Blank Space (Minho's POV)

Red Velvet One-Shot (Inspired from Taylor Swift Songs)

Minho’s POV

 

My heart is pounding so fast after I sent the text to Seulgi. I’m in my room just staring at my phone with her face on the wallpaper.

 

When on earth did she become so pretty like this?

 

I don’t know what happened it’s just that one day I catch myself staring at her for I don’t know how long. When I look at our pictures together I find myself staring at her just like what I’m doing right now.

 

“When are you gonna confess to her?”

 

I looked at the room and find Jinwoo sitting comfortably at the corner.

 

“When did you came in?”

 

“Just a while ago but it seemed like you’re so immersed in looking at her picture you didn’t even notice me come in. So, when are you gonna confess to her?”

 

“How did you know?”

 

He stared at me with a sarcastic expression on his face.

 

“You’re seriously asking me that question?”

 

I nodded. What’s wrong with my question? I never told anyone about my feelings for her so how come he knows about it?

 

“Everyone knows Song Minho except you and Seulgi. I really wondered why you are friends when you don’t have a common trait but now I know. You’re both dense. Anyway, when are you gonna tell her?”

 

I sighed. There’s on use I denying what I feel for her.

 

“I don’t know. I don’t even know what to say to her.”

 

“That would be… tragic. But how about you try being honest. It’s the best way to confess. I gotta go. I just dropped by to give this to you. Seungyoon said that you will compile everything for the final paper.”

 

“Okay. Don’t worry.”

 

I went back on lying on the bed while staring at the ceiling. How do I become honest with Kang Seulgi when I don’t even know what to say to her. I became speechless when I see her.

 

And I’m scared. I’m scared that she might want to reject me or just laugh at me.


“So what’s the occasion?”

 

She’s descending the stairs with just a white tee and jeans but she still manages to look stunning.

 

“Nothing. Mom just wants to see you. Apparently she kinda misses you so she invited you to dinner.”

 

“Have you thought about what I said to you last time?”

 

“What?”

 

I know what she’s trying to say but I don’t want to talk about it. I don’t even want to think about it.

 

“You know what I’m talking about.”

 

“No idea.”

 

“The engagement. Have you thought of something that might cancel the engagement?”

 

“Nope and we don’t have to talk about that right now. We can discuss it later after dinner when I drive you home, is that okay?”

 

“Fine.”

 

We’re almost home and I’m very nervous. I don’t know what her reaction would be if she’d know what I have done. This is not just an ordinary dinner for me and for her.

 

“We’re already here.”

 

I got out of the car first and opened the door for her.

 

“It feels like it’s been ages since I came here.”

 

“Yes, because you’ve been avoiding me.”

 

“No, I’m not. I’ve just been very busy and you know that.”

 

At the entrance of our house my mom and dad are waiting with surprised look on their faces. While my heart is beating very wildly with the anticipation of what’s going to happen next.

 

“Good evening Auntie, Uncle. It’s nice to see you.”

 

“Me, too Seulgi. I’m so pleased to meet you. We haven’t seen you in ages.”

 

Seulgi just smiled. She’s as comfortable as I am with my parents.

 

“You didn’t tell us that Seulgi is the one, son.”

 

Seulgi’s smile stiffened and she whispered to me in a very dangerous tone.

 

“The one? What are they talking about? I thought your mom invited me here? She looks more surprised than I am.”

 

I let out an obviously nervous chuckle.

 

“Me, too. I don’t know what they’re talking about.”

 

She gave me a sharp stare and walked inside first.


“Although I expected this I’m still surprised and at the same time very happy. This means that we don’t have to force you into each other.”

 

We’re in the middle of dinner when my mom said that. I can feel Seulgi’s feet kicking mine under the table. And she’s been throwing me sharp glances.

 

“I’m- I’m afraid that I’m not following what you’re trying to say Auntie.”

 

“Ow, Minho must not have told you that he already told us about you two.”

 

“About us?”

 

“Yes, I told him that he should bring his girlfriend over for dinner and he brought you. Anyway, I’m really happy that you’re together.”

 

I can clearly see how Seulgi’s jaw dropped and she followed it with another strong kick.

 

“Ah!”

 

“Is something wrong, Minho?”

 

I looked at Seulgi and she’s literally glaring at me. I should be frightened but I can’t because she looks so cute trying to make her small eyes larger.

 

“N-nothing. I just bitten my tongue accidentally.”


 

“What has gotten into your twisted mind Song Minho? Do you really think this as a joke?”

 

“No. I’m not joking.”

 

After mom and dad said that they’re already finished eating and went to the study room, Seulgi stood up immediately and dragged me into the garden. And I can tell that she’s not happy about this.

 

“Then what do you call this? A prank? My gosh April is last month you should’ve done this last month.”

 

“Seulgi-yah-“

 

“What!”

 

I flinched because of the intensity of her voice. She’s really angry.

 

“I’m not joking and this is not a prank. I’m serious Kang Seulgi. I told you that we’ll talk about the engagement after dinner and yeah- here we are.”

 

She didn’t respond.

 

“Actually the crap that you’re talking about is the same thing that I’ve been anticipating all these years and to tell you the truth I was the one who gave my parents the idea about the merging of the companies.”

 

Her eyes widened and I swear that this is the first time that she’s been reacting like this.

 

“You- WHAT!?”

 

“Yeah, it was me. I know that it was very selfish of me… I mean it was a very selfish thing to do but I can’t think of anything that would make you mine.”

 

She didn’t say anything and just closed her eyes. Probably trying to calm herself.

 

Then after a while she asked the question that I don’t know how to respond to.

 

“Yah! Why would you do that?”

 

“Why do you think I did that Seulgi-yah?”

 

“Because you’re secretly crazy and you want to play with me but Minho being married to each other isn’t a thing that can be played. You know that I’m dreaming of a family that I can be with until the rest of my life. And even you think that that idea is absurd I don’t care.”

 

“Who says that I’m only playing? I’m really serious here.”

 

“Really? C’mon don’t give me that crap. I want to marry someone that I’m in love with and the he also feels the same way towards me and you clearly isn’t that kind of person that I’m looking for.”

 

“But I want to be with you Seul.”

 

“I hope that you don’t think this the wrong way but I want someone who’s in love with me not someone who doesn’t even believe the letter L in the word love. Minho you don’t have to marry me. Your company doesn’t need the merging from our company.”

 

“I love you Kang Seulgi. For months, no for years I’ve been thinking and practicing on how to say this to you but right now there’s nothing going one in my mind so I don’t know what I’m saying but the thing is that I’m really in love with you and I hope that you believe me because I’m being serious here and I’m so nervous.”

 

Her eyes widened and tears begin to fall on her cheeks.

 

“Please.. please don’t cry. I can’t-“

 

“This is really not a funny joke, Minho. You don’t believe in love. Do you remember what you said to me three years ago? There’s no such thing as love. Why are you doing this?”

 

“Do you realize that I told you that 3 years ago? Feelings change Kang Seulgi.”

 

“So what are you trying to say?”

 

“I love you. So much. Kang Seulgi. I love you.”

 

“Minho…”

 

“Do I have to repeat it a million times? I love you Kang Seulgi, I love you Kang Seulgi, I love you Kang Seulgi, I love you-”

 

“Ok, stop, stop, stop. I heard you but I- I don’t understand.”

 

“What part of what I said you don’t understand. You don’t know love?”

 

“Song Minho.”

 

“I don’t know when this started but I just woke up one day that I want to see your face first thing in the morning. Your smile and your laugh makes me grin like a fool when you’re not around. And I just want to beat every boy that sets their eyes on you. I don’t want any man to look at you except me. I don’t want any man to like you because I’m not confident about myself. I keep thinking that what if you see someone better than me? But despite all of this I know that I have no right to do this or to even feel this. I’m the one who doesn’t believe in love so I got confused and I don’t know what to do with it. I don’t even know what to name it. I was too afraid to face it that’s why I tried to date other girls thinking that these feelings will be go away. But it turns out that I’m only making things hard for myself because no matter what I do these feelings just won’t go away instead it gets stronger as day passes by. You understand what I’m saying, right?”

 

“Of course I- I don’t know. Minho-”

 

“Can you please say something other than I don’t know? Do you know what I’m feeling right now?”

 

“What?”

 

“I feel like my heart is gonna burst out of my body. It’s not possible but it’s really what I’m feeling right now. So please can you say something?”

 

“I don’t know- I don’t know what to say. What should I say?”

 

“Try saying that you love me too.”

 

“Song Minho!”

 

“I won’t say I’m just kidding because that’s really the word that I want to hear from you right now Kang Seulgi.”

 

“Are you ready to be added to my list of boyfriends?”

 

“I can manage it and I’ll make sure that I’ll be the last one.”

 

“You seem confident.”

 

“I have to be. So now, what?”

 

I got a blank space baby and I’ll write your name.”

 

I laughed as she sang a verse from her favourite Taylor Swift song.

 

“I won’t hurt you, I promise that. I love you so much Kang Seulgi and nothing will ever change that.”

 

“I love you, too Song Minho.”


(a/n: That is all thank you. And I apologize if you find it confusing. But you can ask me questions anytime I'll try to answer it ^^)