Alternative Ending

The Fault

Jungkook felt the cool, relaxing breeze brush past his flawless skin.

He sat on the highest bridge in Seoul with only a pair of shorts on.

It was ten at night and he had just received a call from his mom that Shannon was in labor.

Jungkook sighed deeply as he looked out to everything he was giving up so,

"Henry can live the life I couldn't."

Jungkook took one last, slow, deep breath before he got to his feet.

He rested his eyes-

"YAH!" 

Someone shouted as he pulled Jungkook to safety.

"Are you a -JUNGKOOK!!!!?" The man screamed in shock. 

Jungkook looked closer at him but didn't recognize him then the man suddenly socked Jungkook in the face.

"Where have you been all this time!?" The man shouted, taking Jungkook by the biceps.

Then it clicked.

"Jimin?" Jungkook guessed, only to be punched again.

"What's with the uncertainty!? It's your best friend Park Jimin!

It's the best friend that needed his best friend Lee Jungkook the most all those years!

Jimin needed Jungkook when Hoseok went into a coma!

Jimin needed Jungkook when they took Hoseok off life support and he couldn't pay for it in time!

Jimin needed Jungkook when he wanted to take his own life so bad!!" Jimin shouted, tears running down his smooth cheeks like rivers.

"So where the hell was that best friend!!?" 

Jungkook didn't flinch as Jimin's salty tears dripped onto his face.

"He's here now."

 

After getting beat up some more, Jimin told Jungkook he was now the owner of a five-star hotel.

"I worked so heard to keep him alive." Jimin said, then paused. "I...I haven't had a girlfriend in years." 

Jungkook couldn't help but chuckle a little.

His friend always brightened him up.

"You know. I think this whole thing was my fault." Jimin said suddenly. 

"What whole thing?" Jungkook questioned.

"Well. If I hadn't introduced you to Shannon, you two would have grown up like real sane siblings, you know?" Jimin said.

"Nah. I'm thankful for having loved Shannon. Thanks, Jimin. And I'm sorry." Jungkook apologized.

"It's fine. I guess you needed to take a break. I get it. Now let's go." Jimin said.

They stood and continued on with their lives as best friends again.

 

Jungkook adopted three children just a year later.

Two boys and one girl.

Maybe he can give someone a better life than he had.

Jungkook bought the farm he, his father, and Yoongi used to own and taught his children to farm.

 

This grocery store is the one Jungkook was abducted at.

 

Jungkook met eyes with Shannon.

"Daddy! Buy me pudding! Please~!"

"No! Don't listen to Yoongi, Daddy! Buy me pudding!"

"Quiet! Daddy thinking!"

Jungkook waved slightly.

"Hey, Shannon." He said. Shannon looked at Jungkook's children then back up at him while holding her son in her hands.

"H-Hi." Shannon replied.

"Babe-Oh! It's that doctor we were going to sign for." Taehyung said as he came over with pudding.

Yoongi pulled on his father's shirt.

"Look, Daddy. Pudding!" 

"Pudding? Here. You can have this one. It's my favorite one." Taehyung said, handing Yoongi a strawberry cup of pudding.

"Taehyung wants one~!" Baby Taehyung demanded. Taehyung brightened.

"Oh! We have the same names! We have to have a play date! Is that alright with you, Doctor? Ahh, you're so adorable~" Taehyung said, squating to baby Taehyung's height.

Shannon looked at the youngest of Jungkook's children. The baby girl in the cart.

"Let me guess. Shannon." Shannon said, motioning to the baby girl.

"Yeah." Jungkook said with a slight smile.