Superstar

Red Velvet One-Shot (Inspired from Taylor Swift Songs)

    


“I’m here mom.”

 

I shouted as I sit in the couch. My mother is in the kitchen preparing for dinner and I just arrived from school.

 

“Don’t you dare turn on that television. You just came home from school and you stick your face in the television first thing when you arrive. Why don’t you come here and show your face to me?”

 

I groaned in annoyance as I lazily stood up and walked towards the kitchen.

 

“Why are you taking so long?”

 

“Arasso, arasso. I’m coming.”

 

Ugh! Why does my mom happens to be the most impatient person to be living in this planet? I don’t have a teleportation ability and I can’t appear in front of her in just one second when she calls me.

 

I see her in the kitchen cooking and I noticed that she’s cooking a lot of food.

 

“Mom, the show is about to start. I can’t miss it.”

 

She glared at me.

 

“Son Seunghwan, focus on your studies. That person you want to see on the television is an impossible person. He will never notice you.”

 

Ouch! Add to being impatient she is not supportive with my love life. She’s so against me fangirling over celebrities.

 

“Mom!”

 

“Don’t use that tone on me. Come here and help instead. I need assistance because we have visitors.”

 

“You know that I can’t cook.”

 

Don’t get me wrong. It’s not an alibi. I really don’t know how to cook. I’ve tried a lot of times but I’m just terrible. And now mom wants me to help her?

 

“Who told you that you will cook? You’ll just be in here following my orders. I need help because I’m cooking a lot of dishes.”

 

My face had a very sour expression. Today is a special day because it’s his birthday. And he will be performing his hit songs live in the television. I’ve waited for this day for too long only to end up not being able to watch him. I know that I can watch the replays but I really want to see him perform at his birthday. And my mom doesn’t want me too.

 

“Who’s the visitor?”

 

“An old friend.”

 

“How many are they. It looks like your cooking for an entire town.”

 

“Three. They said their son is coming too.”

 

“Why do they have to come today?”

 

I mumbled that to myself but it looks like my mom heard me because she threw a scary glare at me. So I'm left with no choice but to stay in the kitchen and help her with cooking.


When I opened the television the show just finished.

 

Great, just great! I never get to see him perform live on his birthday. I opened my laptop when the doorbell rang.

 

“Seunghwan open the door. It must be our visitor.”

 

Ugh! This is the part where I hate to be the only child. If only I have an older sibling my mom won’t always see me.

 

“Son Seunghwan get up and open the gate.”

 

“Arasso, arasso.”

 

Why does my mom have to be so impatient? I went to the door and opened it. I saw an elderly couple probably my parent’s age.

 

“Annyeong hasseyo.”

 

The couple smiled at me.

 

“Are you Seunghwan?”

 

“Ah, yes ma’am.”

 

“Aigoo, you’ve grown so much I didn’t recognize you.”

 

My forehead creased. Now that I’m looking at them they seem to be familiar but I just can’t remember where I saw them.

 

“Don’t you remember us?”

 

I smiled awkwardly at them. I don’t know how to act at the moment. I know it’s kinda rude but I really can’t remember them.

 

“We used to be neighbors. You were even friends with our son, Taehyun.”

 

“Taehyun?”

 

“Don’t tell me you’ve already forgotten about him? Nam Taehyun?”

 

“Neh?”

 

The older woman was about to say something when someone from the back spoke. And I felt that the whole world stopped spinning. 

 

"I didn't forget you so I'm sad to know that you don't remember me anymore."

 

Nam Taehyun! The Nam Taehyun is standing at my doorway with his usual chic smile.


Seeing him so up close, actually opposite with me on the table makes me paralyzed. I can’t seem to move my hand, even my eyes. I just kept on staring at my plate.

 

“Your daughter is very silent. Is there something wrong?”

 

I’m about to answer but my mom added to my embarrassment.

 

“She’s jut nervous to see Taehyun in person. She’s a die hard fan.”

 

“I”M NOT!!!”

 

Everyone in the table stopped eating and looked at me because I overreacted. I bowed my head apologetically.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

I let out an awkward smile but they don’t seem to make a big deal out of my outburst because they just continued eating and resumed to whatever they were talking about.

 

I swear that I love my mom but her mouth is just too tackless to handle. Did she really have to say that?

 

I lifted up my head slowly and looked at him. He’s sitting across the table. But I caught him looking at me so I looked away immediately. Now he must think that I’m weird. Of course, who would think that I’m normal with the way that I’m behaving in this situation. I mean this is just so awkward and I wish that the floor would crack wide open and eat me up. 

 

I feel my face burning. And I' sure that I'm really red.

 

When I looked at his direction he is still staring at me. I wiped my mouth thinking that there’s something.

 

“No, there’s no dirt on your mouth.”

 

I stared back at him and he smiled.

 

“I just can’t believe how you’ve grown. You were a midget when I last saw you I can’t believe that you still are.”

 

I gave him a sarcastic smile.

 

“Well, I almost forgot that you were actually a jerk.”

 

Ok, there was something that I forgot to say. Nam Taehyun is actually my childhood frenemy. We had a very complicated relationship when we were young. Not the kind of relationship that you’re thinking, of course. It’s just that he is my savior from bullies. He is always there to the rescue whenever someone tried to pick on me. And then he bullies me. 

 

His reason is that he’s the only one that has rights to bully me. It’s really nonsense, right?

 

Anyway, I started liking him a year after he debuted a singer. I fell in love with his song that’s about a girl that he likes for a long time but he can’t confess because he’s afraid that he might get rejected. 

 

“You’re still the crybaby Seunghwan that I’ve known.”

 

“I’m not a crybaby!”

 

“Seunghwan we’re in front of the food. Stop your childish acts there.”

 

Then my dad continued talking to the visitors as if nothing happened. 

 

I glared at the person in front of me. Why did I ever forgot that he’s a jerk?

 

I stood up.

 

“I’m already finish eating. I’ll just put my dishes to the kitchen.”

 

Without waiting for their response, I went to the kitchen. I get my phone and texted Joohyun.

 

I swear I’m his number hater from now on.

 

I didn’t wait for her reply and put back my phone to my pocket. When I went back to the dining room I didn’t saw Taehyun there.

 

“Where’s Taehyun?”

 

“He said he’s going to the restroom.”

 

I just nodded and went to my room. In this house my room is my only safe haven. The only place where I can have my own me time without other people disturbing me.

 

I opened the door to my room to find the last person that I wanted to be in here.

 

“You’re not a fan, huh?”

 

He’s mocking me, obviously.

 

“What are you doing here? Do you know that you’re trespassing? Get out!”

 

“Hey, what a nice collection of my posters you have here. I never thought I look this handsome.”

 

He gave me a cheeky smile and sat on my bed.

 

“Yah! I said get out, you have no right to be here.”

 

Instead of listening to me he lay down on my bed and closed his eyes.

 

Sure it is Nam Taehyun but I really have this weird attitude that I don’t want anyone to be in my room, more so in my bed. I don’t know why but I just hate the feeling. Even Joohyun hasn’t been in my room.

 

I go near him and pushed him out of my bed but he’s stronger that me so I ended up like pushing a rock.

 

“Do you know how much I hate someone to be in my room?”

 

“You still haven’t changed, have you?”

 

“Good, you remember that. So now get out of my room.”

 

“How could I ever forget that? That’s the reason why you didn’t talk to me until we went to the States. I never even said goodbye to you.”

 

His words hit me like home. He was the first friend I ever had, he’s my hero. But because of my childish whims we parted ways not in a good way. I didn’t talk to him for one week because he entered my room. When I was ready to talk to him I found out that they’re already in the States. My initial reaction was that I don’t care and I got angry more at him. But then later on I regretted it. But I cant’ bring myself to contact him first. I had my pride that I was holding on.

 

“Ok, so you want goodbye? Goodbye Nam Taehyun, now get out of my room.”

 

"I missed you."

 

I just stood there in the doorway not knowing what to say or do. What he said was totally unexpected. 

 

"Don't you have anything to say, too?"

 

This time he stand up and slowly walking to me. When he is in front of me he stared at me and I stared back at him.

 

Then all of a suddenly he hugged me tightly. 

 

This is wrong but I can't help but feel like

There ain't nothing more right babe

Misty morning comes again and I can't

Help but wish I could see your face

 

"Yah, my phone is ringing."

 

Taylor Swift's song Superstar is my ringtone. And I'm pretty sure that it's Joohyun calling.

 

But he didn't let me go. Instead he hugged more tightly. 

 

"I'm your superstar, right?"


[a/n: Thank you to my new subber royalwhite:) And I'm actually thinking of a sequel for this one. ]