Chap 6: The Wall Between Us

The Fault

"Shouldn't you get to bed? It's late and your parents are probably wondering where you are." Shannon said after Taehyung finished his drink.

"I don't wanna." Taehyung complained. Shannon pushed Taehyung out of her room. "Shannie~"

"Shut up. I'm tired-"

"Then you should have just said so." Taehyung held the door open and leaned against the wall, putting on his smize. "I don't mind sleeping with you."

Shannon turned red and smacked Taehyung.

"Don't even. Night." Shannon growled, before slamming the door shut and jumping on her bed. She screamed into her pillow and pounded her bedsheets. "Stupid jerk." She grumbled as she heard a faint knocking on her wall.

Shannon sat up with a frown on her face and knocked back twice.

..

Two knocks

Shannon scooted closer to her wall and put an ear to it.

The room beside hers is Jungkook's now.

Is Jungkook knocking?

Shannon prepared her knuckle and knocked again.

...

Three knocks

She was answered with a whole sentence.

..

._..

..

_._

.

_._ _

_ _ _

.._

Shannon frowned and decided to knock one more time before going to bed.

.....

Five times

She was again answered with,

..

._ _ _ _.

_ _

...

_ _ _

._.

._.

_._ _

Then it went silent and Shannon waited.

It seemed like hours before she breathed again. She switched her lamp off then fell asleep, not hearing the rest of Jungkook's whispered taps.

..

._ _ _ _.

_ _

_

....

.

.._.

._

.._

._..

_

 

 

 

The next morning, Shannon awoke to Jungkook's presence.

"Finally awake?" Jungkook asked as he stood holding Shannon's curtains open, letting in all the morning sun.

Shannon groaned as she pulled the covers over her face.

"Go away." She grumbled.

Jungkook chuckled and jumped on the corner of Shannon's bed, making Shannon's small body bounce.

"Jungkook~"

"Hurry and get dressed, little sister. We have to meet our parents downstairs." Jungkook said, catching Shannon off-guard.

Little sister?

Shannon felt like she was about to hurl when she felt weight on her bicep.

"C'mon~" Jungkook said softly, shaking her by the arm. Shannon tugged her arm away and rolled to the other side of her bed.

Jungkook scoffed and stood, walking over to Shannon's drawer.

"Okay. I'll get you an outfit-"

"No!" Shannon nearly screamed as she sprung out of her bed. "Don't touch my stuff." She said sternly. Jungkook nodded with a smile he had probably had on since he entered the room.

"Good. You're awake. Get dressed and I'll see you downstairs, little sis-"

"Don't call me that." Shannon demanded, making Jungkook halt.

"The truth hurts, doesn't it?" Jungkook muttered, before shutting the door behind him.

Shannon stared at the door.

He sounded so sad. But he was smiling, wasn't he? He's probably just a little tired cause I am too.

As Shannon got dressed in a cute, petite dress,which she never wore to school, she glanced at her wall and had flashbacks about last night. She wanted to ask Jungkook about it but she had forgotten.

She quickly brushed and put on light make-up before making it downstairs, only to grow red in anger.

"Hey, Shannie."

Shannon groaned as she approached her childhood friend.

"Where's Jungkook? He lied to me." Shannon said angrily. Taehyung threw his arm around Shannon's shoulders and snuggled her.

"Who's Jungkook?" Taehyung asked. Shannon inner-facepalmed herself.

"I meant Henry." She clearified. Taehyung's eyes brightened again.

"Henry? He went out with parents a second ago." Taehyung said, before leaning into Shannon's ear. "They want to arrange someone with him before he gets a girlfriend. But I feel bad for him. He just lost his girlfriend."

Shannon frowned and looked at the ground.

"I mean that . Henry's such a good guy." Taehyung sighed. "Oh! That reminds me. I brought you something from America. I think you'll like it~" Taehyung said cutely as he took his arm off Shannon.

Taehyung stuck his tongue out in a bonny way, making Shannon stare at the ground.

"And...Ta dah!" Taehyung said as he swung a pink bookmark out in front of Shannon. Shannon looked up then within milliseconds, her eyes went red and watery.

Taehyung's eyes went big and he held Shannon's shoulders.

"Shannie! What's wrong? Do you not like it?" Taehyung questioned, but all Shannon could do was cry.

"Shannon!" Jungkook called as he entered the room. Shannon pushed past Taehyung and Jungkook and darted to her bedroom, shutting and locking the door.

"What happened?" Jungkook asked Taehyung. Taehyung shrugged and held up the pink bookmark.

"I don't know. I showed her this bookmark I brought from America-"

"Aish!" Jungkook dashed off and up the stairs.

What's with Shannon and pink bookmarks?

 

Shannon cried into her pillow.

If only her ex hadn't run off with her best friend, she wouldn't be so emotional.

She hated being emotional.

It showed that she was weak.

She never wanted to cry in front of Jungkook, let-alone Taehyung.

Why did he have to give Shannon a pink bookmark and kiss Shannon in front of the whole world?

 

"Shannon! Shannon!" Jungkook called, banging on Shannon's bedroom door. "Open the door-"

"Henry!"

Jungkook turned to his right and saw his father and Taehyung approach with the others.

"Let Taehyung talk to her. He's better at it." Jungkook's father stated, Jungkook lowering his head and stepping back. Taehyung eyed Jungkook then to Jungkook's father.

"A-Actually, sir. I think Henry could give it a try. I don't think I'm good at talking to her." Taehyung tried as Jungkook's father took out a key to unlock Shannon's door. "I always end up making it worst." Taehyung said, but was pushed in by Jungkook's father.

"Nonsense. If you two are to be wed, you have to know how to sooth her. That's why my wife takes such a liking to you. Now go." Jungkook's father demanded, shuting the door behind Taehyung and before Jungkook.

He turned to Jungkook as the others went back downstairs.

"Don't bother with Shannon anymore. She has Taehyung and you have Yein. Do you understand?" He said. Jungkook nodded, recieving a pat on the back before being left to himself.

Jungkook shut his eyes and swallowed past a knot that had formed in his throat. He bit his lip and let out a shaky breath as he heard a laugh come from the bedroom.

"Ah~ What do I do, Yoongi Hyung?" Jungkook asked, looking up to the ceiling. He heard another giggle from the bedroom before going to his room and laying on his bed.

It felt so empty and cold.

Was the AC on?

 

"Taehyung! I swear! Stop it!" Shannon screamed, laughing uncontrolably as Taehyung tickled her. Taehyung wouldn't stop until Shannon's covers fell to the soft carpet.

"Are you gonna tell me what's wrong now?" Taehyung asked with puppy eyes. Shannon sighed and sat up to flick Taehyung's forehead.

"You'd be the last person I'd tell." Shannon said, before Taehyung tackled her onto her bed.

"Tell me-tell me-tell me." Taehyung demanded in a baby voice, pinning Shannon against the bed with his long legs.

"No-no-no." Shannon replied.

Taehyung shifted onto his elbows so their faces would be closer, knowing Shannon had a weakness against guys.

"Tell me so I can fix it." Taehyung said in his husky, deep voice.

Shannon squeezed her eyes shut and shook her head, turning a light shade of pink.

She could feel and hear Taehyung's breathing with his body pressed against hers.

"Shannie~" Taehyung called lowly, breathing hot air onto the side of Shannon's face. "Tell me. Or else."

 

Jungkook thought it was too silent.

He couldn't hear laughing or talking anymore.

It was just silent.

He couldn't take the silence so he began knocking.

 

Something caught Taehyung's attention and distracted him from teasing Shannon.

"Did you hear that?" Taehyung asked.

If you're talking about my heart, then yes.

"Hear what?" Shannon asked.

The tapping came continuosly,

..

"I." Taehyung said.

_._.

._

_.

_.

_ _ _

_

"Cannot."

...

_

_ _ _

._ _.

"Stop."

_

....

..

_.

_._

..

_.

_ _.

"Thinking."

._

_...

_ _ _

.._

_

"About."

.._

"U."

"I cannot stop thinking about you? Do you know morse code, Shannie?" Taehyung asked.

Shannon wiggled out from under Taehyung and put an ear to the wall.

"No." She said.

"Is Henry on the other side?" Taehyung asked.

"Yeah." Shannon said breathily. Taehyung nodded and began tapping back.

"I. Can't. Forget. You. Either." Taehyung said aloud so Shannon would understand as he knocked back.

"I. Am. Sorry." Taehyung said, after Jungkook tapped.

"For what?" Taehyung asked Shannon. Shannon shrugged. "Maybe he killed his girlfriend?" Taehyung suggested, recieving a slap on the head before he tapped.

"For. What?" Taehyung said aloud.

The other side went silent.

Shannon and Taehyung waited for a few minutes until giving up and teasing each other.

 

Jungkook bit his lips and held his knees near as he sat facing the wall.

The laughter was once again sparked and alive from the other room while the one Jungkook sat in was as silent as his sadness.

Jungkook smiled, telling himself he'll be okay.

All-the-while, tears streamed down his soft cheeks, turning them salty.

Jungkook wants Shannon to be happy with Taehyung so Jungkook will be happy too.

Even if he has to pretend.