Chap 4: Found

The Fault

Jungkook had gotten up at four am sharp to help his father and brother at the farm.

Jungkook was in the barn stacking hay when his father came in.

"Hey, Dad. Is this all for today?" Jungkook asked, wiping sweat off his face. Jungkook 's father nodded solemnly and patted Jungkook on the back.

"Jungkook-ah. You've been a better son than I could ever asked for but..." Jungkook's father made eye contact with Jungkook. "They found your real parents." 

Jungkook's face darkened a little but he tried to keep happy so he managed a faded smile.

"So does that mean that I'm-that I'm leaving?" Jungkook asked, stammering a little. His father sighed heavily with a nod.

"Yes." 

"Pops." Yoongi said from the doorway. "Did you tell him?" He asked. His father nodded as Yoongi stepped up to Jungkook and hugged him tightly. "Don't be a rebel and listen to your new parents, alright? Pops and I can only keep you for tonight then you'll be gone tomorrow. Let me cook for you one more time, Baby." Yoongi said.

Jungkook nodded and returned the hug as Yoongi's father wrapped his arms around his two boys.

"Visit us often."

 

Shannon had just finished cleaning her room for the second time when her mother called up to her.

"Honey! Hurry on down to the living room! Your father and I have very important news!" 

"Coming!" Shannon shouted back as she checked her room one more time. Once she was satisfied, she went downstairs into the living room.

"Yeah?" Shannon said as she took a seat across from her parents. Her mother sat forward excitedly.

"We found him!" Shannon's mother nearly squealed with glee as she clapped. 

Shannon's eyes went wide.

Her mother had always spoken of her having an older brother but she never thought they would find him.

"They called in after all these years and said they had found a matching description of Henry! The file was lost in all their papers but they found it!" Shannon's mother exclaimed excitedly. Shannon's father nodded his head with a wide smile.

"Okay-"

"He's coming home first thing tomorrow!" Shannon's mother said, cutting Shannon off. Shannon nodded.

Having a sibling couldn't hurt. A lot of people at her school had siblings.

"Okay. I'll show him around when he arrives." Shannon offered, wanting to make sure they had a good start.

"Oh! What a great sister he has! Now don't you have to return those big books to the library, Honey?" Shannon's mother asked. 

Shannon nodded and excused herself as she started back to her room. She grabbed her two books then started to the library.

 

Jungkook was supposed to meet Jimin in front of the library but Jungkook couldn't find Jimin anywhere. He had been there waiting for a good ten minutes when Shannon showed up.

"Hey, Shannon." Jungkook greeted as Shannon neared. Shannon nodded her head before walking into the library. Jungkook followed because Shannon gave the idea that Jimin could have been in the library already.

Jungkook scanned the whole place for Jimin but had no luck so he decided to follow Shannon around. 

"Are you here to read? Or are you doing something else?" Jungkook asked. Shannon sighed.

"Well this is a library so I'm going to read." Shannon said as if it was obvious. Jungkook nodded with a smile as Shannon took a seat with a new book in her hand. Jungkook took a seat beside her.

"You like reading a lot, don't you." Jungkook said. Shannon nodded and opened the book to read the introduction.

"Do you come here often?" Jungkook asked. Shannon nodded. "Will you be here tomorrow?" Jungkook asked. Shannon huffed and shut her book before nearly glaring at Jungkook.

"No. I will not be here tomorrow and it's not really your business, okay?" She said, before going back to the book.

"Well...I just didn't want you to be alone here tomorrow. Cause I won't be here. I have to move in with my biological parents." Jungkook pointed out. Shannon felt a little shock from her chest but then she told herself it was impossible.

"Okay. I won't be here so you don't have to worry." Shannon said as she closed her book and stood. Shannon went to the counter and checked her book out then left without another word.

Jungkook followed a few steps behind her just to make sure she got home fine in the dark.

Shannon came to a halt and without turning, she said,

"Stop following me." 

Jungkook continued walking until he was up to Shannon's shoulder then stopped.

"I'm not following you. I'm just making sure you make it home safely." Jungkook said truthfully. Shannon glanced at Jungkook's muscles then back up to his dark eyes.

"I'll make it safely." Shannon said, unable to find any other excuse. Jungkook nodded and watched as Shannon continued walking with her nose in the book. Shannon stepped off the sidewalk.

"Shannon!!" 

Shannon looked up just in time to see a truck skim her heair as she was pulled back.

"Pay attention!" Jungkook said sternly as Shannon lie in his arms. "You could have been hurt." He said a little softer this time.

Shannon shut her eyes tightly and her heart raced.

This was the exact position Shannon had imagined them in last night when her mother told her the Kims were visiting.

"Yah. Are you okay? You're red-"

Shannon pushed away from Jungkook and fixed her hair before hurrying off, hugging her book tightly.

"Bye, Shannon! See you at school monday!" Jungkook waved. Then he sighed and decided to head home and spend his last night with his father and Yoongi as a family. 

 

Before Yoongi and his father put Jungkook to bed, they told him where all his luggage was for when he awoke in the morning because they would have gone to the farm by then. Jungkook took in all the information before the lights went out and Yoongi's stifled cried could be heard. Yoongi's father didn't cry because he knew this day was coming.

 

Shannon was on her bed reading the new book from the library after her shower when she heard something hit her window. She frowned in thought of what it could be when she started to her window. She opened it and peeked outside to see nothing but white. 

The white bumped into her and made her stumble back but it also caught her with one strong grip.

"Miss me, Shannie?" The voice asked. The voice was a little deep for normal guy and husky.

Shannon looked up-up-up until she was met with a handsome, smiling face.

"Taehyung!?" Shannon said in shock. 

People really DO change.

"You're so pretty." Taehyung complimented-something he always said to her-before ruffling her hair.

"W-What are you doing here already? It's tomorrow-" 

"Do you have hot chocolate?" Taehyung asked, interrupting her.

"I-"

"Oh! I know this book!" Taehyung said, noticing the book on her bed. He picked it up. "Yeah. I think there's a part where the guy hugs the beautiful girl like this." Taehyung said, wrapping his arms around Shannon's waist. Shannon groaned and smacked Taehyung's hands.

"Stop being an idiot. The book's called 'Beautiful Poster', not Taehyung's Desperate." Shannon said, pushing Taehyung away.

"Okay, fine. But my version's better." Taehyung said as he started back to the window. "See you tomorrow." He said with a wink-killing Shannon-before disappearing down the thick vines he had climbed earlier.

"Don't come! I don't want to see you~! Ever again~!" Shannon called after him as she shut her bedroom window. She huffed again and waited for her annoying heart beat to slow. 

Shannon hated how she was so weak against guys.

That's why she'll never let one stand in her way of success and happiness.