Chapter 5

No past, no future

Soorry, this is a shorter chapter but I wanted to update for you because I didn't do it last week. 
Originally it would be together with the next chapter but I only had time to write this part. :(

Sorry again~
 

 


 

 

Give him back.

 

The messy writing gave Sehun a strange feeling. He was just holding the little note in his hands uncomprehendingly while Luhan was glancing at him then at the paper with an emotionless expression. His eyes were dark and that little twinkle which sometimes showed up in the brown irises through the day disappeared too. Sehun had put a blanket on his back and slowly calming down he sank into this blank state. At least he didn’t panic.

When someone broke the window Luhan just opened his mouth to answer Sehun after a little hesitation but the clattering noise messed up everything. He totally freaked out fearing that the previous person who had followed them just signalled with this that he came for them. That he was in the staircase. The whole scene showed up in front of Luhan’s eyes and he was almost thinking about how they would kill them. Will that be slow? Or do they fast shoot them down and throwing their corpses to a midden they leave them to the stray animals? The second one sounded better. Of course, the dead couldn’t be pleasing, not at all, but that was even better than being tortured then killed by slowly cutting their throat.

Meanwhile Sehun didn’t know what to do. Should he calm Luhan down who was once screaming, once laughing hysterically or should he go to the window and examine the white paper tied to the stone? In the end he did both. First he ran to the broken glass, picked up the note and as he glanced out of the window he looked straight into the eyes of their follower. The figure standing down there couldn’t be much older than him and as he noticed that Sehun was staring at him he opened his mouth, but then closed it. He was keeping the eye contact for some seconds, then he dug his hands into his pockets and slowly walked away. As if nothing had happened. As if he hadn’t followed two people then had thrown the window with a freaking stone.

Something moved in Sehun. He was watching the person leaving the place vacantly, but Luhan’s another attack disturbed his few moments of meditation. Slowly he tore his glance away from the place where the boy had stood a while ago, then walked closer to the sofa and pulled the other one into his lap because he was sobbing now.

“There’s no problem, Luhan. He left. They won’t come up here, this is just a message.” He said although he didn’t know what was on the paper. He hadn’t been able to see it yet because first he had to quiet Luhan a little. We can say it was successful because he didn’t cry anymore but instead, he changed his condition. As if he couldn’t decide whether he should laugh because this situation was so absurd, whether he should be strong because then he can cope with it or whether he should cry till no more tears could come from his eyes.

“Message? What is this, we became pen friends? I hope there’s a heart in the end or I won’t answer them.” Sehun quietly chuckled although Luhan’s sarcasm and the situation wasn’t comic at all. “What are you laughing at, idiot? These bastards will kill us, this is just the . We will ing die.” The boy recoiled a little from this tone but he started to get used to the fact that when Luhan panics or is nervous, he always swears and is an with everybody. They had known each other just for a day but they had got into so much danger in which a normal person doesn’t get in his whole life. So he didn’t take it as an offense. Instead, he just pulled away, covered the other with the blanket and gently his face comforting him.

And that’s how they ended up like this. Sehun tried to analyse the message and Luhan was just staring blankly in front of himself. The things just slowly got into his brain. He only knew that somebody demanded Sehun back. As if he was a work of art which Luhan stole from a museum shamelessly. Or to be exact they didn’t know if it was about Sehun but there was a huge chance. There weren’t any other people near them and nobody would want to demand Luhan back. He wouldn’t be need by anybody.

“Sorry.” He mumbled looking down. He felt to say it out. He knew that he had been mean to the boy while he had just wanted to help but besides, he still thought that he had been the one who had just brought the other with himself. So this was all of his fault.

“Huh?” Sehun was too lost in those three words so he couldn’t hear Luhan. He tried to find out who that person was. His brother? But he didn’t take after him, moreover he didn’t seem to be so much older than Sehun was himself. Then maybe just a friend? That could be but the third option was flashing into his mind threateningly. What if this is a trap? Or if this is a hidden message? If they want to tell them this way that Sehun shouldn’t be alive. Because under these conditions it could also be an option but something else refuted this theory. Because the writing was painfully familiar to Sehun. He knew that he had already seen it somewhere, not only once, but he couldn’t call it to his mind where it was. But if he was able to find out, then they would be closer to the solution of this case.

“I just said that I was sorry. Everything.” With that Luhan stood up and walked to the broken window. Sehun didn’t dare to talk. He was watching wordlessly what the other was doing. He knew that he shouldn’t disturb him now, he just had to leave him alone. He could easily find out from the things so far that Luhan could hardly bear the dangerous situations and the accident just weakened this kind of tolerance of his. The boy was afraid that he was almost on the edge of breaking down and that didn’t help either that Sehun didn’t know what happened to him in the past. What could cause that Luhan verged on the depression.

“I have to call a glazier.” The Chinese male sighed while crouched down to the pieces. The boy tilted his head to the side. He didn’t like something in the other’s slow, erratic movements. Something wasn’t good but he didn’t move. Nothing abnormal happened yet. “Those bastards could respect at least this.” He pressed is mouth into a tiny line and Sehun noticed just then that he was holding a piece of glass in his hand. His eyes widened but by that time, Luhan had already buried the object into his palm and gradually closed his fingers around it.

“Luhan!” The boy instantly jumped up from his seat. Loud sobbing fulfilled the room again and by the time Sehun arrived there, the other was sitting among the glass rocking back and forth. He was still holding the piece in his right hand and was staring in front of himself vacantly. “You hurt yourself!” He shouted at him then holding him under his arms, he pulled him up from the glass. Due to this the sharp object fell out from Luhan’s hand and he just let himself be carried as a piece of cloth. Blood was flowing from his right hand turning the miserable remains of the window into red and his head fell into Sehun’s chest weakly. It was too much for him. He couldn’t stand it. The painful feeling in his arm was nothing compared to the feeling inside his heart and head and he almost didn’t realise how deep the splinter had got into his flesh. But he had had to distract himself somehow from the confusion storming in his head.

“Let’s find a bandage for you.” Luhan mumbled something into his T-shirt. His hand was still hanging powerless next to him colouring the floor and the rug but he couldn’t care less. Nothing could interest him.

“What?”

“T…There’s nothing. Here.” The words were strange on his tongue and he formed the sounds inarticulately. He didn’t have power to speak. He didn’t have power to live. And this was the most absurd thing in it. A person who is afraid of the dead is too tired to live.

“Then we call a taxi and go home. There’s nobody in front of the house anyomre and we have to supply the wound.” Sehun’s standoffish tone didn’t totally reached Luhan but he could catch that he was in trouble. Or to be exact he caused trouble. Again. And due to it he pressed his face into the boy’s chest with more pressure.

 

 

After an hour and a half they were silently sitting on the sofa of Luhan’s flat. Fortunately Sehun remembered how to supply a wound like this so they didn’t have to call Yixing. He didn’t want to disturb him. Partly, it was enough of the teasing that day and on the other hand that poor thing was involved so much into the things so far, he shouldn’t be called for every little thing. He needed a relaxation too, plus the other day they will go to the hospital together. Then he can look at the wound, till then the disinfection and the gauze are enough.

“Don’t do that anymore.” Sehun broke the silence. His voice was quiet and broken. It was also a misery for him to see Luhan’s behaviour and he could almost feel the physical pain with him. It was strange. He was the younger one of the two of them – moreover with four years – but he didn’t do anything in the last days just took care about the other. As if the roles had changed. It’s not like that he didn’t like this because it was all about Luhan and he would always have taken care about him but the real case was that he wasn’t mature enough for this. Moreover, he wasn’t mature at all but next to the Chinese male he had to grow up. He had to realise that the other’s psychical problems weren’t those kind of things which he could simply handle. He needed Yixing’s help in it. But not today…

Luhan slowly nodded at Sehun’s reprimand and he was playing with the edge if his bandage. The white gauze didn’t really differ from his skin. Both of them was so pale but the red colour penetrated through the layer of bandages. Due to it the male felt worse.

“Luhan.”

“Hm?” He raised his baggy eyes languidly at the blonde, who slowly leaned over and gently caressed his hand flashing a reassuring smile at him. He wanted Luhan to know that he didn’t have to brood on the happenings. He wasn’t angry. He was just so terrified.

“Go to sleep.” Although it was just five o’clock, he thought that the other needed some sleep. He saw in his eyes how tired he was despite the fact that he had slept three hours in the afternoon. But that wasn’t a relaxing sleep and there weren’t any sing of freshness. The nightmares continuously returned so it was like as if he hadn’t slept any, moreover, he had stayed up till three in the morning the next day after getting up six in the previous one.

“Will you be okay?” Worry twinkled in Luhan’s eyes and this made the feeling stronger in Sehun to embrace the other then and there and won’t let him go anymore. The temptation was really huge and it was almost unbelievable that after so short relation how this almost strange person could make him feel that way. But he couldn’t help it. Luhan’s every part seemed to be so beautifully fragile and his eyes as the ones of a startled deer stared back at him. A deer’s which is afraid of people but after some caring it becomes tame. And Sehun wanted to take care of him, like he wanted to save the boy from the bad. But from the two of them Luhan was the one who need more care.

“Of course. You can sleep.” The other nodded again the slowly stood up and went to his bedroom.

“Good night.” He turned back with a smile on his face and Sehun’s internal organs twisted due to it. This expression suited to him better than the cloudy, dark glance.

After it Sehun leaned back in his place but almost immediately stood up because a sharp pain slit into his head. Quietly whimpering he reached to his wound while he staggered out to the kitchen. He shouldn’t have move so much today. It would have been better to relax a little more because it seemed that he had really strained himself. And it wasn’t so good for his injury.

Fortunately the painkillers were clearly visible in one of the drawers so Sehun quickly took one pill then opened the fridge for some cold mineral water. And then his eyes darted to the ice cube tray. Led by a sudden idea he took a cube out and put it down to the counter while he took the painkiller in. Suddenly he felt a strong urge to do it so he sat back on the sofa with the piece of ice in his hand. He didn’t care that it started to melt from the warm air, he just started to play with it then put it into his mouth. New memories flashed into his mind as he was begging his mother for some ice cube because then he had wanted to do this too. Besides, he thought that the cold can distract him from the pain in his head. And really. The shivering feeling ran down in his body, crawled up into his mind and he didn’t care at all that he got Goosebumps. The pain softened and that was the main thing but after half an hour he managed to fall asleep in the guestroom – which he got with Yixing’s leaving – in vain, because something disturbed his sleep.

“Sehun, are you awake?” The quiet sound came from the way of the door and the boy glanced sleepily at the dark figure. He felt that he couldn’t sleep more than half an hour.

“Thanks to you.. yeah.” He murmured grudgingly but then he heard the person’s sniffs and his eyes immediately widened and he sat up in his place so sober as if he hadn’t been sleeping. “What happened?” He asked worried, and climbed out from the bed. Luhan stood on the doorstep wrapped into a blanket, trembling and judging from the sounds he was crying again.

“Sehun… I can’t sleep. It’s in my head. Everything. The people, the pictures, the sounds. They don’t leave me alone. But I want to sleep.” He cried softly and Sehun went there to hug him. He leaned his chin on the top of the other’s head and although his headache started to return, he didn’t care about it. He was softly caressing Luhan’s hair, then carefully took his hand and led him to the bed.

“Come, I know a lullaby. That will help.” He settled down on the bed and the other following his every movements came to him and as if he didn’t want to lose any minutes, immediately cuddled up to the slim boy. “I’m here, calm down.” Sehun whispered, then thought back to the lullaby.   

 

 

“Mom, I can’t sleep. I’m afraid.”
“But you don’t have to. Mom is here and nothing can hurt you in the dark.”
“But there’s something under my bed. I know it! It told that I’m a bad child and that it would eat me if I don’t share my sweets with my hyung.”
“Oh… That stupid kid. Don’t listen to it, Sehun, I’m sure it’s just your brother who is joking with you. I will catch him tomorrow for this.”
“But I’m still afraid, mom.”
“Oh my little poor one. Then come with me, I will sing a lullaby. When I learnt Chinese in the school this was the first song which I could sing.”

 

 

The moon is bright, the wind is quiet,
The tree leaves hang over the window,
My little baby…

 

But Sehun couldn’t finish it, because Luhan hearing the familiar melody instantly closed his eyes and feeling the warmth of the boy, listening to his soft singing he fell asleep so soon that the song hadn’t reached its half yet. Sehun just smiled at it and slowly he closed his eyes too. His head hurt. But he didn’t stop the other’s back till he dropped off too.

 

 

As if someone is knocking on the door. This was Sehun’s first thought in the morning but his attention immediately diverted to something else, as someone started to move next to him pressing himself more into the boy’s body. He was too lazy to open his eyes but as he took a deep breath from the fresh air of the morning, he didn’t have to guess what that warm feeling could be snuggled to his chest. Only one person smelled like this. Only one person’s embrace radiated a feeling like this.

“. What’s the next, I will walk on you making out half ?” Yixing’s shocked voice filled the silent, morning room and Sehun reacted to this wakening with a groan. He just pressed himself closer to Luhan and tightened his embrace around his small frame.

“Luhan, I think they came to you.” He mumbled but he still wasn’t willing to move away from the other. He loved feeling him this close. He loved touching him. So much that it almost hurt.

“What’s with the ‘Luhan’?! Where’s the hyung? Where’s the respect? What’s going on, seriously!” Meanwhile Luhan was awake because he hadn’t been fast asleep but he also wasn’t willing to answer his friend. The lecture in the morning annoyed him too. He didn’t want to wake up to this and he hadn’t given the keys to Yixing for his flat to do this. Maybe he will ask them back. “Please explain me why you are in the same bed as this kid who could just kill you in your sleep.” Yes, he will definitely ask them back…

 


 

Soo that was it. In the next chapter I will introduce a new character but sadly I don't know when I will be able to update again. I try to keep the two weeks but I can't pormise anything because my final exams are coming and I have to write them good to get into a good university. TT-TT

It's so unfair, I want to write instead. But now I have to learn. :(( This will last till June but then I will be able to update more freqently than just in every second or third week. Please forgive me. :$

 

Love you~ <3