Hospital Wing

Unlikely Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It’s not me that needs to be healed!” Jongin yells, shoving against the hands trying to push him down. He doesn’t want to lie down.

Luhan holds onto him, and tries to get him to remain still in one of the Hospital Wing beds. “Your face and hands are all scratched and you’re bleeding all over the place! Now stop being so stubborn and let them heal you.”

“Not until Magnus gets help!”

Madam Pomfrey and her apprentice hover nearby. She’s not a woman to suffer misbehaving patients. “I see no major injuries here, so I believe you can manage this on your own, Mr. Zhang.” She gives him a disapproving glance and leaves for her office.

Jongin doesn’t care. The only thing that matters is getting Magnus the help he needs. He struggles against Luhan once more, but his best friend doesn’t budge.

“I already sent word to Chanyeol,” Luhan says. “So, calm down. You’re acting like an idiot.”

Jongin stands again. “It would be faster if I go to him.”

Yixing moves forward and places a tray on the bedside table. Magnus lies on it, a cloth tight around his middle, already soaked with blood. “Your pet will be fine, Jongin. Now stop making a fuzz and let me look at you.”

Jongin lets Luhan help him back onto the bed, but his eyes never leave the still form of Magnus. He couldn’t die. He couldn’t leave him. Magnus was the only thing his parents had left him before abandoning him at the orphanage. He was the only connection to Jongin’s past and his first best friend. He couldn’t just die.

Yixing turns his head away, to check the cuts on his face. “Superficial scratches, most of them,” he says. “We need to clean you up and disinfect the cuts. What were you guys doing?”

“It’s my fault,” Luhan says. “We were in the Owlery and I sort of made some owls angry. Magnus fell out of Jongin’s pocket when we ran, then Hellfire tried to snatch Magnus up, and then Jongin jumped in to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter