On Giving Up

Jealousies and All
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hyung, you’re crazy.” Jungshin suddenly mumbled while the three of them are walking to their van. “Mworago? What did I do to you, Jungshin-ah?” Jonghyun stopped and asked the maknae. “Huh?” He asked back. “I am asking you what I did to you to say that I am crazy!” Jonghyun answered. “Hyung, don’t be stupid. Of course, it’s not you I am talking about. Are you our only Hyung?!” Jungshin said in a challenging tone. “Phew.” Jonghyun sighed. “I know. I am just trying to light up the mood.” He added and catches up to the dongsaengs. When they reached their van, their manager instructed Minhyuk to go home and take a rest since he has also schedule in the afternoon. Minhyuk will be one of the MC on the music show of Yonghwa’s first solo debut stage. “The production team will shoot few scenes also for Yonghwa-ssi’s Hologram. So they will hand you out some instruction.” Bruce added. Minhyuk just nodded. His thoughts are also drifting. “Yonghwa-ssi had been the strongest for all of you ever since you debuted. This time, you have to show him that during his lowest, you’ll also be stronger for him.” Bruce said while patting Minhyuk’s shoulder. “But Hyung, will he be okay?” Minhyuk asked worriedly. “Of course he will be. It is as if you don’t know your Hyung.” Bruce reassured Minhyuk and the two other members. Minhyuk said his good byes to them and was picked up by another agency van. After he left, Jungshin and Jonghyun rested inside the car and their minds thought of their Yonghwa Hyung.

“Jungshin-ah…”

“Mmm, Hyung?”

“I heard from manager Hyung that Yonghwa Hyung will have a small fan meeting during the broadcast.”

“Mwo? When? Why don’t I know that one?”

“When did you know everything? It seems you are always the last one to know.”

“Look who’s talking.”

“But seriously, Jungshin-ah.”

“Mmmm…?”

“You have no schedules today, right?”

“Yeah. I don’t have any schedule. Waeyo?”

“Maybe we can go to Hyung’s pre-recording debut stage today?”

“Mmmmm….”

“C’mon Jungshin-ah!”

“Say please, first?”

Jonghyun’s eyes widened at his request. He can’t believe he is even asking this favor to Jungshin knowing that this is actually not a favor for him but for Yonghwa. He sighed defeated. “Ahrasseo.” And the maknae smiled widely hearing he finally won over his Jonghyun Hyung.

“Jungshin-ah, can we please go to Hyung’s debut stage as a surprise?”

“Mmmm... where is your aegyo Hyung?”

“Jungshin-ah!!!”

“I’m just kidding Hyung! Of course, you don’t even need to ask me. This is the only thing we can do for him.”

Their manager Hyung listening to their conversation smiled and upon confirmation, immediately contacted the production team for their surprise appearance to cheer up Yonghwa. He knows Yonghwa will be fine. He had been managing the group for quite a while now. If there is one person who prioritizes professionalism first, it is the band’s leader, Jung Yong Hwa. “That’s why he ended up broken like today.” He muttered to himself.

“Despite his craziness, Hyung…” Jungshin said and shook his head.

“Ye. He is crazy, right?”

“I have no doubts. Imagine how he did not tell those details to Hyungsoonim?”

“Right. And the fact the Shinhye-ssi will appear on his Hologram as a surprise guest.”

“Surprise? It’s Sajangnim’s idea Hyung.”

“I know. They haven’t seen each other for almost a year and the company thinks seeing them together again will have the leaked video of Hyung and Hyungsoonim outdone. The fans went mad again after they saw that one. They think promoting with Shinhye-ssi will do well since most of our fans approve them as a couple.”

“Ha! Who would believe them? Shinhye-sunbaenim only passed by. Like 2-3 minutes of the whole episode? The episode will air for almost an hour? For what? To show to the fans that they have chemistry and all? How can they be so cheap in promoting Hyung? They still have this suspense teaser to them of who is the surprise guest? Ha! I can imagine now how Seohyun Hyungsoonim will react.”

He heard Jonghyun chuckled.

“Waeyo?”

“You’re not really close with Shinhye-ssi, maknae. Your tone implies you don’t like her either.”

“Ani. It’s not like that Hyung. I respect Shinhye noona and I admire her. You know that. You and Minhyuk might be the closest to her and I am not. But it doesn’t change the truth that I respect her. We’re civil, anyways. It’s just that… I despise the fact that we let this industry controls us.”

“But this is our world, Jungshin-ah. We decided to enter this market, like selling ourselves?”

“I know, Hyung. I know.”

“Maknae…”

“Mmmm…?”

“You’ll soon understand this when you’ll be in a relationship.”

“Hyung…”

“Mmmm…?”

“I have higher respects with Yonghwa Hyung rather than you.”

“Yaaaah!”

“Don’t be offended Hyung. At least Yonghwa Hyung stood up for his relationship with Seohyun Hyungsoonim despite both agencies disapproval few years ago. He did everything he can do to protect both of them, us and the band. He worked hard to prove to Sajangnim that everything will work out fine. Hm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter