Gryffindor Tower

Unlikely Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo looks up from the Charms book he’s reading to see Luhan walk in with a tall shadow in tow. The frown is immediate and he hates that Jongin can elicit such a fast reaction from him. But after the disaster at the Owlery and Hellfire getting hurt, Kyungsoo has had enough of the Hufflepuff.

Luhan waves at him, cheerful as always. “Hey, guys! What are you doing?”

“Sleeping, until your chirpy voice kicked me out of dreamland,” Baek says from the plush seat by the window. He’s wrapped himself in a cocoon of blankets so that only his honey brown hair is visible above.

“Good! Now you can help me study for Charms,” Luhan tells him, but Baek rolls over and gives the back to the room.

Luhan shakes his head. “What about you two?”

“Ignoring you,” Sehun pipes up from the rug. He’s has his Tarot cards spread in front of him, and a scroll by his side with notes.

“Yah! Do not sass me, fetus!”

Sehun completely ignores Luhan. “Hey, Jongin. Want me to read your future?”

Jongin shakes his head, but takes a seat on the rug across from Sehun anyways.

Kyungsoo lets his feet down from the nearby table and glares at Luhan. “You know it’s not allowed to bring in outsiders.”

“Outsiders?” Luhan laughs and glances at Jongin. “It’s not like he’s a spy invading our territory. Jongin just came to visit Magnus. Have you seen Chanyeol, by the way?”

“He kind of is invading,” Kyungsoo bites out. He’s invading Kyungsoo’s zen space anyways.

“Aw, come on.” Luhan sits on the couch next to him and drapes an arm around his narrow shoulders. “You still mad about yesterday?”

“No,” Kyungsoo says, at the same time Sehun provides a, “Yes.”

Luhan looks from one to the other. “We already said sorry.”

Kyungsoo arches a brow. “Actually, you didn’t.”

“Well then, we are sorry,” Luhan says, putting on his best smile. “Truly. We are. Right, Jongin?”

Kyungsoo looks at Jongin.

Jongin isn’t glaring at him for once, but he’s not meeting Kyungsoo’s eyes either. His uniform is in disarray, with the shirtsleeves pushed up and some buttons undone, showing a black shirt underneath. Jongin’s tanned fingers play with a loose string on his school bag. The moving muscles in his forearm entrance Kyungsoo, and he wants to snap at Jongin for no reason at all.

“Are you studying for the Charms test tomorrow?” Luhan asks, catching Kyungsoo’s attention again. “I really need help, and Baek is useless right now.”

Kyungsoo shuts the book closed unnecessarily hard and stands. “Just finished. And I think I need a nap, too.”

“Aw. Come on! Don’t be like that. Why are you punishing me? It’s Jongin you are pissed at!”

Ignoring Luhan’s yells, he takes the stairs up to his room.

Hellfire croons softly from her cage. Hagrid looked her over the night before, and aside from a few scratches and missing feathers, Hellfire didn’t suffer major wounds. He knew it was mostly thanks to Jongin who had thrown himself on top of Hellfire and Magnus. The kid received the worse of the damage. Kyungsoo had not only seen the scratches on his skin, but also the gouges on the back of Hufflepuff’s robes, where the owls had dug their talons in.

Kyungsoo didn’t know what to think of the whole situation. On the one hand, Jongin had hurt Hellfire, but he’d also protected her. But she wouldn’t have needed protection if Jongin had taken better care o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter