Moving Staircases

Unlikely Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another end to an exhausting day. Kyungsoo’s eager to reach the Gryffindor Tower, dive into his bed, and sleep. He yawns wide, jaw clacking and eyes tearing up behind his glasses. He removes them and rubs his eyes. So, very tired.

Being a fifth year isn’t easy, especially with the impending O.W.L.s in the spring. As a muggle born, Kyungsoo always strives to do his best not wanting others to think less of him. He’s been diligently studying his off for all his classes, but unlike some of his friends—mainly Junmyeon and Jongdae who barely leave the library—he also knows the importance of rest. Not resting leads to being cranky and snapping at everyone, which contrary to popular belief it is not what Kyungsoo likes to do. He’s more of the silent, whispering curses under his breath type. Until provoked.

Thankfully, everyone has steered clear of his way this week, so his temper has been favorable. He’s back in Professor Draco’s good graces, he’s been doing well even in Astronomy, and he’s gotten more studying done without things eating away at his brain. Things like the annoying Hufflepuff with the rat, the one whom he’d seen around but never had a problem with. Until this year.

Fortunately, his words seem to have finally got through to Jongin, because he hasn’t even seen the kid around. Nothing but blissful quiet.

Ever since the Proper Pet Care seminar he attended at the insistence of Chanyeol—curse him—his owl took an abnormal liking to Jongin’s pet rat. Personally, Kyungsoo hates rats, but his beloved owl seems less temperamental ever since she found a friend. So other than chastising Hellfire for leaving claw marks on Magnus that one time and begging her to find a less squishy play mate, Kyungsoo doesn’t do much to prevent her from stealing away with the rat.

Jongin, however, acts like the world is ending whenever his rat disappears.

Kyungsoo shakes his head. Why did Jongin have to be so attached to his pet? Hellfire would sometimes go away for days, and Kyungsoo never worried. She always came back. Did Jongin not have any friends other than Magnus and Luhan? That was just sad, to be honest.

“Do Kyungsoo!”

Kyungsoo stops at the third landing and cringes. His stress free week has officially ended. “By Merlin’s sweaty balls, not this again.”

“Where is Magnus?” Jongin yells from the bottom of the tower. His robe is falling off one shoulder and it looks like he didn’t bother fixing his hair that morning.

“Is t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter