Clocktower Courtyard

Unlikely Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s the first day back from winter break and trouble is already afoot. Kyungsoo chases Hellfire through the school corridors after she stole the brand new quill he’d received for Christmas, and that he was using to finish up the Transfiguration homework he’d forgotten about. She’s been misbehaving all morning and Kyungsoo knows exactly why.

Jongin spoiled her.

The thought makes him smile.

“Hellfire! You better land in the next minute!” He pants, hot on her trail. “I am not chasing you anymore!”

His great owl screeches and banks left, to the outside courtyard.

Kyungsoo growls and speeds after her. He takes the corner too fast and almost barrels into Luhan and Minseok. The two were pressed really close to that corner, and Kyungsoo remembers the lost bet against Jongdae. But his owl calls out again and he has no time to dwell on other people’s business.

He enters the courtyard running.

Hellfire lands at the base of the center statue, where another student is sitting with his pet.

“Jongin?”

Jongin waves. There are knitting needles flying in the air in front of him and small square of blue yarn in his hands. He smiles when he sees Kyungsoo. “Hey. I didn’t see you this morning. Or I didn’t recognize you? You look really different without your glasses. You look good.”

“What? Oh, thank you. I was finishing up homework this morning until this one decided it was play time.” Kyungsoo takes a seat beside him and retrieves his quill from Hellfire’s beak, unable to meet Jongin’s gaze for fear of blushing at the compliment.

Jongin smiles. “She’s just happy to see you.”

Hellfire hoots in agreement. Magnus scurries near her and she inspects the small sweater he has on, pushing him from side to side until he rolls over. She backs away and sits contentedly.

Kyungsoo is actually glad she pulled him out of his room and brought him to Jongin. Otherwise, he wouldn’t ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter