Blank Space (Seulgi's POV)

Red Velvet One-Shot (Inspired from Taylor Swift Songs)

     


Seulgi’s POV
 

“She’s such a .”

 

“That would insult the word if you associate it with Kang Seulgi. It’s her hobby to collect boys and play with them.”

 

“Probably her favourite pastime.”

 

That’s what I always hear every time I pass by a bunch of students especially jealous girls. But I’m used to it so no big deal. I can handle it anyway and fighting back to them would be a very petty move. I don’t know them so I don’t care whatever they say. Anyway, it’s not the truth at all. They don’t have any single idea who I am and what they are talking about.

 

So instead of feeling anger I feel pity towards them for being so ignorant and jealous.

 

But there’s one thing that sometimes gets into my nerves.

 

Song Minho. He is my bestfriend and has the same reputation as I am. He’s a known playboy. He never had a girlfriend for more than one month. But that just made him hot. Everyone in school wants him. He is number one on their prince charming list.

 

So isn’t that unfair that when a boy has different girlfriends he is cool and hot and y but when a girl has different boyfriends well she’s automatically a , a and a trash who doesn’t deserve to be taken seriously.

 

But even with that stereotype Minho and I remained friends. We were friends since the beginning of time and we understand each other. Besides it’s not his fault that the people around us thinks that he is hot because he has a collection of girls.

 

“Do you think Kei will like my present?”

 

“I have no idea. I haven’t met her yet so I can’t tell you if she’ll like it or not.”

 

“Because it looks like you don’t have plans of meeting her. I already told you that just tell me and I can arrange a meeting but you always say that you’re busy even if you’re not.”

 

“That’s a baseless claim because I am really busy. School just got damn so demanding and I want to take this semester seriously.”

 

“How many times have you said that?”

 

“Apparently since we were freshmen but back to the topic why don’t you ask her personally if she likes it or not?”

 

“Where’s the surprise in that?”

 

“You’re an idiot don’t you know that? Of course you wouldn’t ask directly. You will have side questions and you will connect them and analyze them so that you can come up with a final decision or information if she likes that or not? And I’ve been saying this to you since you’re very first relationship and I will say this again , why do you always have to consult me when it comes to the gifts that you give to your girlfriends? It’s not like I personally know all of them and that we’re on the same wavelength. We are all different creatures therefore we think differently especially because girls. Also why bother yourself thinking of a gift to her when you’ll just break up with her at the end of the week?”

 

“C’mon Seulgi, just indulge me with this one. I promise that when I get to have the courage to confess to someone and she will accept me I will no longer ask for your opinions.”

 

“That would be great but it’s impossible.”

 

“Why?”

 

“You’re not capable of falling in love Song Minho. Don’t tell me you believe in love? Have you forgotten what you told me about how love and it just makes us poor on valentines?”

 

“That was three years ago.”

 

“Yes and you haven’t changed since then.”

 

“Of course I have. Do you really think that I’m the old same Song Minho that you know?”

 

“The same since you were 7.”

 

“Yah! Kang Seulgi-”

 

“Anyways, I have a date with Sehun so I’ll go first. I don’t want to be late. Ciao.”

 

“Who’s Sehun?”

 

I didn’t answer him. I just waved my hand and walked away.

 

Oh Sehun is a fourth year medical student from another school. I met him at the party of my cousin last week. I was really bored that time then he came up to me and started talking. Before I knew it he got my number and we were texting and calling each other since then. And I really think that he’s a great guy.

 

I just hope.

 

I felt my phone vibrated so I decided to answer it.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Who is Sehun?”

 

“Song Minho, do you really have to call me?”

 

“Of course. You just said you’re going on a date with some alien that I don’t know. Don’t you think that as someone who is concerned at you I have the right to know about him?”

 

“Well, there’s nothing really much to know about him because we haven’t went out YET. I know that he’s a medical student from my cousin’s university and that he’s a great guy. And thanks the concern. I’m touched.”

 

“Seulgi-”

 

“Don’t worry I’ll tell everything about him tomorrow. Bye.”


“So, how did it go?”

 

I rolled my eyes. I just so hate that question and for a moment I want to forget what happened yesterday. It’s a nightmare along with other nightmares.

 

“Can you not ask about it? Like pretend that I didn’t meet someone yesterday?”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because I said so.”

 

We’re at the canteen right now. I’m literally devouring the sandwich that I ordered because of frustration.

 

“I can’t just pretend like it didn’t happen just because you said so. And you promised that you’ll tell me everything about him. So spill it.”

 

“Well, there’s really not much anything to him except that he’s a douche bag that I never want to meet again. That prettily sums it all up. Satisfied?”

 

“What did he do to you?”

 

The gentleness on his voice along with the genuine concern makes me want to cry. This is not the first time that this is happening but we’re in a public place right now. I can’t show to them that I’m weak.

 

“Same thing.”

 

“Seulgi why don’t you just-”

 

“Stop right there. You’ve been saying that many times but I’m also saying these many times. No Minho, no. I can’t let them dictate my life. This is mine.”

 

“But-”

 

“Thank you for your concern but I can handle this. And someday I can find the man that will truly love me for who I am.”

 

I expected him to laugh at me like he always do when I talk about love but he’s just looking intently at me.

 

“That reaction from you creeps me out. You can laugh if you want I promise I won’t kill you.”

 

“Why would I laugh?”

 

“Because that’s what you always do when I mention about love.”

 

He just shrugged his shoulders and didn’t say a thing.


“Why don’t you just agree with them?”

 

“You know why I’m here right?”

 

Seunghwan sighed. I’m at her house because I’m too annoyed to face anyone right now. Seunghwan is my cousin and except for Minho she is only one that knows about my real situation and why I’m doing what I’m doing right now.

 

“But why don’t you just give it a try? You’ll never know if it will work?”

 

“It will not work and it will never work. Look at my parents, your parents. Yes, they’re still together but they’re cheating on each other. And with Minho just look at him. He’s my friend but there’s no way we can work things out.”

 

“You haven’t even tried.”

 

“I don’t have to try to find out if it will be effective or not.”

 

“Minho is cute though.”

 

“He’s just my friend and besides a player isn’t really my type.”

 

“And it’s just ironic that being a player is your reputation.”

 

“You know the truth, right?”

 

“Of course but Seulgi-”

 

“This conversation is over. I am not marrying Song Minho even though he is my bestfriend.”

 

“I heard that you went out with Suho last weekend?”

 

“I’m sure that you knew how it went out so is that really a necessary question?”

 

I looked at him with a sarcastic expression while he just shrugged his shoulders.

 

“Is it wrong that I’m asking you things like this?”

 

“Really weird. Anyway how’s it going with Kai?”

 

“Who’s Kai?”

 

“Your girlfriend?”

 

“It’s Kei and by the way Ashley is my new girlfriend.”

 

“It would be the best for the business darling. The merging would help the two companies to improve.”


I’m having dinner with my mom and dad and the same as usual they are trying to talk their way into the arranged marriage that they want me to accept. And this is always the root of our arguments.

 

“I already told you I’m not interested in that whatsoever project. And besides I’m dating someone right now.”

 

“Who?”

 

“Jackson Wang. He is the heir to the Wang Corporation.”

 

“But darling we really think that-”

 

“I’m the only one who can tell if that person is perfect for me or if that person is the worst person ever existed. I’m full.”

 

I went immediately to my room and locked the door. Why does they always shove Minho in my face?

 

You heard it right. Song Minho is the one that they planned to be my husband in this arranged marriage.

 

I like him. More than a friend but I know that it wouldn’t be a wise thing to agree to marry to him. He clearly said to me how he doesn’t really believe in love and how he can’t stay faithful to one woman in his life.

 

So before my like for him would turn into love and I can’t take back the feelings it would be better to prevent it first. It’s weird. If this happened three years ago where I thought that he believed what I believed. But he doesn’t. We have different beliefs in life and love so I can’t.

 

I can take millions of heartaches from another person, not just him. One heartache from him would kill me.

 

I know I should have not gone and continue liking him but I just can’t help it.

 

He was the one who was beside me all this time. Through thick and think he stayed by my side. When other people would give up on me he would be the one to comfort me and tell me everything is okay. He is my superhero. And he is the one who taught me that love is real. It’s just funny how that someone taught me what love is doesn’t believe in that thing.


“I’m in love with Healer. He’s so cool.”

 

“Do you seriously believe those dramas? How can you fall in love with that virtual character?”

 

“Don’t be such a killjoy. It’s none of your business. As for me, I know that I’ve already found my destiny, my soulmate.”

 

“You sound like someone who just got out of mental hospital. Would you please gather yourself? We have a report tomorrow and there you are watching that nonsense drama. Are you gonna report that crap tomorrow?”

 

“Tss. Fine, fine. Let’s see if you’ll be the one who’s gonna fall in love. I’ll laugh so hard at you and I will strangle you to death.”

 

“Love? Do you really believe in that crap? It’s just a lame excuse to get laid. I mean no offense meant but love doesn’t really exist. You and I both know that. So stop dreaming about that nonsense. Instead focus your brain on our report tomorrow because it is unfair that I’m the only one doing all the work and both of us will receive the credits.”

 

“Kang Seulgi are you listening to what I’m saying?”

 

I looked around and I realized that Seunghwan is in front of me with a crossed expression.

 

“I-I am. Of course.”

 

“So what do you think of my suggestion? Don’t you think that it’s brilliant?”

 

“What’s your suggestion?”

 

“See? You’re not even hearing anything that I’m saying. I haven’t said any suggestion, yet. Why do you have to stress yourself out about those things?”

 

“Son Seunghwan my 20th birthday is in less than a year and that means my engagement would also be announces in less than a year. Don’t you really think that this is a serious problem?”

 

“Sorry. But honestly what do you think of Song Minho?”

 

“Song Minho is my bestfriend since the beginning of time and he’s always there for me but I can’t imagine myself being married to that player. Wan-ah he doesn’t believe even the letter L in the word love, how can he be my husband?”

 

“How about you?”

 

“How about me what?”

 

“Do you believe in love? Have you ever been in love?”

 

I sighed and looked at the ceiling. Do I believe in love? Have I ever been in love?

 

I’ve been waiting for someone to ask me that question and at the same time I’m afraid that someone will ask that to me. I don’t know the answer. I don’t know about my feelings. Maybe yes or maybe not.

 

I don’t know. Is the strong feeling that I feel for Minho love? How can this feeling be so wonderful and so sad at the same time? Is this really love?

 

“And I’m not talking about your celebrity crushes so don’t give me their names. I’m talking about a real person here. The person that exists in your life.”

 

“Wan-ah...”

 

“Um..”

 

“How do you know if it’s love?”

 

“Well, just thinking of the person makes you smile like crazy. His smile, his laugh, his hair , his face and everything about him excites you. You can feel whenever he’s near you. You don’t want him to get out of your sight and you get jealous when you see him with another person even if you have no right. But above all you want the good for him. You don’t want him to get hurt and have a hard time because seeing him sad and having a hard time makes you sad. He has imperfections but you accept them all. You get angry at him or annoyed but that’s only for a fleeting moment because deep inside you can’t really stay angry at him for a long time.”

 

She is grinning like silly while saying those things. It’s gives me goosebumps because I’m not used to seeing that kind of Son Seunghwan. She is kinda boyish and seeing her talk about these things is just like seeing Minho talk about love.

 

“What?”

 

She must have noticed that I’ve been looking at her with a weird face.

 

“What, what?”

 

“Why are you staring at me like that?”

 

“You seem to know a lot about these things. Is there something that you’re not telling me?”

 

“Nope. There’s nothing interesting happening in my life so I can’t tell you anything. I just got those things from books and you know experiences.”

 

“Experiences? Do you even have experiences? Wait- Now I remember it. The other day Irene mentioned someone. Nam Taeyoong, no, Nam Taehyung, no. Nam Taehyun. Right, Nam Taehyun. Who’s Nam Taehyun?”

 

“I clearly have no idea what you’re talking about. Ok, I’ll go first because it looks like I need to murder someone. But pray that I’ll have pity so that I’ll just cut her tongue.”

 

Then she went out of the room in a hurry without even saying proper goodbye. If I don’t have this problem right now I would surely investigate what’s going on with her life but I’m too busy minding my own life.


“So do you have any plans on how to cancel the engagement next, next, next month?”

 

“I’m not thinking of anything?”

 

“Why?”

 

“Why would I think of an idea on how to cancel our engagement?”

 

“Are you crazy or do you have an amnesia?”

 

“I’m perfectly fine.”

 

“So why aren’t you thinking of anything to cancel the crap that both our parents are planning. I’ve already given my parents all the reasons I can think of why I can’t marry you but they just won’t listen. Maybe if you’ll tell them they’ll listen to you.”

 

“Why would I do that?”

 

“Because we both don’t want to be in this crap.”

 

He didn’t respond to what I said but just continued on playing with his phone.

 

“Can you please for a moment be a human and listen to what I’m trying to say?”

 

“I’m listening.”

 

“And can you for a moment stop texting your girlfriend or whoever is it that you’re texting to? I’m trying to think of a way to cancel the engagement.”

 

He put down his phone and stared at me. He’s not saying a word but just staring at me and it feels weird.

 

“What? Can you stop doing that?”

 

“Stop doing what?”

 

“That serious face that you’re putting now.”

 

“What do you want me to do?”

 

“I want you to think of a way that we can both escape in this engagement- oh my gosh I’ve been repeating myself over and over again.”

 

“Okay, so what do you propose?”

 

“I don’t know, maybe find a girlfriend and introduce them to your parents. Then I’ll find a boyfriend also and introduce him to my parents.”

 

“That’s a great idea. Fine.”

 

“So you’re okay with it?”

 

“Yeap.”

 

Then just like that he stood up and walked away without saying a thing. It seems like people around me got this habit of just walking away.

 


(a/n: Minho's POV is still ongoing :P And I would just like to thank Lillyzsatisakro_chi and Abbie_Yoo_Hanbyulfor the encouraging and inspiring comments. I'm looking forward to hear from you guys. To everyone who's still reading my fanfic THANK YOU SO SO MUCH! You're all my inspiration ^^)