We're all Silly

Song Inspired One-shots

"We can't do this." she pushed him away, but he held onto her wrist. He stared at her while she avoided his gaze. "Please." she begged him, but he knew better.

"I love you." he said calmly. "And i know you love me too." he pulled her a little closer. His free hand traced down the side of her face. He never wanted to be apart from her. He didn't want to stop seeing those deep brown orbs looking back at him. He wanted those rosie pink lips to melt onto his forever. "How can you ask me to stop?" he asked her innocently.

"This is wrong." she insited even though she shuddered at his touch. She closed her eyes to try to gain control of herself. "We're going to hurt those around us." she explained.

A small smile appeared on his lips. "Why do you still pretend to love him?" he tilted his head to the side to see her face better. He wanted to look her straight in the eyes.

That cause her to finally look at him. Neither of them said a word after that. They were both in relationships. The four of them were friends. Neither of them dared to hurt their partners, but everything has its limit.

He closed his eyes and rested his forehead on hers, taking in her sent. If it were possible they would stay like this forever... but it wasn't. Finally he opened his mouth to speak.

"I'll tell her." she slowly separated herself from him. " Then we'll meet tomorrow at 3 at our spot...I want to be with you." he stated as he cupped her face into his hands. "I want to be with you." he repeated, just incase she didn't hear the first time.

Without another word she watched him leave to attend to his girlfriend. She stood there staring in the direction he headed and placed her hand on her chest. Her heart was racing. She took a deep breath and headed back to her boyfriend, who was passed out.

~

She made her cup of coffee to relax her nerves. Her boyfriend continued to watch t.v. and paid no attention to her as she sat down next to him. She stared at him for a while. She's not sure when but he feelings slowly started to change. She still cared for him, but she was no longer in love with him. She no longer felt that spark in the pit of her stomach like when she was with him. She cleared and shook her head to rid herself of any thoughts of him, she took a sip from her coffee and set it down on the coffee table.

~

He sat on their bed and waited for his girlfriend to come in. His hands were sweaty so he rubbed them on his pants and tried to relax himself. He closed his eyes and slowly the vision of her smiling face appeared. He smiled to himself. His girlfriend finally came in trying to pin her hair up before going to bed. She started telling him about the gossip with her group of friends at work. He stared at her as she spoke, but he couldn't hear her. His heart was racing. She sat down next to him on the bed. This was it.

"I have something to tell you..."

*

*

She looked at her phone. It was already 15 minutes pass 3 and there she was waiting for him and their spot. She sat down and rested her back against the wall and closed her eyes while she waited. The scene from last night played in her head once again...

She cleared and shook her head to rid herself of any thoughts of him, she took a sip from her coffee and set it down on the coffee table. She took one last look at the side of her boyfriend's face and opened .

"There's something i want to tell you." she tried to keep her voice from cracking. She was sure that this was what was best for not just her but for her boyfriend as well. She couldn't keep lying to him that she loved him when she didn't. "I think we should break up."

He finally looked at her. Speechless. She looked down at her hands that we placed on her lap. And after taking a deep breath she looked up once more to meet his face. He looked at her heartbroken. It hurt her to see him looking at her like that, but she could no longer lie to him, and more importanty herself.

2 hours passed and still no sign of him. She stood up and looked out at the crowd below. Her heart was now completely shattered. Tears slowly started to roll down. He wasn't coming.

*

*

"Come on." his girlfriend waved him over as they walked over to a small stand of jewlery.

He sighed as he made his way over to her with his hands in his pocket. As he stared at the back of her head he remember last night.

He stared at her as she spoke, but he couldn't hear her. His heart was racing. She sat down next to him on the bed. This was it.

"I have something to tell you..." She turned her head to face him. Her innocent eyes looked a little worried. He stared at her. She tilted her head waiting for him to say what he wanted to say. He couldn't do it. "Uh, n-nothing let's go to bed." He forced a smile. She quickly responded to his smile and nodded her head. They laid down in bed and while she quickly slipped into a deep sleep he stayed up and stared at the clock.

The vibration of his phone brought him back to reality. He took one look at the ID and made sure his girlfriend was busy. Then he opened it to read the text message.

Message Sent @ 5:00 p.m.

I'm not showing up. We're only going to hurt them and each other... We're all silly to sacrafice in a love that has no future...

He stared at the text message before looking back up at his girlfriend. He placed the phone back into his pocket and slowly walked towards her. The last sentence of the text message replaying in his head.

--------------

A/N:

Hoped you all enjoyed. I was thinking about continuing it for another chaper or two, but i wasn't sure. What do you think? Yes or leave it as it is?