Baby, It's Now or Never

Jealousies and All
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seohyun went inside the apartment as soon as she heard the door was unlocked. She was very much surprised when someone bumped into her while she was on her way to the living room. “Eomoni?!” She said surprisingly. “Oh my, sweetheart!” Yonghwa’s mother greeted surprisingly too. She immediately hugged Seohyun and she hugged her back. Yonghwa’s father heard his wife’s happy voice and rushed outside of Yonghwa’s bedroom thinking that it was his son. “Yonghw---Joohyun?” He was also surprised seeing her. “Abeonim?!” She blurted out amazed that Yonghwa’s parents are in Seoul forgetting to pay a bow to the elders. The three of them exchanged questionable looks with each other. “How come I did not know that they are coming to Seoul today?” She asked herself. Mr. Jung suddenly turned his attention at the shopping bags Seohyun is holding. She followed his gaze and she realized why she is there right now. “Ahhhh. Is Yonghwa oppa here, Abeonim?” She asked. “Is he not with you? We are just planning to surprise both of you tomorrow at your apartment. We decided to stay here for a while since we arrived earlier than planned. We called Yong’s manager to let him know.” He explained. She remembered that both of their parents don’t know that they are not in good terms as of the moment. The last thing they need is for their parents to interfere with their relationship. “He is very busy nowadays Abeonim and I also have schedules. We rarely meet and he is staying here for now.” She answered. “Oh. Is that so? Are you planning to cook for him?” Mrs. Jung asked her. “De, Eomoni. He made it to #1 spot today after a week of his solo debut and just to make sure that he’s eating edible foods.” The three of them laughed. “You know your son, Eomoni and Abeonim. But I guess I don’t need this anymore since you’re here now?” She added with all smiles. “As expected of my soon to be daughter in law, we’re happy that he is in good hands.” Mr. Jung commented that made Seohyun blushed since there were still no marriage plans being talked about between the two of them. “You can still cook it for him. Want me to help you?” She asked while dragging her to the kitchen. “Although I cooked bean paste stew already and also brought fresh seafoods but as what your Abeonim had said, we are planning to visit both of you tomorrow. We’re bringing it to your apartment. Can you also arrange your parents to go?” She asked again. Seohyun was startled hearing the plans of Yonghwa’s parents. If it were his parents’ request, Seohyun can’t say “No” for an answer. But this time, she has too. “Oh no, what would I do?” Seohyun asked herself. She remained silent for a while and Yonghwa’s mother noticed that she became speechless. “Joohyunnie?” She snapped her back to her senses. “Joohyun, sweetheart?” Again, she tried getting back her attention. “Huh?” Seohyun said. Two pairs of eyes curiously stared at her. Seohyun did not notice that Mr. Jung is already beside his wife also staring at her worriedly. “Are you okay, darling?” Yonghwa’s mother asked again. “De, Eomoni. I’m okay. I just thought that… Eh… I just thought that it would be better if you just spend your time with Yong oppa rather than having a small get together with us?” Seohyun asked courageously. She can’t find any excuses to Yonghwa’s parents to avoid the planned get together. “Wae?” She asked to her. “It’s just… Eomoni, I have Busan show soon and we are very much full packed with practices and also our group is doing a comeback for Korea and Japan as well. Besides, Yong oppa’s solo concert tour is starting soon.” She explained. “Mianhaeyo, Eomonim & Abeonim” She apologetically said to herself. It is true that she is also as busy as Yonghwa is, but making it as an excuse to avoid any chance of meeting him, she suddenly felt a pang of guilt inside. She is not yet ready for that. “Oh, right. We heard that. We told Yonghwa that we should see your musical in Busan.” She proudly said smiling at her and to her husband. “That’s right, Joohyun. I keep telling your Eomoni to have it consulted to you first since we know the situation. But she keeps on insisting.” He added. “Oh, that would be great Eomoni! I’ll let our manager know so we could arrange something. Oh, you would love it Eomoni!” She excitedly said trying to divert the topic. “But are you sure you and Yonghwa are okay?” Yonghwa’s mother then asked again sensing that something is not right. Everytime they forget to visit Seoul, it is the couple who will convince them to at least clear off her husband’s schedule so that they can visit them and spend time with the two of them along with Seohyun’s parents. This time, something must have happened. “Yes, Eomoni. Don’t think too much. We just have busy schedules.” She defended. “But still, I wanted to meet your parents again, sweetheart.” She said demanding like a baby. “Aish, you surely is Yong’s mother. We can visit them again anytime, ahrasseo?” Mr. Jung said assuring his wife. Seohyun breathed a little seeing that Mrs. Jung was convinced. She prayed that her manager or her unnies or anyone will call her suddenly. It as if the Heaven answered her. Her phone rang. “Eomoni, Abeonim mianhaeyo. Someone is calling. Can I take this call for a minute?” She asked. “Sure darling. Go ahead.” Yonghwa’s mother said and nodded. She bowed to both of them and walked to the living room to talk to answer the call. “Yoboseyo?”

Yonghwa looked at each corner of the apartment. “She’s not here.” He said sadly. His phone rang. He put down the bags of gogumas and the latte at the dining table. He took his phone and answered it. “Hyung! Where are you?!” He heard from the other line. “Jonghyun, why are you shouting?” He asked him curiously. “Ahh. Nothing Hyung, just got a little bit worried.” He answered. “Wae?” He asked again. “Ah.. I- I heard from Minhyuk and Jungshin that… that something happened?” Jonghyun answered stammering. “What happened?” Yonghwa again asked curiously. He remembered he did not say anything to Minhyuk and Jungshin. “Oh… That… Eerr…” Jonghyun answered trying to find words to say to his Hyung. Yonghwa sighed. “They must be checking on me again.” He whispered. “Eh, Hyung?” Jonghyun asked. “Look Jonghyun, I just dropped by somewhere and I’ll be there any minute from now. Ahrasseo?” He said. He heard Jonghyun breathed deep. “Ye, Hyung. See you.” Jonghyun answered and han

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter