Spaces In Between

Jealousies and All
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Tiff, have you seen this?” Taeyeon asked Tiffany while they are in the dressing room. They are currently preparing for their performance in Seoul Music Awards. Tiffany walked towards Taeyeon to see what she is talking about. Taeyeon showed it to her and nodded. “Of course. It was all over the news since yesterday.” Tiffany answered. “You think Joohyun knows this already?” She asked again. “I think so? She sent me a message this morning just to inform that she is on the way already. Joohyun will never say anything, you know her Tae.” Tiffany said. But before Taeyeon can speak again, they heard someone entered the room. “I have seen and read all the articles already, unnie. You don’t have to keep it from me.” Seohyun said upon entering the room. The two exchanged a worried look. “How are you now, Joohyun?” Taeyeon asked. “Never been this better.” She answered. “How is everything about you two?” Tiffany then asked pertaining to Yonghwa. Seohyun did not answer. Instead, she asked their stylist unnie. “Which will be our outfit today, unnie?” As much as possible, she wanted to avoid any confrontation or conversation that will include Yonghwa on the topic. She had enough for a while already. She just wants to be alone for the meantime. Before leaving her house yesterday, she prayed that no one will ask about her and Yonghwa since almost all artists of SM Entertainment knows their relationhip. “Maknae?” Tiffany called. “Waeyo, unnie?” She asked back. “When did you learn about this news?” Tiffany curiously asked showing the front page news of some entertainment websites about Park Shin Hye suprising Yonghwa on the premiere episode of his solo variety show, Hologram. Seohyun looked at the article from the iPad, raising her eye brows. “He told me.” She answered in a snap. Her unnies were surprised to hear it. “Yo- you talked already?” Taeyeon asked stuttering. “I don’t think it is called talking. I prefer saying that it is a very short conversation unnie.” Seohyun answered. “He really told you?! Wow! Daebak! Yonghwa-ssi is learning now. Though a bit late, but still. It’s good, it’s good.” Tiffany said smiling. “So… what did you say to him?” She added expectantly. “I am breaking up with him.” Seohyun answered and grabbed her performance outfits. She went straight to the dressing cubicle to change. Taeyeon and Tiffany were left speechless.

Few minutes passed of silence inside the room. Taeyeon left out a deep sigh. “Wae?” Tiffany asked. “I keep on looking back at the years when they are still starting as a couple. They had gone through all the ups and downs. And to think Tiff, I know why Joohyun is so upset now.” She answered. “Tae, just tell it to me completely.” Tiffany said. “Our Joohyun, unknown to the public is a very jealous person. Not that she is possessive or whatever, but I know that whenever she gets jealous, there is a reason.” Taeyeon added and waited for Tiffany’s response. “Goodness gracious, Tae! Don’t wait for my response. Keep going.” Tiffany shouted. “Park Shin Hye.” She said. Tiffany was curious. But then recalling all the years that they were together with the couple, there could only be one person their Maknae had been very jealous of. “Park Shin Hye.” Tiffany repeated the name with emphasis. Taeyeon looked at her and spoke, “Ye. You see, Maknae can get jealous easily. She whines about the other girl groups she heard talking about Yonghwa during album promotions. She sometimes complains about how close Yonghwa is to his hoobae, ChoA-ssi. Aigoo, this senseless dude. He even dares to tell stories to Joohyun on how he and ChoA-ssi would exchange nonsense humors that only two of them will understand. And sometimes, she even whimpers about how Yonghwa-ssi is closest to his other best friend named Tiffany Hwang.” Tiffany gave a questionable look at her. “Mwo?!” She shouted. Taeyeon nodded. “Jinjjaa? Aigoo, uri maknae. Khunnie will laugh once he heard this.” Tiffany said that made the two of them smiled. “She only does that. Whine, complain, gets frustrated and irritated. But only her can make our maknae this upset and angry.” Taeyeon added. “Ye. 4 years straight, Tae. 4 years.” Tiffany said. “I can’t judge Joohyun why she is acting like that now. Yonghwa-ssi might say that I am biased, but then thinking of it, Joohyun maybe had enough on this. 4 years is torture for both of them. If Yonghwa-ssi probably did not agree with their CEO and thought of other ways on how he can protect her, I could have understood him more. But then…” She said and shook her head. Tiffany chuckled.

“Sometimes, I don’t even know how I will understand him, too.” A voice said from the dressing cabin. Tiffany and Taeyeon looked at Seohyun who is already done changing to their performance clothes. “Unnie, I’m tired. I don’t even know if this is still worth fighting for.” She added and sat beside her unnies. Taeyeon grabbed her hands and squeezed it. “Don’t make decisions when you’re mad, Joohyun. We all know how much you love Yonghwa. And vice versa. Your relationship is always worth the fight.” Taeyeon answered. “But unnie, nothing changes. We are always like this when it comes to her. Yonghwa will always be connected to her no matter what we do, unnie.” She explained in a soft tone. “Joohyun, isn’t it about time to announce that you have been dating for 4 years already?” Tiffany asked. Seohyun immediately turned to look at Tiffany, her eyes questioning. Tiffany saw the worried look at their maknae’s eyes. “Yonghwa is working hard for his dreams unnie. It seems he still doesn’t want to ruin his image or do anything that will harm s. I always hear him say to the others that before he settles down and do things on his own, he wanted them to be independent first. I guess we are not yet that strong like you and Khun oppa.” She answered. “You are both making name in the industry now, especially Yonghwa-ssi. But what’s the deal? Sacrificing your relationship?” Tiffany asked again. Seohyun shook her head. Tiffany made a point but Seohyun is also uncertain if she already wanted to take the risks of announcing to everyone that she had been dating the CNBLUE leader, Jung Yong Hwa for 4 years now. “It is our choice to be discreet no matter how long it takes unnie.” She answered again. “Then bear the consequences Maknae. Sometimes, we have to bear the unbearable to protect the people and things we wanted to protect. You know what I mean, Joohyun.” Taeyeon said. “I don’t know unnie. I think I really need space now. Exhaustion is growing in me already, unnie.” Seohyun said trying to hold back her sobs. The two of them hugged Seohyun immediately when she started sobbing. “Joohyun…” Tiffany said. “Are we still worth fighting for?” Seohyun asked her unnies while crying.

Yonghwa’s solo debut stage has ended. He was on his way back to his agency. His solo stage was a success as well as the premiere episode of Hologram, his first one man variety show for album promotion. The staff had arranged a small fan talk to celebrate Jung Yong Hwa’s first solo album release through SNS. He agreed with the staffs to have it answered personally since he doesn’t want to go home. Whether he stays at his apartment or the apartment he and Seohyun owns, he always feels empty. He had visited their house but he tends to keep on thinking. He always ends up staying at the agency to find any diversion of his emptiness. His CNBLUE brothers are also quite busy with their individual activities. As soon as he reached the producing room, the staffs handed him his mobile phone so that they could start immediately. “You can still carry on?” Manager Bruce asked him since he can see all the weariness drawn on his face. Yonghwa nodded and smiled. “Gwenchanayo Hyung?” Minhyuk asked while entering the room. “Jonghyun Hyung is coming. He brought some foods from his café. Jungshin is with him. We will accompany you here tonight.” He added. Yonghwa looked at them and smiled again. He cannot utter any single word right now. His body is dead exhausted from a whole day schedule, he hasn’t eaten properly yet and he hasn’t had a good night sleep since Seohyun told him that they’re already through. Yonghwa sat down and started the fan talk event on SNS. “Just choose few questions and maybe an hour or two is enough, Yonghwassi. You must rest.” The staffs told him since they also wanted to finish it as early as possible because he still has schedules to attend for tomorrow. They know what Yonghwa is going through nowadays and the agency doesn’t want to take any risks of him getting sick. Yonghwa is now in the middle of enjoying the small fan talk event when Jonghyun and Jungshin came running. “Hyung!” They shouted. All of the staffs turned to look at them curiously. “Wae?” Minhyuk asked instead. “Hyung, SNSD manager noona have been calling you. Aigoo! She called us instead.” Jungshin said to their manager ignoring Yonghwa and the other people inside the room. Upon hearing it, Yonghwa stopped with what he is doing and stared blankly at the phone. Jonghyun noticed and pinched Jungshin’s ear. “Ouch, ouch, ouch! Hyunggg!” Jungshin shouted at Jonghyun. But he did not answer and just slightly punched Jungshin on his shoulder. “Wae?!” Jungshin asked again. Jonghyun pouted his lips directly pointing at Yonghwa who is currently sitting at Jungshin’s side. “Omo!” Jungshin blurted and covered his mouth. “Aigoo, you never learn Jungshin-ah!” Minhyuk then said and gave a head lock to him. “Alright, stop it kids.” Their manager said. “What is it Jungshin-ah? I wasn’t able to check my other mobile since Seohyunssi stopped communicating with Yonghwa---…” He added but was stopped when Jonghyun suddenly jumped in and covered his mouth. “Ahhhh! Jinjjaa! That kid there and this feeling kid right here just couldn’t shut their mouth. Don’t we have any sense in here?” Jonghyun asked and immediately looked at their Yonghwa Hyung. “Gwenchana, Jong. It’s fine.” Yonghwa said even without hearing any words from s. Jonghyun looked at his manager and bowed. “Mianhae Hyung.” He pinched the manager’s cheeks first before sitting at the couch. “What are you saying, Jungshin-ah?” Yonghwa then asked without leaving his eyes from the mobile phone. Minhyuk sighed and released Jungshin and also sat at the couch. “Now, speak.” Minhyuk ordered. Jungshin glared at him and Minhyuk just gestured to go on while glaring back at him. “Ehem.” Jungshin started. “Hyung, SNSD manager noona has been trying to reach you to inform Yonghwa Hyung some news.” He then said. “What news?” Their manager asked. “Seohyun Hyungsoonim fell off the stage after their performance in Seoul Music Awards awhile ago.” Jungshin answered calmy as if he is doing some story telling to a kid. Loud gasps were heard inside the room and Yonghwa turned pale. Their manager looked at him while he continuously stared blankly at his mobile. Their manager dialed a number to confirm the news to help Yonghwa ease a bit.

“How is she doing?”

“She is okay. You can inform Yonghwa-ssi not to worry. She tripped on the stage.”

“How is her ankle? Is she fine?”

“Ye. It was Taeyeon-ssi who fell on the stage. There were some problems with the stage arrangement.”

“Oh. I hope there are no serious injuries?”

“Ye. They are both resting now and we are on our way to Joohyun’s apartment. Other members are waiting there.”

“Alright. I’ll look for ways on how the boys can visit. Would it not be a bothersome?”

“Ani. It would be great though. Tell Yonghwa-ssi that everything is well taken care off. Ahrasseo?”

“De. Kamsamhinda.”

“De.”

Yonghwa looked at their manager as soon as he heard them hang up. “You can breathe now, Yonghwa-ssi.” He said and walked towards Jungshin who looks confused. “Wae? Hyungsoonim fell off the stage and you’re saying that he can breathe now? Should we go there now, Hyung?” Jungshin asked to Yonghwa. Yonghwa did not respond but their manager smacked Jungshin on the head. “Ouch! Hyung!” He complained. “You’re giving heart attack to your Hyung! Could you at least report the news with correct information?” Their manager replied. “Waeyo?” He again asked. “Seohyun-ssi tripped on the stage. No harm done. It was Taeyeon-ssi who fell off.” He answered. Upon hearing the correct information, Jonghyun and Minhyuk alternatively smacked Jungshin. “Ya, ya! That is why I told you to let manager noona finish first before rushing here!” Jonghyun said. “But Hyung, is Taeyeon-ssi alright? I mean, no injuries right? She was not hurt? No problem at all?” He continuously asked and received continuous nod from their manager. “Seriously Hyung!” Minhyuk said talking to Jonghyun. Jonghyun blushed realizing what he just asked. “You, jashik! You’re killing us with a heart attack!” Minhyuk then said to Jungshin. “Hey, stop bullying me! If my fans will know this, they’ll probably kill you both!” Jungshin said. The two of them stopped. Jungshin looked up and smiled. “Ha! See? I know you’ll get threatened.” He said while confidently fixing his hair and clothes. “Jinjja? Your fans? Your fans? Come here, jashik!” Jonghyun said and Jungshin ran seeing his Hyung throwing fist at him. “Yaaa!!! I’m serious!” He shouted while running across the room. “Minhyuk-ah!!!” He shouted for help. “You deserve that Jungshin-ah. I’m already sparing you. Be happy it is only Jonghyun Hyung.” Minhyuk answered and all of the people in the room laughed hard, except for one person. “Hey kids, stop running around. I’ll just finish a couple more of fan questions and will just take our dinner at the old dorm. I’m exhausted.” Yonghwa said without looking at all of them.

Meanwhile at the couples apartment where TTS went straight, “Unnie, are you okay?” Seohyun asked Taeyeon after hanging up from a phone call for KTR with Ryeowook of SuJu. “De. Our company doctor will be here in a bit. I’ll be fine.” She answered and smiled at the SNSD members. “Are you sure?” Sooyoung asked. “Very sure. How about you Joohyun-ah? You almost fell.” Taeyeon asked their maknae who almost fell off the stage too due to some stage arrangement failure. “Don’t worry about me, unnie. I just tripped.” Seohyun answered. “Gwenchana? Have a seat here. You shouldn’t be walking around.” Yuri said to Seohyun. “I’m fine, unnies. Seriously. My ankles are okay and I am okay.” She insisted. “She has musical show tomorrow, will she be alright?” Hyoyeon turned to ask their manager unnie. “Taeyeon unnie fell off the stage and I just tripped. I think the attention should be on hers?” Seohyun confusingly said. “Guys, cut it out. I know it isn’t her ankle we are worrying about. It’s her heart.” Tifanny blurted out. All of the SNSD members glared at her. Their manager unnie who is sipping a cup of tea choked. “Ya! I know now from whom Jungshinnie took his careless mouth.” Sunny said that made everyone laugh. “At least, Jungshin chingu and I are telling the truth.” Tifanny defended. “Jeongmal? I thought consideration and honesty are very far from each other’s meaning?” Sooyoung answered. Tiffany, knowing that she will definitely not win over her co-members pouted as a sign of defeat. “Oppa invited me out on my free schedule.” Seohyun said that broke the short silence in the living room. They all looked at her confused. “Oppa? Oppa means Yonghwa oppa?” Yoona asked. “No.” She immediately answered in a soft tone. “Then it must be Kyuhyun? It’s good. I know he’ll help you patch things up with Yong.” Taeyeon said while trying to stand. “Actually, it’s not him either.” Seohyun again answered immediately. “Nugu?!” Sunny asked excitedly. “Hmmmn… You don’t call Jinwoon oppa, for goodness sake. Heechul?!” Yuri said. Seohyun shakes her head. “Aigoo maknae, you’re giving us suspense!” Sooyoung exclaimed. “Joo Jin Mo oppa?” She then answered. All their mouths formed an “O”. No one dared to blurt out any words for a moment. “Earth to SNSD?!?!” Seohyun said while snapping her fingers. “Jeongmal?!?!” Sunny and Yoona asked in a surprise tone. “Jinjja?!” Sooyoung and Hyoyeon both exclaimed unbelievably. “Are you sure?” Yuri and Taeyeon calmy asked. “Like seriously, Seo Joo Hyun?!” Tiffany shouted. Seohyun was a bit startled with how her unnies reacted. “Waeyo? Is there something wrong if I will go out with him?” She asked. “First of all Joohyun, you are engaged with Yong-…” Tiffany answered but was cut by Sooyoung. “Hey, don’t exaggerate. They are still not engaged.” She corrected. “Oh well, not officially but nonetheless, it just needs to be official Sooyoung. Like hello?! They’re living together?!” She emphasized. Her co-members sighed. Keurae, because even if they are not officially engaged; Seohyun is still with Yonghwa- living together for how many years now. “Girls, give her a break. I believe she deserves a small treat for herself. She’s been tiring herself too much. And I believe, pardon me Joohyun for this but Yonghwassi is not capable of taking care of her right now. Joo Jin Mo is single besides he is a sunbae. There is nothing wrong with that. I guess the media will not waste on too much effort to trail her.” Their manager said. “But unnie?!” Tifanny argued. “No more buts Tiff, I trust Joohyun. Right Joohyun-ssi?” Manager unnie asked getting a reassurance from Seohyun. “De. Gomawoyo unnie.” Seohyun answered smiling. “Alright. You all b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter