6 - Xiumin

~ EXO ~ 마마 ~

Xiumin.

 

Do you ever just feel distant? Like there is just some reason why people don’t want to talk to you but they never tell you why?

 

---

 

I walked around the streets until I found my building. I walked up the stairs and into my apartment. I took off my shoes and was about to hang my jacket, but I decided to keep it on.

“Ohh it’s cold…”

I tried to turn on the heating, but something was wrong with it. I kicked it, hoping that a slight rage may fix it. But still, nothing. I decided to go and sit by the window instead, and watch the scene below me until it was time to start dinner. There were many people out walking still, even though it was starting to get dark. They all had big long coats, almost the length of their legs. Some people had beanies and scarves on, they all looked very warm.

A single snow flake fell down onto the street below, followed by another, and another, and another. It was starting to snow! I smiled at myself, watching the people below start to rejoice at the snow.

“Look everyone… it’s snowing early…”

I got up and decided to start on dinner early. I made a simple dish, and ate it on the couch. I decided when I was done that I would go outside and enjoy the snow. So I put on my shoes and walked outside. The snow seemed to get heavier when I walked outside, and most of the people outside had gone home for the night. I walked over to the park nearby and sat on the bench to watch the snow. I sat down carefully, but when I put my hand on the bench the bench felt very cold. I looked over to see why it felt so cold, and I could see frost spreading across the bench from my hand.

Puzzled, I got up and squatted on the floor. I touched the pavement at my feet with my index finger, and as soon as my finger came in contact with the pavement a big frost spread out almost instantly. The edges looked had different patterns, similar to that of a snowflake. Surprised, I looked around to make sure no one saw me. Thankfully, no one was around that I could see, so I jogged off to try and process what had happened. When I was fairly far away from my neighbourhood, I turned around and tried to slow to walking while I made sure no one was following me. The snow was starting to stop, maybe it was me that made the snow?

I saw some lights in the distance, so I went to go see what they were. I saw a boy running and I saw come cars. He didn’t see that he was about to run into some potentially dangerous people, so I ran out to try and stop him. I told him to stop running, and then the cars their high beams. We were both caught now, I wonder who was in the cars? I asked the boy what had happened, but he just looked up towards the moon. It was beginning an eclipse, it was beautiful, but there wasn’t supposed to be an eclipse for another few months at least. I looked at the boy and he looked back at me. He smiled and walked over to me.

“Just follow me…”

He whispered to me, and I didn’t know if I trusted him. But we could be in danger, so I decided to do as he said. I saw a figure start to come out of the car, and the boy bolted away. I followed, and I could hear the cars start their engines ready to drive after us.

“What is going on?”

He turned around while he was running and slowed so that he could grab my wrist. I was about to ask what he was doing, but he raised his other hand and clicked. I blinked, one second I was running away from those cars, then next I was back in my cold apartment.

“What the hell? Who are you?”

“My name is Kai. Nice to finally meet you Xiumin.”

“How do you know my name?”

He smiled, and sat on my couch, gesturing for me to sit with him.

“Well, you see, you have something special. So do I. There are twelve of us in total that I have to gather, and you’re one of them.”

“What’s special about me then?”

“You have the power of frost. You made it snow today, didn’t you?”

I nodded slowly, how did he know about this?

“I have teleportation. Would you like to meet one of the others?”

“Yes…”

He reached out and grabbed my wrist and snapped his fingers again. I looked around when I noticed the environment had changed.

“Hey Kai- oh, who’s this?”

“Luhan, this is Xiumin. Xiumin, this is Luhan.”

“Hey Xiumin, nice to meet you. Come sit, you too Kai.”

“I would, but I need to find more. I’m going to go ask some of the others if they know anything, and try to find the last few. You fill in Xiumin.”

And with a snap of his fingers he was gone.

“Well Xiu, what’s your power?”

“Frost…”

“Cool, I have telekinesis.”

“What am I doing here?”

 

---

 

I stayed with Luahn for a couple of days, and found out he didn’t live too far away from me. He introduced me to Lay too, and they helped to clear up some questions I wanted answered.

We have all felt distant, Luhan especially is a big introvert. We all are in our own ways, but together we aren’t distant, we are very close. All that we’ve found so far, and all that we will find.

 

<><><><><>

Hey guys! Officially half way through the members! Six donw, six to go!

It is also my birthday today, so happy to have been able to get his far in the story by my birthday!

Hopefully you guys enjoy reading this, tell me what you think,

After I've introduced all the members the story will get really exciting!