Owlery

Unlikely Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo is on his bed finishing up reading for Ancient Runes. His eyes keep drooping, but if he stops now, he won’t want to return to it later. The class is interesting, but the readings can be quite a bit of a snore.

His roommate barges inside in a blur of robes. Sehun’s hair is parted at the middle and sweeps to the sides like an open book with water-damaged pages. “Hyung,” he says as greeting, then opens his trunk and starts throwing things out all over. Sehun is always making a mess.

Kyungsoo marks his place in the book and sits up. “What are you doing?”

“Looking for my secret stash,” Sehun says.

Kyungsoo in a breath.

Sehun glances at him, eyes bored. “Of galleons.”

“Sorry.”

Sehun continues searching. “I made you a promise, didn’t I?”

“Yes. Yes, you did.” Kyungsoo and Sehun have been roommates for four years now. Sehun has been clear-headed for two, and he’s learned to control his visions. Kyungsoo still worries about him though.

“You didn’t sleep in your bed two nights ago,” Kyungsoo says.

“I was playing with Zitao and forgot the time,” he says. “We stayed the night in the Room of Requirement.”

Kyungsoo frowns. He’s not very fond of the Slytherin kid, especially since Tao is best friends with Kris, Slytherin’s ex-Quidditch-star player. Kyungsoo has warned Sehun before, but the kid assures him Tao is alright.

Sehun brings out a leather coin bag and shakes it. It clinks heavy with galleons. “Yasss.”

“What are you going to buy?”

“A snake.”

“What!”

“Tao has one. She’s really cool. I want one.” Sehun looks at Kyungsoo, eyes worried. “Unless you’re afraid of snakes? I won’t get one if you are.”

It’s touching that Sehun is asking. His roommate might act detached at times, but it was with the little things like this that Sehun showed he care

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter