She's no you

Song Inspired One-shots

She's No You

 

 

 

"Yoona there's this weirdo down by the science fiction section." Yuri made a face. "Go see what he wants." She always gave me the people she didn't want to deal with. Which usually was the nerdy guys, loud girls, and the elderly.

"Neh." i grabbed a couple of books that belonged in that section so i could put them away while i helped out the guy. I kept my eyes opened for the guy Yuri was talking about. "Excuse me." I tapped on the guy's shoulder. He looked away from the shelves of books. "Do you need help finding a book." He sighed and shook his head. He looked a bit disappointed and i knew what it was. "You wanted the other liberian to come, didn't you." He looked at me and nodded.

Yuri's habit was well known through the university, especially by the guys. Most of them would only come here to find out if they were hot or not. She was the popular girl on campus that worked part time at the library... and my best friend. Though i wasn't as popular like her that never got in the way of our friendship.

"Sorry." he bowed.

"Don't be." i smiled. "She was busy and i had books to put away." I showed him. "Maybe next time." He nodded. I started to put books away. He stood there looking at the books with a blank expression on his face. I felt sorry for the guy. "I can call her over to help you."

"No." he shook his head and sighed.

"Well then..." I placed the last book in it's right spot and smiled at him. "if you need anything please come to the front desk and i'd be happy to help you." i bowed.

"I'm Kyuhyun." he suddenly blurted out, causing me to stop and face him. He bit his lip and looked at me.

I smiled. "I'm Yoona." I bowed. "Nice to meet you." He nodded his head. Since he didn't say anything else i felt awkward. "See you around then." i bowed once more before leaving, heading back to the front desk.

"Did you find out what he wanted?" Yuri asked while fixing her hair. I sat down next to her and took the mirror out of her hands. "Hey." she pouted.

"The poor guy was waiting for you." i said to her.

"Me?" i nodded. "Why me?"

"You know very well why you." i shook my head. "Why couldn't you just help him out?"

"Yoona." She looked at me seriously. "I can't ruin the reputation i have here. Everyone expects me to..."

"I know." i sighed. "But he looked heart broken." I looked in the direction of the science fiction section. "He wasn't that bad looking."

"Are you kidding me." She chuckled. "What boy in his right mind has curly hair? And you know i don't even go near the science fiction section."

"Then how did you know he was there." i poked her side.

"I had to pass by and he was just standing there... looking weird." she sat up straight. "Anyways if he just came in here to be judged by me then.... oh look it's Jae oppa." She stood up and dusted off her black skinny jeans. "I'll talk to you later."

"Yuri..." she power walked away before i could even stop her. I sighed and continued to clear books on the computer.

"Ahhh finally the work day is over." Yuri smiled as she stretched out her arms in the air. She squealed when she saw the group waiting outside for her. "Jae oppa waited." I smiled as i saw her run towards him.

"Hey." He smiled as she hugged him. "The guys and i are going to the club. Wanna come?" he asked her.

She instantly turned to look at me. "Yoona, you want feel like going to a club?" Jae didn't look to happy with her idea.

I shook my head. "I have an essay to write." i lied. "But you can go ahead."

"But how will you get home?" She asked worried. "It's not safe for a girl to walk alone." She looked at Jae.

"Jae hyung can give you a ride." One of his friends, Changmin, offered with a smile. "We don't mind."

Once again i couldn't ignore the sour look on Jae's face. "That's ok." Jae lightly pulled Yuri to get in the car.

"There's no way i'm letting you walk home alone." She insisted.

"I'm not walking home alone. I'm going with...." I looked around and noticed the guy from the science fiction section sitting on the stairs listening to his ipod. "I'm going with him." I pulled him up. He looked surprised and confused.

"Curly haired werido?" Yuri questioned.

I nodded. "So don't worry about me." i smiled. "Go have fun."

"Ok." She gave in. "I'll see you back at the dorm then." She waved as she got into the car. I waved until i saw the car disappear. I didn't even realize i was holding onto the guy's arm the whole time.

"Oh, sorry." i apologized. "I didn't mean to bring you into this but i needed to convince her that it was ok for me to go home. Sorry."

"It's ok." he smiled awkwardly.

"Well then... good bye." i bowed and started walking away.

"Uhhh..." he suddenly yelled. I turned to look at him. "W-would you like to eat dinner with me? There's a little ramyun shop a couple of blocks down."

I smiled because i could never turn down food. "Sure." I waited for him to catch up and let him lead the way.

We ordered a bowl of ramyun and water. I took off my jacket and let it hand on the back of the chair and began to dig in. And while i was enjoying the food he looked like he was having a hard time breathing.

"Are you ok?" i asked. He quickly nodded and started eating. "You look uncomfortable." i pointed out.

"Why didn't you go with your friends?" he asked.

I stirred the noodles around with the chopstick. "They aren't my friends. They're Yuri's friends, and Jae doesn't like me at all. His friends don't seem to have a problem with me, but for some reason i bug the hell out of Jae." i laughed. "I think he can't get over the fact that Yuri is friends with someone like me."

"Someone like you?" he questioned.

"Yeah." I put my chopsticks down. "You know.... smart. It blows his mind that people like me exist." i joked. "No, i mean... well you've seen Yuri. She's beautiful, y, likes to party and knows what to wear. While i'm just... plain." i laughed.

"Plain." he repeated.

"Yeah." i nodded a little sadly as i began to wonder why Yuri was friends with someone like me. I quickly shook that thought out of my mind and looked back at Kyuhyun. "So Kyuhyun-shii." He turned to look at me with noodles hanging out of his mouth. "Aigoo, how cute." he slightly blushed and turned away. "Why don't you tell me about yourself Kyuhyun-shii? I feel like i've been the one doing all the talking and you're just listening. You must be getting tired of my voice."

"I don't mind." he quickly stated. "I like to listen."

I stared at him. "I like you already." i joked. "But seriously Kyuhyun-shii tell me about yourself. If we're going to continue this friendship then i have to know a little about you."

"Friendship?"

"Well yeah..." I smiled brightly at him. "Anyone who treats me to food is a friend to me." he finally smiled. "Oh!"

He jumped up and looked at me. "What is it?" he asked worried.

"You smiled." i pinched his cheeks. "How cute." He quickly blushed and looked away to hide his face.

 

>>> 2 Years Later<<<

 

"Hey Yoona." Yuri walked up to the front desk. She was late for work... again. She sat next to me and the computer. Big black sunglasses covered half of her face. "Sorry i'm late."

"This is the third time this week i've had to cover for you." i sighed. Her sunglasses were really bugging me. "I hate those glasses they look like bug eyes..." i tore them off of her. "What the..." she had a black eye.

"Give that back." she snatched them away and put them back on.

"Who did that to you?" i almost yelled out. "Did Jae..."

"No." She was quick to defend, but i knew she was lying... she knew that i knew she was lying. "He didn't mean to."

"Uh huh." I shook my head. "Just like he didn't mean to leave a bruise on your arm three weeks ago?"

"He didn't." she continued to defend him. "It was my fault. I made him mad and..."

"Yuri." I cut her off. "How many movies did we see about abusive relationships?" i asked.

"5" she answered.

I motioned to the library. "We're in the freakin library. Pick up a book on abusive relationships and you'll see all the signs of..."

"I..."

"Yuri!" a voice yelled. She suddenly turned pale and she gripped the arm rests of the chair.

"J-Jae oppa." she stuttered.

"I thought you were going to call in sick today." He stood in front of her, the desk was the only gap between them. "Well?"

"I..." She was clearly afraid to answer. "I can't miss another day of work." He slammed his hand on the desk. She jumped up a bit and hugged herself.

"I think you should go." i stepped up.

"What?" he looked at me like i had just insulted him by speaking to him.

"Well someone is hard of hearing." i stepped closer. "I said you should go." I said it loud and clear.

"Yoona." Yuri grabbed my arm.

"Yuri is done with you." i added. "If i see you near her again then..."

"No." She shook her head. "Jae oppa don't listen to her. I'm sorry i'll tell them that..." His hand reached over the desk and grabbed her hair. "Oppa!"

"Let her go." A hand grabbed Jae's wrist. Jae turned to look at him. It was Kyuhyun. "I talked with security and they agreed to wait for you outside. I don't want to cause a scene for Yuri's sake." he continued to look him in the eye. "Let her go and go meet with the security guards outside." Jae finally released Yuri and walked away. "You ok?" He asked Yuri.

She quietly nodded with tears in her eyes. "Thank you." She practically jumped over the desk to hug him. "Thank you so much."

He smiled and hugged her back. "No problem."

"Kyu..." i finally called out for his attention. "Do you mind walking us home tonight? He had that look in his eye like it wasn't over."

"Sure." He nodded. "No problem." Yuri wouldn't let go of him. "Yuri?" She continued to cry.

"Do you mind?" i asked. "She won't let go of you until she's all cried out." He nodded and continued to let her hug and cry on him.

Hours later it was time for us to go home. "Thank you so much Kyuhyun oppa." Yuri was still holding onto his arm. "I'm sorry about your shirt. I'll buy you a new one."

"It's ok."

"You don't talk much do you." Yuri cracked a smile.

"In the 2 years that i've known him when he confronted Jae was the most i've heard him say." i laughed. "But that's why why i like him. I have so much to say and he's a great listener."

"Wait." Yuri suddenly stopped. "Are the two of you.... you know.... dating?"

Kyuhyun shook his head. "No." i answered a bit sadly but it went unnoticed by the both of them.

"Great." Yuri whispered and linked her arm around Kyuhyun. "Oppa, how about i treat you to some ice cream for saving my back there."

He nodded. "Yoona..."

"She has homework to do." She quickly answered for me. "Right Yoona." She pleaded with her eyes.

"Yeah." I lied. "I've got a history paper to write. You guys have fun." i waved at them as i walked away.

Two weeks went by and i started see less of Kyuhyun and Yuri. And that was because they were always together. I saw Yuri at the dorm and at work but other than that she always had to go meet Kyuhyun somewhere.

I sat at the front desk playing on the computer since it was a slow day, and suddenly my phone rang. "Hello?"

"Yoona?"

"Yuri where are you i've been..."

"Sorry Yoona, i won't be able to go into work today so please let the boss know. I'm getting couple rings." She squealed. "But tell her that i'm sick or something. Oh got to go. Bye." she hung up.

I sighed and continued to play on the computer. "Miss can i check out this... oh... i'll come back later."

"Huh?" i stood up and watched as they walked away. "What was his problem?" i touched my face and noticed my cheeks were wet. "What the.... How the hell did that happen?"

"You're crying." i turned around and saw Kyuhyun standing there with his hands behind his back. "You ok?"

"Fine." i answered. "Must be my allergies."

"I didn't know you had allergies." he chuckled.

"Neither did i but what else could it be." i wiped my tears away. "I thought you were with Yuri."

"I was." he answered. "But she said she had a surprise for me." he sighed as he leaned on the desk. "What are you doing?"

"Working." i answered. "Isn't it obvious?"

"Not really." he sighed. "You look like you were playing on the computer."

"Part of the job." I laughed. "It's a slow day today so i get to play some games on the computer."

"Can i play?" He rested his head on his hands.

I shook my head. "Nope. You don't work here." I smiled. His phone suddenly rang. He dug it out of his pocket and looked at it. "Yuri?" he nodded as he started texting her back. It took me a couple of months to get his number.

"I have to go." he said while stuffing his phone into his pocket. "See you tomorrow?"

"Yeah." i smiled as i waved at him.

"Bye Yoona." the head librarian waved at me as i walked out. I waved back at her and then headed out. It was a cold night and pretty dark.

"Aigoo..." I pulled my jacket closer to me. "Today is just not my day." i frowned as i started walking down the street.

"Hey." i jumped and turned around.

"Don't do that." I placed my hand over my chest while glaring at Kyuhyun. "You scared the living day lights out of me. I thought you were a drunk ert." He chuckled. "Oh your laughing now but i doubt you would be laughing when i put you in a head lock and kicked you where the sun don't shine." He smiled and started walking with me. "Something wrong?"

He shook his head. "Why does something have to be wrong?"

"Well you said that you would see me tomorrow so i didn't expect to see you tonight." i pointed out and looked around. "Where's Yuri?"

"At a party i think."

"You didn't go with her?"

"No?"

"Why?"

"Who was going to walk you home?"

"My feet."

"That's not funny."

"It was a little funny."

"No."

"Joy kill." I rolled my eyes playfully. "But seriously you didn't have to walk me home."

"I know." He kicked a rock. "But i wanted to." We walked down a block and he suddenly stopped and grabbed my wrist. "Hey, let's go to that ramyun shop."

I smiled. "Sure."

"Mmmm..." I smelled the spicy noodles. "Smells so good." I broke my chopsticks and started poking around.

"Yoona."

"Hmm?" i answered without looking at him. Suddenly he pushed a pink box to my side of the table. "What's this?" i asked with a mouth full of noodles.

"Open it." he motioned.

I cleaned my hands on the napkin and opened it. Two silver couple rings were inside. My heart dropped. "They're beautiful." i looked up at him. "Yuri will love them."

"Yuri?" I nodded. "They're....for you.....and me." He lowered his head.

"Huh?" I wave of confusion hit me. "For me? You? Me? Us? We?..........Huh?" i shook my head and decided i should form complete sentences. "What about Yuri."

"Couples usually mean two people i don't think..."

"Don't smart mouth me boy." I wiggled my finger at him. "That's my job." He chuckled. "I thought you and Yuri were...." He said nothing. So i pushed the box back. He looked at me confused. "I'm nobody's second choice Kyuhyun."

"Wha..."

"It's always been Yuri." i sighed. "The first day i met you... you wanted Yuri to show up to help you, but you got stuck with me. You always asked me how Yuri was and if she was still hanging out with Jae. And that day when Jae man handled Yuri... that was the most i've ever heard you say." i bit back tears. "For a week you and her just clicked and.... it took you less time to become friends with her than it did for you to be comfortable around me." I stood up from my chair. I could feel a hot ball build in my throat. It was stuck. "I have to go." I managed to say and left without looking back.

"Yoona!" Kyuhyun yelled after me. "Yoona wait!" He grabbed my arm and spun me around. "Why are you running?"

"I just felt like it." i gave a nervous chuckle. "Sometime i get these urges to just run. I think i should join a marathon."

"Yoona, Yuri and i are..."

"I know." i stopped him. "Yuri is beautiful, fun, she has the body every girl would want and she... god she is just perfect. So i understand you perfectly but i will not be second...."

His soft lips pressed onto mine in an instant. I felt like everything was spinning. His hands cupped my face as he tried to deepen the kiss. Was i even touching the ground?

"You..." he breathed out. "were never second choice." He cupped my face again and forced me to look at him. "You were never second choice." He repeated. "Never."

"But..."

"That day in the science fiction section of the library i did want Yuri to come and help me, but only because i knew that she only help those who... well looked like Jae. And if she would come and help me then i knew that i was good enough to approach you." I stared at him as he spoke to me. "And when you pulled me up that night, had ramyun with me... and called me your friend..." He laughed. "I knew no one... not even Yuri... was as special as you." A tear fell from my eye. "For me there is no one else but you. You are perfect. For me, no one can ever compare to you."

I wiped my wet cheeks. "It feels weird."

"What does?" he looked a bit worried.

"Being the one to listen for once." i laughed. "You talk to much." He chuckled and pulled me for a kiss.

__________________________________

A/N: If theres a couple you want to see go ahead and request them (and if you have a song in mind put that down too)