Chap 1: Set Up

The Fault

Jeon Henry's greatest flaw was that he never listened.

He also liked to make his mother chase after him.

He was also very gullible.

 

"Henry!" Henry's mother called loudly as worry poured upon her.

She had turned her back for a second. She had told one-year old Henry to stay put but he never listened. He always looked for trouble and could never avoid it, he was too gullible.

"Henry, where are you?!" His mother is pregnant with another child.

 

"Doctor says she'll be your baby sister."

 

Henry is gone and may never be found again. His parents can never look to the innocent grocery store they had lost him in.

Little did they know, their chid was dropped by its kidnapper and into an old farmer's truck trunk.

He grew up with the name Lee Jungkook.

 

 

 

"Yah, Jungkook-ah. Where are you?" Jimin mumbled to himself as he walked down the school's cold, empty halls. He groaned and pulled out his phone. He scrolled through his contacts then remebered,

"He doesn't have a phone! Aish~!" Jimin practically cried as he fell to the ground. "Fatality. Oh, fail. Is there no more the world can do to make me suffer from the mights of-"

"Jimin?" Jimin looked up and immediately jumped on his friend, hanging on his waist.

"Jungkook! You have no idea how long it took for me to find you!" Jimin said in a loud sense. Jungkook raised a brow.

"But...class just got in session and we were together the whole lunch period." Jungkook pointed out.

"I don't care! Let's go!" Jimin said, pulling Jungkook along by the waist. Jungkook scoffed with a smile before tickling Jimin.

"Yah!" Jimin shouted, leting go. Jungkook ran off.

"Come on! Teach will be there soon!" Jungkook called back. Jimin followed.

 

Jungkook opened the door to their classroom. Both him and Jimin are in class 4. They're both at the young age of seventeen but there was someone younger than both of them.

Jeon Shannon.

Class 4 at age 16.

"Jungkook!!" Hoseok, the class clown, screamed as he ran to Jungkook and hugged him. The whole class followed except the shy kids and Shannon.

"Hey, guys!" Jungkook greeted. Jimin pulled Jungkook out of the circle and behind him.

"Alright-alright! Everyone's had their fun! Now go to your seats!" Jimin demanded.

"Jimin!" Hoseok screamed, making everyone switch onto him. Jungkook took that chance to escape and ran to his seat.

"Hey, Shannon." He greeted with a warm smile. Shannon nodded and continued reading her book. Jungkook grabbed his backpack from underneath his desk. He had left it there during lunch so Yoongi wouldn't force him to do his homework.

He pulled out his math book as everyone filled back into their seats. Their teacher is always late so they never cared about getting to class on time.

"Bro, Jungkook. You got some paper I can borrow?" Namjoon, the schools's rapper asked. Jungkook nodded and ripped out a sheet of paper from his binder.

"Here you go, Hyung." Jungkook said as he handed the paper to him. Namjoon accepted it with a thankful smile as class started.

"Alright. As we all know, the dance is coming up. And I am in charge of set -up so I am going to need help from students to make this happen. I will also offer extra credit and so on-you get the drill. Who will volunteer?" The teacher asked, raising a pen. No one raised their hands.

"You also don't have to do this week's homework." Hands shot up into the air and soon, chatter built up.

"Are you doing it, Shannon?" Jimin asked, sitting on her desk. Shannon shook her head.

"No." She answered.

"Why not? We can hang out together afterward." Jimin suggested. 

"No." Shannon said again. Jimin grumbled as he thought of a way...

"Jungkook! You're not doing it?!" Jimin said, shocked. Jungkook shook his head with crescent moon eyes.

"No. I'm busy tomorrow."

"Doing what?" Jimin questioned suspicously. 

"Yoongi and Dad need help at the farm."

"Noooo! I already sealed my fate! You have to do it with me!" Jimin demanded. Jungkook shook his head.

"I'm sorry, I can't-"

"Fine-fine, whatever. But you have to come to the dance, okay?" Jimin turned to Shannon, who was at his side. "And you're coming too...what a second..." Jimin scanned Shannon then Jungkook. Then he did it again with wide eyes.

"You. Two. Are. A. Perfect. Couple. O. M. G!!" Jimin spazzed. Jungkook stared at him with a confused expression and Shannon ignored him. Jimin hopped off Shannon's desk and onto Jungkook's desk. He pulled Jungkook closer to him and whispered into his ear.

"Okay, here's the plan. You break into the principal's office, find the student profiles, find out where Shannon lives, tell me, we kidnap her-"

"Wait, what?" Jungkook interrupted, confused.

"What do you mean 'what'? We're making her go to the dance as your date." Jimin said, Jungkook nodding.

"Mhm...Wait, no way am I doing that!" Jungkook bursted once he realized what Jimin was saying. Jimin shook him by the shoulder.

"Come on, man. You two look like a perfect couple. She's quiet and smart. You're talkative and well...you know what I mean. Anyways, you two complete each other." Jungkook stared at Shannon's side face and perched his lips in thought.

"Now. About the plan-

"Okay, I'll ask her later." Jungkook gave in, immediately being hugged by his best friend.

"Yes! That's my boy!" Jimin complimented. "Oh yeah, and if she says no, we have a plan B. So don't worry too much." Jimin whispered.

"Jimin~, we're not kidnapping her." Jungkook said.

"That wasn't plan B. That's plan Y." Jimin reassured.

"Back to your seats!" Seokjin, the class president, ordered.

"Jungkook, who are you going with?" Sooyoung asked, leaning forward in her seat. She sat behind Jungkook and obviously had a crush on him, just like every other girl in the school. Jungkook twisted his torso just enough to see her face and smile charmingly.

"Going where?" Jungkook asked.

"Um. The dance." Sooyoung said, blushing. 

"Oh." Jungkook breathed. "Well I..." He peered over at Jimin, who was of course watching him with hawk eyes. Jungkook cleared his throat.

"I'm going with Shannon." He stated. Shannon's eyes grew wide but she hid it by folding up her book and putting it in her backpack.

Sooyoung pouted and crossed her arms.

"Okay, then. Nevermind." She said as she sat back.

Jungkook smiled apologetically as he turned back to the front. He peered at Shannon, who glared back.

"Sorry." Jungkook mouthed. Shannon turned to the front, still glaring. Jungkook sighed and bit his bottom lip.

 

Class ended with a 

"Go with me~"

"Go to the dance with Noona, Kookie~"

"I'll pay."

Jungkook kindly rejected all of them and luckily, Jimin distracted them with his "charms".

Jungkook caught Shannon walking out the door and chased after her.

"Yah!" Jungkook yelled after her as they entered the student-packed halls.

"Shannon!" He shouted. Shannon sighed and came to a stop. She whipped around and squeezed the textbooks in her arms.

"What?" She asked in an angry, hushed tone. Jungkook smiled, thankful she stopped.

"I'm sorry about calling you out earlier. But will you go with me?" Jungkook asked hesitantly. Most of the people walking by stopped and eavesdropped. Shannon groaned to herself and continued walking the direction she was going earlier.

"Shannon! Wait!" Jungkook pleaded as he grabbed Shannon's wrist. Shannon didn't stop and Jungkook didn't want to hold her back so he let her drag him off.

Shannon didn't stop until they reached the quite part of the school.

"No." Shannon said.

"No?" Jungkook repeated, dumbfounded.

"No, I'm not going to the dance with you." Shannon clearified. 

"But..." Jungkook thought of all the things Jimin could have planned. He did say plan Y so he must have had a lot of horrible plans.

"Please just say yes." Jungkook pleaded. Shannon glared at him.

"No." She said as she started walking again. Jungkook stepped in front of her to block her path.

"Please. Just act. Just for the dance." Jungkook suggested.

"Why do you want me to act? What's your goal?" Shannon asked. "Just because girls swarm you and want you to do everything with them, doesn't mean you come and ask me to help you. Besides, can't you go ask some other girl that actually likes you?" 

"You don't like me?" Jungkook asked, dismissing all the other questions. Shannon groaned and pushed past Jungkook. Jungkook grabbed her shoulders, stopping her, then immediately let go.

"Sorry." He apologized. "But just this once, please?" He pleaded again. Shannon sighed.

She didn't like popular guys in general but Jungkook was too nice, unlike most of the others.

"Fine. Just for the dance. Not before or after, got it?" Shannon said, making Jungkook light up. Jungkook wrapped his arms around her and lifted her off the ground with joy.

"Yay! Thank you so much!" Jungkook thanked as he set her back on the ground. He couldn't help but peck her lightly on the cheek before skipping off. 

Shannon put a hand on her cheek unconsciously as she stared at Jungkook's fading figure. After a while, she noticed she was blushing and quickly went home.

 

"Jungkook!! My baby! You're home!!" Yoongi, Jungkook's older brother, said as he hugged Jungkook. 

"Hey, hyung. Where's dad?" Jungkook asked.

"Pops? Did he not tell you? He went to the adoption center. They called him in and said they might have found your parents." Yoongi said. "But I don't think they did. They've been wrong like ten times now." Jungkook nodded and tried moving but Yoongi wouldn't let go of him.

"Hyung?"

"Hm?"

"Can you let go?"

"Oh! Sorry." Yoongi apolozied as he let go and stepped back. He dusted Jungkook's shoulders and fixed his hair.

"Hyung~ I'm home. I don't have to look good." Jungkook pointed out.

"Yeah, but my baby needs a girl someday."

"Erm-"

"You!" Yoongi jumped back in shock. He scanned Jungkook's face with a hand on his heart. "How?! When?!"

"Just today actually." Jungkook said, scratching the back of his head.

"My baby has a girl! Don't you guys have a dance tomorrow? Are you taking her?" Jungkook didn't get the chance to nod as Yoongi hugged him again. "Say no more. Go to the bedroom and get changed. Take a shower or something before dinner." Yoongi suggested as he let go and went back to the kitchen.

Jungkook did as he was told but as he was taking his uniform off, he spotted something pink hanging off his name tag.

He carefully unwinded it and observed it. He then remembered Shannon had a pink string hanging out her book. It must have caught onto his uniform when he hugged her.

It looked like a bookmark.

He put it in his backpack and went to take his shower then went down to dinner.

 

Shannon couldn't find her bookmark anywhere. She checked in her backpack, in the car, everywhere.

She finally gave up and lie on her bed when her mother called up to her.

"Shannon! Come down for dinner!" 

Shannon blew bubbles with her cheeks and went down to dinner. She saw her mother at the front door putting her shoes on.

"I'm going to the foster home so just clean up when you're done, alright?" 

"Okay.'

"And your father's meeting me there so don't expect him home. Bye honey. Be safe." Her mother shut the door and disappeared.

 

"What's her name?" Yoongi asked straight up once Jungkook took a seat.

"Shannon."

"Shannon what?"

"Jeon."

"Good. Jeon is good. Is she pretty?"

"Really."

"Really pretty?"

"Yeah."

"Wait, you're too nice. Do other people think she's pretty?"

"Um...Jimin does."

"Good! Is she nice?"

"Yeah."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"You sure?"

"Yeah."

"How long have you known her?"

"A year."

"That's it?"

"Yeah."

"Okay. Have you kissed yet?"

"What?"

"Kiss. Do you know what that is?"

"Yeah."

"Well, did you?"

"Yeah-I mean no!"

"You're growing up so fast!" Yoongi said, hugging him. 

"Hyung~ We didn't kiss~"

"It's alright. You don't have to hide it. I had my first kiss when I was younger than you are."

"Hyung~"

"Oh yeah! Your food!" Yoongi said. He broke the hug and handed Jungkook a bowl of food.

 

Once Jungkook finished eating, he went to bed after being interrogated again.

Tomorrow is going to be a long day.