a huge black spot in his brain and it was more frightening than not remembering only the face of a person. But now even this wasn’t present. Not a situation, not a sentence, nothing. Just a big emptiness under Chanyeol’s name.

“To the dorm. You know where you originally live.”

“I-I don’t know.” He really didn’t know. Should he really move back to a person who he can’t recognise currently? Should he really leave Luhan? This decision seemed to be just too hard for him.

“Look, you are completely unfamiliar to him. Moreover we need to go now and I think you are not in the hospital just out of hobby. So what if we meet up in the afternoon to talk? And then we could clear everything.” Luhan just protected his territory. Because yes, now it included Sehun as well, and Chanyeol’s face turned into a strange grimace for a moment hearing the little one’s fidgety voice. But as suddenly as it came, his face straightened again and he nodded with a forced smile.

“Okay. I’m free at three.” With that Luhan gave him his phone and he typed in his number. Finally Chanyeol took a glance at Sehun and the smile toward him seemed to be more honest. “Then we meet in the afternoon. Think over if you come home or not.” And he turned around and continued his way in the hallway.

Luhan let out a huge amount of air while Sehun was just hesitantly staring at Chanyeol’s back. Something wasn’t okay. At least he felt like it. It was strange for him that a person that theoretically knew him let him just stay with a foreign person while he didn’t have any memories and had almost died. If Chanyeol was really his friend, then it wasn’t his job to take Sehun with him instantly? Or it’s just Sehun’s own imagine about friendship?

“Did you want to go with him?” Luhan asked raising his big eyes at him. The brown irises twinkled hopefully and Sehun’s heart took such an unhealthy rhythm again that he almost thought he had to go back to Yixing for a new examination. Maybe they didn’t find out that he had a cardiac arrhythmia.

“No. Currently I don’t know who he is.” And I want to stay with you.

“Then let’s go. I’m worried about Baek.” Luhan slightly blushed so he quickly turned around not letting Sehun see his face. He didn’t want to be so obvious. He couldn’t.

 

 

„Baekhyun! Baek, if you are at home, open the door!” The previous warm feeling was already lost when Luhan helplessly hit his friend’s door. He had been doing this for five minutes and although no neighbours came out yet to lynch them because of being so loud, they were possibly close to do it. But no reaction came from the flat. “I can’t believe it.” He ran his fingers through his hair angrily and took a turn around his axis. He started to panic. First the accident and that someone wanted to kill them and now this. That his other best friend just disappeared without any signs.

He wanted to believe that it was just a simple accident but in the current situation nothing was impossible. But still. Why would Baekhyun be related to the fact that Sehun is in a deadly danger?

“Luhan?” Sehun was standing behind him puzzled. He couldn’t do more just watch Luhan knocking on the door desperately and trying to find some signs of that certain Baekhyun. He felt sorry but he was really powerless. He didn’t know him, he had never seen him or if he had, he didn’t remember him. For him Baekhyun was just a name from Luhan’s mouth.

“Not now.” The other yelled at him hysterically then in his final exasperation he punched the door again while with his other hand he pushed the handle down for a moment. And the door opened. “What the ?” He cursed with wide eyes. He hadn’t expected it. No. Until now he had thought that the door is locked. But no. It wasn’t and it could mean two things: Baekhyun is not there and that’s why he hadn’t answered or Baekhyun was there but not in a condition to open the door. And none of these options was good.

“Shouldn’t…” Sehun spoke when he saw that Luhan was still just standing in front of the flat shocked. “Shouldn’t we go in?”

“Hm? Oh, yes, we should. Yeah.” He was nodding a little scatterbrained then slowly stepped into the flat. It didn’t seemed that there would be anybody at home but he had to try. “Baek?”

No response. Luhan cautiously looked into the living room but he didn’t find there anybody. His heart was beating in his throat and he didn’t know what would be better. If he found Baekhyun here or if he didn’t.

“Go into the bathroom, I will examine the bedroom.” He ordered quietly Sehun who understanding his task disappeared in the hallway. Meanwhile Luhan went straight into Baekhyun’s room. He approached the door slowly and carefully, preparing himself to the worst things. Inside he was praying to find an empty room instead of the rotting corpse of his friend. He reached out for the handle with a shaking hand and when he pushed the door in, it opened before him with a creaking sound discovering a literally empty room. Because there was nothing there except the furniture. As if it was a model room of a catalogue which advertised a bed. And there was no sign of Baek.

Luhan let out a big, relieved sigh and ventured further in the room. He didn’t have any clue why the originally messy room looked so tidy now but as he glanced into the wardrobe his eyebrows ran together. Only a few clothes were in there but not in an ordered way rather in a just-throwing-them-into-the-wardrobe one. As if someone had hurriedly pulled out the other clothes under them and left these behind because they were unnecessary. He looked into the other cupboard with quick movements but the situation wasn’t better there too, and then he pulled out the underwear drawer. Only just a few holey socks greeted him.

“What’s with that?” He whispered, then stood up and made his way towards the study room. Meanwhile Sehun came out from the bathroom and in the hallway Luhan almost bumped into him.

“I didn’t find anything. And I mean really. The cupboards are all empty and there’s nothing there.” He explained but the other just waved him off and continued his way. But the situation wasn’t better in the study room either.

Pencils, pens were lying scattered on the table, papers were fell down on the floor, the laptop had disappeared and the drawers were staring at Luhan pulled out, empty. He was standing there shocked. He didn’t understand anything and Sehun was even more clueless than him. He could only know that Luhan’s friend had disappeared and he was running up and down in his flat violently. Then he noticed something.

“Luhan, the table.” As soon as he said it, the Chinese male’s eyes immediately slid there. A folded paper was lying on the top of the heap of papers with the name of Luhan written down with huge letters. As if he was afraid of it, he approached the letter and he almost didn’t dare to reach out for it and open it.

 

I ask you to take care of yourself! Don’t look for me, I’m just trying to help you.

 

Baekhyun

 

That was his writing. Luhan could recognise it at any time because only he was able to write the end of the letter ‘n’ this way. But his eyes were still glued to the bottom of the paper where a strange figure was drawn up with fast movements. He didn’t know what it was but before he could examine it from closer, someone knocked on the front door.

“Look, who is here…”

 


 

I don't promise that there will be another update in this month but I will try it and after 6th May I will be free. Really. ^-^ Because my last final exam will be then (okay not the oral part but that's the easier thing so that doesn't count).

I hope you liked the chapter and in the next ones there will be more actions, more mystery will be uncovered from their past, oh and don't forget: our HunHan will get closer and closer to each other. ;) Just wait for it! :D 

And I decided that I will try to make you smile in the end of each chapter from now on, so now I show you my beautiful editing from Tumblr. (Those mascots... Have you seen them? *-* OMG) And the new album just... aww. Okay, I stopped it. :3

 

1_zps3zz46ouo.png   2_zpsphukz5il.png   3_zpsq0sxksvk.png