Enchanted (Kang Seulgi's POV)

Red Velvet One-Shot (Inspired from Taylor Swift Songs)

         


Seulgi’s POV

 

I’m really going to kill you Kim Taehyung!

 

I’ve mumbling that phrase again and again and I don’t care if the people around me is looking at me weirdly. I have a pissed expression in my face which clearly states don’t-mess-with-me-or-you’ll-be-sorry. 

 

It’s been more than 30 minutes since my jerk of a cousin left me at our table near the buffet table because he said he’s going to the restroom. And it’s been half an hour since he was gone and not even his shadow came back. I wonder if he got flushed in the bowl.

 

I gritted my teeth in annoyance. He knows that I hate this kind of atmosphere and this is definitely not my crowd. You might ask where we are now?

 

At the debut of Jimin’s girlfriend, Lee Miju. She’s a famous girl in school. The you-want-to-be-friends kind of girl. I’m not really close with her because she’s too girly and besides the only person that I’m close with are my two brothers and three cousins.

 

I’m most close with Jimin and Taehyung because we are the same age. And the two dragged me into this boring celebration. 

 

I really didn’t plan on coming with him and becoming his date on this boring party. This is just not type. I’d rather stay in my room all day watching my favorite tv series. But Taehyung and Joy broke up the other day. I still can’t understand and I don’t know the reason. He just went to my house and cried so hard at me saying they already broke up. I tried to ask him many times but he just won’t tell me the reason.

 

Then flashforward this morning he was begging me to be his date.

 

“You’re crazy Taehyung-ah. You know that I hate parties. I didn't even allowed mom to have a party in my debut.”

 

Since he came to my house he’s been bugging and nagging me to be his partner to Miju’s debut. He must be kidding me. Attend a debut? That would be the last thing on my mind. And besides he can just bring any girl he wants. I 'm sure there would be a lot of them that's interested and willing. 

 

“Please, Seulgi-yah. I heard that Joy will be there and I don’t want to be alone.”

 

He looks so desperate so I took pity on him and agreed. But giving on to him was the biggest mistake I’ve even done in my life.

 

Look where my pity got me? Eating alone in the middle of strangers. I’m not really good with socializing with people so I felt really awkward in this situation. Add to that the dress that I’m wearing. 

 

Why does her debut have to be fairy-tale themed? I don’t have anything against fairy-tales but we’re grown up for god’s sake. The debutante should have outgrown her penchant for fairy-tales. There are more cooler themes but she choose this disney princess. Guess who am I? Cinderella. Yep, the girl who was maltreated by her stepmother and stepsisters and ended up marrying a prince.

 

Kim Taehyung really is giving me reasons that I should kill him immediately when I see him. I’ve been calling him but after a few rings I can’t contact him anymore. He turned off his phone. That jerk!

 

If I just brought my car I could have gone home instead of waiting for him. But it’s already late and I don’t want to commute. I already had a bad experience about it. The last time was a ert taxi driver. 

 

I looked around hoping that I can see him but it’s sort of impossible. There are a lot of people and they’re all having fun. Then my eyes went to someone sitting near the 2 tables away from me. I don’t know that there’s just something about him that caught my attention. Maybe because he is also alone and that he has a serious look in his face that is almost scary. 

 

He might have felt that someone is staring at him because he looked at me. I immediately looked away. I don’t want him to think that I’m interested in him.

 

I looked at my phone again and dialed Taehyung’s number but it’s still out of reach. That alien will surely go back to where planet he belongs when I see him. I will surely kick him to the planet where he came from.

 

“Hi!”

 

From staring at the screen of my phone I looked up and saw the boy that caught my attention.

 

“H-hello.”

 

I smiled awkwardly at him. 

 

I’m sure that I’ve seen his face before but I just can’t remember when and where.

 

“I... Would you mind if I ask you a question?”

 

“No. What is it?”

 

“Have- have we met before? You look really familiar.”

 

And I thought I was the only one feeling that way. 

 

“I don’t think so. But you look familiar, too.”

 

He nodded.

 

“C-can I sit here?”

 

“Sure. Are you Korean?”

 

“Y-yes. Why?”

 

“You keep on stuttering I thought you can’t speak Korean well.”

 

He rubbed the back of his neck and smiled shyly. I didn’t know what got into me but I find his gesture so charming. 

 

I’ve grown surrounded with boys. Actually I’m the only girl in our family. I have an older and younger brother. And my cousins are all boys. That’s why most people mistaken me as boyish.

 

So I’m not really used to seeing a boy behave like him.

 

“I... I’m Korean. By the way did you came here alone?”

 

“Nope. Actually I have a date but it seemed like he ditched me. I haven’t seen him around.”

 

“Your boyfriend?”

 

My forehead ceased as he asked the question. Is it just me or there’s some animosity in his voice? But it’s probably my imagination though. 

 

“Nope. My cousin. By the way we’ve been chatting for a while but I don’t know you yet.”

 

He smiled shyly and then offered his hand.

 

“Ah, yeah. I’m Kim Jongin. Miju is my cousin.”

 

Ow! Now I know. So this is how Kim Jongin looks like up close. Not bad, I mean he’s gorgeous and hot. The things that I’ve heard about him is lacking now that he’s in front of me. 

 

You might wonder who he is, right?

 

As what he has said, his name is Kim Jongin. And he is famous at school. His family owns the Kim’s, a chain of hotel and restaurant spread around the country and there are some branches abroad, too. But despite being famous and rich and handsome he is also a genius. I heard that he is the consistent top one in his class. 

 

Now I know where I might have seen him. My classmate Jin has a picture of him in her locker. I caught a glance at it more than once. Actually just by seeing the picture I got a little crush on him but that was long ago. 

 

We’re also schoolmates but I don’t think I’ve seen him even once. We’re on different departments though.

 

“Why?”

 

I was awakened by my thoughts when he snapped at me. Then I realized that he is still offering his hand and waiting for me to shake it.

 

“Sorry, I’m Kang Seulgi by the way. Jin is my cousin.”

 

He just nodded and then came the awkward silence. It seems like he doesn’t want to talk and the same thing goes with me. I’m not in the mood to talk with anyone right now because I’m still annoyed as hell.

 

“You seem bored.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“I-I mean, don’t you enjoy the party? You seem irritated.”

 

“I really don’t enjoy this kind of things. And I hate my dress.”

 

“But you-you look beautiful in that dress.”

 

I felt my whole face has gone red. It felt like all my blood is rising to my head. I don’t usually get compliments. I mean I rarely get them.

 

So we just sit there withoutt talking to each other. Far afar we would look like come couple having a fight. 

 

Then the emcee announced that it is time for the dance. He is acutally inviting everyone to hit the dance floor. And here comes the number one reason why I hate attending parties. Everyone seems to enjoy dancing but not me. I big time at it. I would always step on the foot on my partner. 

 

There I was again tonight

Forcing laughter faking smiles

Same old tired lonely place

 

The music started and one by one the dance floor is packed with people. 

 

I turned to Kim Jongin and he is standing up. Maybe he is planning to invite the girls that has been eyeing him at the other table. I felt disappointed though for no reason. 

 

It's not like I expect him to invite me to dance. We're not even close. 

 

I just browsed my phone to entertain myself and decided to play some random game. Then I felt that someone is standing in front of me. I looked up and saw him.

 

He looked hesitant and cleared his throat. Then he offered his hand.

 

"Can I have this dance?"

 

Surprised is an understatement to what I feel. Did he just say he wanted to dance with me? Or was I just hallucinating because I'm already sleepy. I secretly pinched my thighs and I felt pain. It means he is real and he is asking me to a dance.

 

"Why?"

 

Stupid Seulgi! Stupid!

 

Why would you ask someone who wanted to dance with you why? Ugh! 

 

This is the first time that I am invited to dance that's why I don't know how to respond.

 

"I-I mean, I don't know how to dance. It's... I'm not comfortable."

 

And I gave him a small and hesitant smile.

 

But he grabbed my hand and I was forced to stand up.

 

"It's ok. I'm not a good dancer myself either."

 

Then he led me into the middle of the dancefloor.

 


Author's Note:

Kim Jongin's POV is not yet finished -.-