Distraction

Jealousies and All
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hyung, you’re spacing out.” Jungshin noticed as they practice that night. Ever since Yonghwa came from meeting Shinhye that afternoon, the younger brothers noticed a change in his mood. “What happened, Hyung?” Minhyuk asked. “You’re not like this during practices. Seldom see you out of focus, Hyung.” Jonghyun noticed it too. “Huh?” A startled Yonghwa asked them back. “Hyung, seriously? What happened?” Jungshin asked again. “Nothing, maybe I am a little bit tired. It’s late already too.” He answered. Minhyuk shakes his head not believing his words. “We all know you, Hyung. Spill it out.” He dared. Yonghwa sighed and put down his guitar. He took his iced Americano. “Shinhye.” He said. All s stared at him waiting for his story.

The two of them arrived at the dorm seeing the other members busy with the tablet. They joined the commotion and were both curious seeing the surprised look from them. Tiffany immediately grabbed the tablet and beholds the photos of Yonghwa and Shinhye in a café shop in Cheongdamdong which eventually circulated all throughout the web and social media sites. Her jaws dropped. “Seriously?” She suddenly exclaimed in firm English. Seohyun creased her eyebrows upon hearing her unnie. She took the tablet and also saw their photos together. Shinhye, happily touching Yonghwa and slightly hitting him on his arms or so as the photos imply. Seohyun scanned the other pictures while her unnies beside her are waiting for her reaction. “You know about this, maknae?” Tiffany exclaimed widening her eyes at Seohyun. She replied coolly. “No, not really. He did not say anything about meeting Shinhye unnie. Yhey have a band practice today at the agency. Maybe she dropped by and they went out for coffee. You know how he is addicted to it.” She put down the tablet and slumped at the couch. “Aigoo, let’s watch movie here. We weren’t able to even go shopping. Can you believe that mall is crowded today? I wanted to buy some clothes.” She said. Her unnies stared at her. “Are you okay, Joohyun?” Sooyoung asked. “Of course unnie, why wouldn’t I be?” She asked back. Hyoyeon sat beside her and put her arms on her. “Because recently, articles about Yonghwa and Shinye are always on the entertainment news and sometimes I wonder if you are really the girl friend he confirmed he is dating a week ago.” She gave her a look. “Omo! Maknae is mad!” Sunny teased. “Hey, that issue is not something we can tease about. It feels like something is happening here.” Taeyeon said out of the blue. “Seriously unnies? Those are old news already. Shinhye unnie and I are in good terms now and the fact that they are best friends will forever be branded to each other. I don’t see any reason to get mad now. Sometimes, others are just making a fuss on it.” She explained. “But Joohyun…” Yuri wanted to say something. “Jinjjaa, we don’t have to create any issues out of this. Oppa will definitely inform me about this so I don’t have anything to worry – that’s for sure.” She assured. None of her unnies responded. They just stared at her still trying to figure out some things at the back of their minds.

“Hyung, did you tell that to Hyungsoonim?” Jungshin asked. “No. Not yet.” He responded coldly. “You better tell that to her.” Jonghyun suggested. “But Hyung, what will he tell her?” Minhyuk asked Jonghyun. The latter was left speechless. “It’s not what he will tell her. It’s how he will tell.” Jungshin corrected. “Whoah! I can’t believe that this is actually happening. I thought these kinds of things are for dramas only.” Jonghyun said unbelievably. “Me neither. I was shocked.” Yonghwa then said. “What did you say to her?” The youngest again asked him. “Nothing.” He replied. “Seriously, Hyung! You should’ve said something!” Jungshin reacted frustrated. “And what do you want me to say at that time?! I was… I was dumbfounded. It’s the first time I saw that side of Shinhye.” He said sadly. s did not give any response but waited for him to speak again. “She was so bubbly at first. She keeps on making fun of me and our memories ever since I debuted. You know just some random chit chats. That’s what I thought. But then she started to say those things. I don’t… I don’t know what to say to her. It felt like I gave her something to be burdened with. I don’t know why but I suddenly felt bad for her.” He said. “Aigoo Hyung, I think it’s much better to inform Seohyun-ssi regarding that. You don’t want to mess up with your relationship now.” Jonghyun again suggested. Yonghwa sighed and took his mobile phone from his pocket listening to Jonghyun’s suggestion.

Just when he was about to call Seohyun, their manager came. “Yonghwa-ssi, Sajangnim is calling you.” He said. “Waeyo?” He asked instead. “Oh… he just wants to discuss some things with you.” Their manager calmly answered. Without any more questions, he stood up from his seat and went outside to meet their CEO. “You three, practice more.” Their manager instructed them. Jungshin pouted at him. “Have you heard?” Minhyuk suddenly asked. “What?” Jonghyun asked in return. “When Hyung and the agency confirmed the dating rumors, the stocks went down.” He stated. “Oh, that’s not new in this industry. I heard that so many times, the recent would be when miss A Suzy and Lee Min Ho sunbaenim confirmed also that they are dating. Oh no, let me correct. The recent one was when Hyung and Seohyun-ssi confirmed they are really dating.” Jungshin said. “And that our Seoul concert will most probably be moved to a smaller venue?” He asked again. Jonghyun stopped strumming his guitar as well as Jungshin who is tuning his bass. “I was outside the conference room when Sajangnim had a little meeting with manager Hyung and the concert staffs. I heard they’re taking into consideration of choosing a smaller venue.” He said. “Wae? What happened?” Jungshin then asked. Instead of Minhyuk, Jonghyun answered. “They’ve been receiving some mails from fans regarding his relationship. That how could they conceal it to the fans and let them believe that he is not in a relationship at all. Fans still have a hard time accepting the truth. And staffs said some of them are leaving the fan café already.” “And why is that so?” Jungshin again asked curious. “It’s the after effect of fans to Hyung’s dating news. You know that he dating Seohyun-ssi is not welcome to some. They’d rather choose him to be with Shinhye-ssi instead.” Jonghyun explained. “One day, they’ll realize how happy Yongwha Hyung is right now. Can’t they just love us because of our music?” Jungshin asked sadly. “Those matters to our fans, that’s why Sajangnim kept on reminding us before. When the stocks went down and they saw the rapid effect of his relationship, they started to get worried about our upcoming concerts.” Jonghyun answered. There was a silence between them. “Hyung knows?” Jungshin again asked. Both of the other members nodded. “Jinjjaa? How come you all know and I do not?” He asked frustrated. “It’s not yet confirmed. They are still in talks. It’s still very early and we haven’t announced the Seoul concert yet. It was just a feeling. You know Yonghwa Hyung, right?” Minhyuk answered. “That’s why he did not bother telling us. He still doesn’t know that we have a hunch about that already.” Jonghyun added. “Maybe that is the reason why Sajangnim called him?” Jungshin asked them curiously. “Maybe or maybe not. Because if that would be the reason, manager Hyung will also tell us to go since it is the band’s issue though.” Jonghyun answered. “Ya! Jinjjaa! This is unbelievable!” Minhyuk exclaimed while browsing at his mobile phone.

“Yes, sajangnim?” Yonghwa said as soon as he entered the office. “Have a seat, Yonghwa-ssi.” He offered. Yonghwa was curious as to why he was so formal to him. “Ugh. The dating issue again.”  That’s what he thought to himself. “How are you now, Yonghwa-ssi?” Their CEO suddenly asked while sitting across Yonghwa. His eyebrows creased. Their CEO chuckled. “That’s so you, Yonghwa-ssi.” He said. “Is there any problem Sajangnim?” He directly asked. He doesn’t want any sweet coated words from their CEO anymore. “How is Seohyun-ssi? Is she doing fine?” The CEO asked again. “Damn it! What is he trying to say?” He cursed in his mind. “She is doing perfectly fine, Sajangnim. Thank you for asking. Though she has been bothered continuously by reporters and fans, she is perfectly fine. Now tell me what is it, Sajangnim?” He is very impatient to hear what their CEO wants. “How is the comeback going on?” Again, the CEO asked. Yonghwa is truly irritated this time. Why can’t he just direct me to the point? He keeps on shouting in his mind. “Sajangnim…” He said coldly. “If our comeback worries you this much because of my recent scandal, I assure you that you don’t have to change our Seoul concert venue. I’ll work harder on promotions.” He added. Their CEO chuckled. “You already knew about that case huh? But your Seoul concert will push through on the same planned venue, just like before. I don’t worry with the result since we already prepared for the outcome of it. What worries me is this, Yonghwa-ssi.” He said as he shows a folder file. Yonghwa took it and was very curious to what is that worries the company so much relating to their group’s comeback. He opened it and checked the inside. His eyes widened upon seeing the files of articles printed from several entertainment websites with regards to him and Park Shin Hye. He saw the first article about her leaving the building where his apartment was during the small get together. And then several articles which had photos of them together since their first drama and linking it to their dating rumors. Another with some of Shinhye’s interviews which looks like giving hints to the readers of her dating which fans assumed it is him – when actually they are not. And lastly, his eyes widened even more with the new article he just saw. “Sajangnim.” That’s what all he could say. “Ye, Yonghwa-ssi. That’s what bothers me the most. I know you’re good friends with her. No, as a matter of fact, you’ve been best of friends with her ever since you debuted. But I’d like to know what is happening right now.” He said. Yonghwa put down the folder file on the center table and leaned back on the couch while staring at his CEO directly. “It’s true I met Shinhye few hours ago. I did not know it would make in the news. We were in the private place of the café.” He started. “I know. That’s why I am curious to why an article like this came out – again.” Their CEO emphasized the last word. “Yonghwa, you knew well how we dealt with you concealing your relationship with Seohyun-ssi for so many years and even went to the point of lying to fans and asking Shinhye to continue pairing up with you to cover up all the rumors. But since we already announced it publicly, I think some things should be taken even more cautious of. You did not work hard to just be ruined by dating scandals.” He reminded him. “No, you did not work hard to be branded of using a member of a legendary group to cover up your dating rumors with Shinhye-ssi. And you do not deserve to be called a player or user because of this.” He added. “But it seems like I did that to Shinhye when we were trying to cover up my dating rumors with Joohyun.” He then said. “That’s why… I feel sorry for her when we talked today.” Yonghwa sighed and massaged his temple. His head is totally aching. “Yonghwa, we have to be very careful now. This industry is different from the other entertainment industries. You have more responsibilities now than before. I know you also don’t want your group or Seohyun-ssi’s group to be affected by these kinds of scandals.” He reminded once more. Yonghwa shook his head and closed his eyes. His mind wanders of so many thoughts. Seohyun must have seen the news and he has to tell her right away what happened. He also thought of his conversation with Shinhye that shocked him the most. He wanted to tell Seohyun about it but he doesn’t know if it would be the right thing. After all, Shinhye is still a good friend to him no matter what. He lifted his head and mumbled, “Sajangnim, I have something to tell and I don’t know what decision I should make.”

Seohyun was still at their dorm that night playing on the guitar she left there before moving out. She glanced at her unnies slouching at the couch in the living room watching some American series. “Glad they’ve gone tired pestering me about him calling me.” She thought to herself. Her unnies kept on asking and checking her if Yonghwa called her and explained the article to her. Since after they saw the news, they did not spare any moment asking her if th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter