Song Inspired One-shots

Song Inspired One-shots

Chasing Cars

 

 

 

 

"Yoona honey." My mother called out. "Yoona go outside and play."

"But it's cold." I pouted.

"Then put on a jacket and ride your bike to the park or something." she pushed my coat to me and pulled me out of my room. "Here's money for snacks if you get hungry. Don't talk to strangers." She closed the door in my face.

"Where's the girl?!" an angry voice asked.

"She's at the park." my mother answered. "Come on i'll fix you something to eat."

"You in !" i backed away from the door and grabbed my bike. My mother yelled for him to stop. I couldn't move. I stared at the door. If i went in... then i would get burn marks on my stomach again. He didn't do much to my mother but....

"Yoona?" a voice called out to me. I looked around and saw nothing.

"Great now i'm hearing things." I grabbed my head and touched the spot where i hit it when i was trying to run away from him.

"Up here Yoona." i looked up in our neighbors treehouse and saw my neighbor Changmin waving at me. "Come on."

I walked my bike into his backyard. "I thought you said no girls allowed." I glared at him. "You even threw pudding fill balloons at me."

"Sorry." he apologized. "Heechul hyung made me." he sighed. "What are you doing? Going to go bike ridding? But it's cold... and late."

I looked away. "I can't be home right now."

"Then come on up." he smiled. "I have chips, cookies, and books.... well i use the books as plates but you can read them if you want."

"Is this a trick or something." I raised an eyebrow. "I'm going to get into a lot of trouble if i get home dirty."

He shook his head. "I lonely up here." he admitted. "Heechul hyung found a better treehouse than mine and won't come over anymore." he looked down at me. "So you wanna come up and play?"

I could hear the faint sound of a door slamming in my house. "Sure." i put my bike down and started climbing up the tree. "Wow." i couldn't help but be jealous. "It's pretty."

"Yah." he stopped me. "It's not pretty. It's awesome." He corrected me. "Guys can never have pretty things. Hasn't your dad ever told you that?"

"I don't have a dad." i answered while looking at his snacks.

"Oh really?" he didn't believe me. "Then who's that guy that lives in your house?"

I looked back at him. "My mom's boyfriend."

"Huh?"

"My dad left my mom before i was born." i explained. "This guy married my mom because he'd loved her since the first time he saw her...but he doesn't love me."

"What do you mean." he asked.

"He's not my father so he doesn't love me." i sighed. "He drinks some sour drink and then... well he shows me how much he hates me."

"Sour drink?" he asked. "Oh you mean beer? Yeah my dad has some of those when we have a BBQ." he smiled. "He said when i grow up i can drink with him."

"That drink is no good." i frowned at him. "It makes people mean." I took an angry bite out of the cookie.

"So... how old are you exactly?" He asked.

"I'm 8." i smiled happily and showed him with my hands. "My mom says i'm really smart for my age."

"Your only 8?" i nodded. "Then you have to call me oppa."

"Why?" i frowned. "How old are you?"

"I'm 10." He stuck out his tongue at me. "And my mom says that.... well she says that smarts skips a generations sometimes.... whatever that means." he rolled his eyes. "Want a grape soda?" He lifted up the lid of the cooler and handed me one. "So what do you say."

"To what?" i asked confused.

"To being my friend?" he smiled. "Heechul hyung just used me for my treehouse... and i think you're cool." He lifted his soda can in the air. "Friends?"

I noticed that the whole time i was there i forgot that my mom was probably arguing with my step dad inside. There was no more noise coming from the house, so that had to mean that he was passed out already. "Friends." I tapped my soda can with his.

 

 

>>10 years later<<

 

"Finished." I smiled as i looked at all of my pictures that i posted on my wall. Most of them were of Changmin, but there were a couple of girls i met in school that i was really close to. "Perfect."

"Get out here girl!" he screamed while banging on my door. "DIDN'T YOU HEAR ME? GET OUT HERE RIGHT NOW!!!"

"Please just come into the kitchen and eat something." My mother tried reasoning with him.

"GET OUT OF MY WAY!" he ordered. No doubt he shoved her out of the way. The banging on the door continued. I had no intentions on opening that door. Usually he would just tire himself out and go into his room and sleep. But i guess a door can only take so much before it finally breaks down.

"Yoona run." My mother advised but he was already in. I ran to the door but he caught me by my hair. He dragged me out of my room and threw me into his room. "What are you doing?" my mother asked desperately. "What are you..." her voice was cut off when the door was slammed shut. I heard the clicking sound and i knew that he had locked the door. "Yoona! Yoona! Just don't fight back! It'll only be worst if you fight back!"

Tears left my eyes. How could she say that? I laid on the floor until i felt him get a hold of my hair once more and lift me up off the ground. His clothes smelled dirty but i knew he was in his right mind. He hadn't had too much to drink today so this was pure hate that was making him do this. "You stupid !" he yelled at me as he threw me into the wall.

I protected my head from hitting it, but it still hurt like hell. I fell to the floor with a loud 'THUD' and his shadow casted over me. The sound of a lighter being lit filled the room. My eyes grew wide and i looked up at him. He lit his cigarette and looked down at me. I closed my eyes and waited for it to be over.

"Just go to your friends house for the night." My mother handed me my bag carefully. "And don't forget to tell them..."

"That i fell down on my bike." i finished for her. "I know." I turned and started walking away. I heard the door close before i was even out of the yard. I tried my best to walk normal instead of limping.

"Hello Yoona." i stopped.

"Oh, hello Mrs. Shim." i bowed even though it hurt. I smiled brightly at her. "How are you?"

"Fine." She answered with a smile. "Where are you headed?" I shrugged. She took one look at me and i know she knew. "Why don't you come inside and rest. Changmin will be back soon. He's with his father fishing."

"No it's ok..."

"Come on." She cut me off and took my bag from me. "Let's go inside and put some ice on your lip."

Hours later Changmin walked into his room as i sat by the window. "Hey, my mom said you were up here." He tried to clean up and hide all the dirty posters of girls and cars.

"It's funny." i said without looking at me. "All this time i thought you were gay." I watched as cars passed by the house. "You don't have to hide them Changmin... i've seen them all."

"Yeah well i would feel less awkward if they weren't here." he hid them under his bed. I knew he was looking around to see what else he could hide.

"I put away your boxers already, so you don't have to worry about those." i huffed out hot air onto the window and drew a smiley face.

"You what?! Yah, how can you touch a man's underwear?" He asked.

"Oh please." I turned to look at him with a bored expression. "You're not a man... You're Changmin."

"What happened to your lip?" He asked and i suddenly remembered and quickly smiled.

"You know how clumsy i am." i moved his hand away. "So did you catch anything? Or did you and your dad just go down to the fish market and put fishes into your cooler to fool your mom and save that male pride of yours."

"I caught a fish." He sat on his bed. "It's boring but my dad said it's not about the fish it's about father son bonding." He looked at me. "But if that's the case then why don't we do something fun like go to a baseball game or something. Who says that male bonding has to be boring?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Hey you two." his mother walked in with cookies and milk. "I brought the two of you a snack."

"Thanks mom." Changmin smiled brightly at the warm chocolate chip cookies.

"Yoona do you want to spend the night?" she asked. "I could fix the living room for you and Changmin." Changmin looked at me and nodded, so i nodded as well. "Ok." She smiled and walked out.

Changmin handed me a cookie. "My mom really likes you. Sometimes i think she likes you more than she likes me."

"Your mom is nice." I smiled. "She just likes me because i'm a good influence on you. You use to be a loser before you met me." i laughed.

"A loser?" He raised and eyebrow. I giggled and nodded. "We'll see who the loser is..." he started tickling me and i tried to block him, but i couldn't because i was laughing too hard. I laid down on his bed and he hovered over me. I continued to laugh but i noticed he stopped.

"What's wrong?" i tilted my head and stared up at him. He said nothing, so i moved the hair out of his face and made a goofy face at him. He finally cracked a small smile. I sighed and stared at him. "You're such a loser Changmin." I continued to tease.

"I love you." before i could even react to his confession he leaned in for a kiss. A sweet soft kiss.

Suddenly i didn't feel pain anymore.

 

>>A year later<<

 

"Yoona!" My mother screamed. I dodged the glass vase being thrown at me. It shattered and shards flew everywhere. A few managed to cut my cheek. I was out of breath as i slid down the wall.

"SHUT UP!" he yelled at her. The door slammed shut. And once again i was alone in the room with him. I closed my eyes and prepared myself for the worst. I heard him snap his belt in his hands. He chuckled.

My eyes shot open. This has gone on long enough. I glared at him and stood up. My hand reached for whatever was close by. A sterling silver picture frame. And i threw it at him. The frame hit him on the head and i took it as an opportunity to run. I ran straight to my room and locked the door.

"YOU !!" he yelled at me from outside the door. "I'm getting the bat." I heard him leave.

"Yoona." My mother cried. "Yoona.... why did you do that?" Her voice was shaky. "Why didn't you just listen to me?"

I packed my things as fast as i could into my bag. A loud crack was heard at my door. He was hitting the door with the bat, determined to break it down again. My heart raced and i couldn't wait any longer. I wasn't going to stay here to get beaten. I could come back for the rest of my stuff later. He was close to breaking down the door.

"YOUR GOING TO BE SORRY!!!" He yelled in fury. I kicked out the window screen and jumped out. "YOONA!" My mother and him screamed together.

I looked back to see them looking out my window but i continued to run. "Yoona?" Changmin and his parents were just coming home. "Yoona." Changmin grabbed my arm, but i needed to get away.

"YOU IN !" that scream made my heart race even faster. I broke free of Changmin and continued to run. I heard Changmin's mom instruct her husband to hold him back while i ran. She called out for Changmin but he didn't answer her.

Suddenly a hand grabbed mine. I looked up to see Changmin running with me. He didn't look at me, but continued to run. Soon enough he started to lead me. I wasn't sure where i was running when i first started but he seemed to know where to go. So i just followed him.

Finally we stopped to catch our breaths. He leaned over to grab his knees, while i fell on the soft grass. We were at the park. I looked up at the sky and he finally laid down next to me.

"I'm getting my own place." he suddenly spoke. "That's where we were just now. Looking for an apartment close to my college." i didn't say anything and moved closer to him to lay on his chest. "I want you to come with me. There's no way i'm letting you back there." his voice cracked a bit. "I will not let you go back to that." I smiled a little as i listened to his heartbeat. "Why did it take me so long to figure out what was happening to you? How long have you..."

"Shhh..." i calmed him down. "Let's just lay here and forget about everything... for now."

________________________________________________

A/N: I'm sorry about this oneshot. Writer's block hit me in like the middle of when i was writing this and,,,, well this is the best i could come up with. *Sigh* I'll do better next time. I promise.  ^.^