Chap 7: First Kiss

The Fault

There was a loud banging on Jungkook's bedroom door, interrupting his tears. He went to his bedroom door.

"Yes?" He asked.

"A boy named Jimin is here to see you. Do you know him?" Jungkook's father said from the other side.

Jungkook quickly wiped his tears.

"Yeah. He's my best friend. Tell him to come up." Jugkook said. He heard footsteps fade then new ones appear just seconds later.

"Open the door, Jungkook! Hurry!" Jimin demanded, out of breath. 

Jungkook didn't want Jimin to see his red eyes because he'd question it nonstop.

"Just tell me." Jungkook said. 

The other side fell silent for a moment as Jimin gathered his words.

"Jungkook. Promise me you won't fall apart." Jimin said.

"I promise." Jungkook said, now worried about Jimin's seriousness.

Jimin's voice came out shakily.

"Your dad. Well, your adoptive dad. He fell out the tractor this morning."

Jungkook's heart dropped.

"And Yoongi rushed him to the hospital. But he didn't make it"

Jungkook bit his lips and shrunk onto the floor.

"I'm so sorry." Jimin said breathily.

Jungkook tried his best not to cry and smiled instead, thanking his father and telling him he was "the best dad anyone could ask for."

"Jungkook?" Jimin called but Jungkook couldn't find his voice. "Just know that we all tried and your father was the best man I've ever met. See you tomorrow at school. Bye."

Jungkook heard the footsteps fade, leaving him alone again to break down.

Jungkook bawled into his knees and sat up against the door.

Is Yoongi Hyung okay?

 

Shannon and Taehyung was taking a walk outside when Jimin ran past them in tears.

Shannon has never seen Jimin seriously cry before.

She noticed Jimin was coming from the mansion and knew something was up. So she started to Jungkook's bedroom.

"Shannie! Where are you going?!" Taehyung called out after her, but she didn't stop. Taehyung ended up following her until they reached Jungkook's room.

Shannon knocked on the door.

"Jungkook? It's Shannon. Are you alright?" Shannon asked.

"Please. Don't." Jungkook mumbled, rubbing his face with his palms. "Don't worry about me." Jungkook said, just loud enough so Shannon could hear.

"Open the door. I don't trust those words." Shannon said as she attempted to open the door.

Jungkook reached up and locked the door.

"Let me try." Taehyung said, taking the door knob. "He locked it." Taehyung pointed out, shaking the knob. "What's up with him? Yah, Henry! Open the door!" Taehyung demanded, pounding on the door.

The door opened and Jungkook stood there smiling the brightest smile Shannon's ever seen.

"I told you. Don't worry about me. I'm fine." Jungkook said in a high, cute voice.

Taehyung smiled back.

"Hey, look Shannie. He's so adorable. And he looks okay to be." Taehyung said, getting smacked by Shannon.

"Stop. You can't say he's adorable. He's older than you." Shannon said. Taehyung smiled and scratched the back of his head.

"Sorry." Taehyung said. Shannon turned her attention to Jungkook.

"Why was Jimin crying?" Shannon asked.

"Oh. I locked him out because he was talking nonsense and I had a really bad headache." Jungkook lied.

Shannon made a duck-face, wondering why Jimin would cry over that but was interrupted by Taehyung.

"Okay. Let's go back outside and finish our walk." Taehyung said as he put an arm around Shannon. Jungkook saw his father and averted his eyes when he heard.

"I got him." 

Jungkook looked up and saw Taehyung give him an apologetic smile before dragging Jungkook's father off with them.

Jungkook's father peered over at Jungkook but continued walking alongside Taehyung and Shannon.

Jungkook watched them walk further and further away, his smile fading with each step.

"Thank you." Jungkook breathed, before shutting his door.

 

It was almost ten at night and Shannon was asleep when tapping came from her wall.

..

._..

..

.

_..

 

 

Morning came and Jungkook prepared for school, as did Shannon.

Jungkook met Shannon downstairs.

"Where's Taehyung?" Jungkook asked, peering around the room.

"The Kims left already." Shannon said as she slipped on her shoes.

Jungkook fixed his tie.

"Already? I miss Taehyung. He's very cute." Jungkook said with a sweet smile. Shannon scoffed.

"You two are weirdos, calling each other cute and adorable. Did you ever notice you two were both boys?" Shannon said, standing up and heading to the front door.

"So? Girls call each other cute too." Jungkook pointed out as he followed Shannon out to the limo.

Shannon scoffed again but Jungkook caught her smile, making him smile as well.

Jungkook was about to get in after Shannon but felt a hand on his shoulder.

"You're taking a different limo." Jungkook's dad said, shutting the door and telling the driver to go.

Shannon frowned as they left.

"Is Ju-Henry coming?" Shannon asked the driver.

"Yes, Ma'am. Sir Henry is merely taking a different limo to school." The driver responded. Shannon sat back and nodded.

 

Jungkook walked into class to find Hoseok jumping on Jimin.

"Jungkook~!" Jimin called, smiling widely. Then everyone started running over to Jungkook and hugging him. 

Jimin tried pushing them out of the way.

"Yah-yah! Jungkook is mine!" Jimin shouted.

Jungkook chuckled and noticed that he had missed his classmates.

"YAH! Desks now!" 

They heard the loud, booming voice of their teacher behind Jungkook. They all rushed to their desks and sat down.

Jungkook peered over at Shannon but Shannon ignored him and pretended like they didn't know each other well.

"Listen up, class! We have a new student today! He's back from living in America so let's give him a warm welcome and remind him Korea is still a nice place to live! Come on in!" The teacher said.

Everyone's eyes were glued to the front as Jungkook looked up. His eyes widened.

"Hey, guys! My name is Kim Taehyung! Please take care of me~!" Taehyung said cutely, making all the girls' hearts skip and all the guys pout.

"Aish~Teach, he's too good looking~. Kick him out~." Hoseok begged jokingly. 

Jungkook looked over at Shannon, who was already face-palming herself.

"Say something in english!" Namjoon shouted.

"Hey, guys. It's nice to met you! I really hope we all get along so I won't want to return to America~!" Taehyung said cutely in english, making the class awed.

"Isn't he great?" Hoseok said to Jimin. Jimin grumbled and turned to Jungkook, who smiled back, making Jimin smile too.

"Alright. That's enough. You're making too many friends already, just go take a seat." The teacher said.

"Yes, Teach~."Taehyung bowed before walking to the back of the room. "Hey, Shannie~!" Taehyung waved to Shannon and hugged her before sitting right behind her. Half the girls groaned and complained about their new crush.

 

It's lunch time and Shannon was trying to escape Taehyung when she was pulled back by the wrist.

"Shannon, wait." 

Shannon turned and meet her brother's face.

"What?" She asked.

"Do you already have plans?" Jungkook asked, hoping she would say-

"No." Shannon replied. "Why?" She asked. Jungkook smiled softly and pulled Shannon behind him.

"Let's go somewhere." Jungkook said. "Just you and me."

Shannon's heart began picking up speed again.

"W-where?" Shannon ended up asking. Jungkook smirked and ran up the stairs.

They went up and up until they came out on the school's rooftop.

"Right here." Jungkook said, turning to Shannon.

The breeze blew against Shannon's hair, making Jungkook's breath catch.

The breeze blew against Jungkook's bangs, making Shannon's breath hitch.

Jungkook blinked and tore his eyes off Shannon as he began walking to the edge of the building.

"Come on. You can see the whole school from here." Jungkook said.

Shannon followed and stood beside Jungkook.

It was starting to get chilly so she hugged her arms.

Jungkook noticed Shannon was cold so he took off his overshirt and wrapped it around Shannon's shoulders.

Shannon turned red and nodded, avoiding eye-contact with Jungkook.

"Shannon. This might sound crazy but..." Jungkook started, catching Shannon's attention. Jungkook bent down to Shannon's eye-level.

"I think I like you too much." Then he leaned in and kissed Shannon for the first time.