3 - Chen

~ EXO ~ 마마 ~

Chen.

 

The greatest moments in life can be like a lightning bolt. Even when the thunder is so loud and you think you might miss it, suddenly a bright flash illuminates everything and a bolt spreads across the sky. But sometimes you're too busy looking in the wrong direction and you only see the shadows casted.

 

---

 

I don't know how it happened, but I woke up in the sands of a beach. The sky was covered in a thick blanket of dark clouds, there was a storm brewing. I looked around to try and figure out where I was, but I couldn't see anything to help me. There was a cliff behind me, and it was tall and steep, so there was no way I'd be able to find someone or a place to wait. There was a fallen tree branch not far from where I was standing, so I walked over to sit on that. As I sat, I looked at my surroundings again, and something just seemed off.

The sky was thick and dark, but there was no thunder for such big storm clouds. The air around me was lazily blowing, gently brushing my face with the salty ocean air. My biggest concern was that the ocean was flat. Normally you could see the tide coming in by this time, even if it was just a little. Everything was wrong, it disturbed me a lot.

The hardest part about sitting there alone was that I couldn't find any of the others. One minute we were in front of some magical cave mouth, the next I woke up here. There wasn't any sign of anyone ever being at this beach.

I was getting creeped out. I could feel my skin crawling, it felt like I had electricity running through my veins. Some feeling of dread was gnawing at the back of my mind, I had a feeling it was warning me that this was the calm before the storm. I wanted more than anything at that moment to be back with everyone, nothing was worse than being alone at this beach.

As my thoughts began to wander, I felt a small rumble come from the ground. At first I thought it was a figment of my imagination, but after a little while I felt it again. I got up off the branch and knelt down to the floor. When I put my hand to the floor, I couldn't help but get excited, and I could see the lightening that was building up inside of me be released onto the floor. In the instant that my lightning hit the floor and mixed with the sand, the ground shook.

And that could only mean one thing. D.O.

He was my partner after all, and it seemed he was trying to communicate with me. Knowing that he had reached me and that I may have reached him, it put me slightly at ease. I stood up, overflowing with some sort of confidence, and stared down that cliff that was in my way. I was about to run over to it to try and find some way to get over it.

Before I could begin I was rudely interrupted be a certain someone. When I turned around, I was more than happy to see who it was. Smiling back at me was the one and only Kai.

"You're stuck alone too?"

"Yeah."

"I'm not sure exactly what's going on, but we're stuck between two places."

"Two places?"

"Yeah. I don't know what these two places are, but they're definitely not Earth."

"Cool!"

"Yeah. I have to go make sure no one is hurt, but I'm pretty sure above that cliff is a city. Someone will be there."

"You can't teleport me up there?"

"I don't know how safe it would be to teleport you here. Sorry."

And with that he was gone in a puff of smoke. I took a deep breath as I turned to look at the cliff again. I could hear the clouds behind me being to rumble as I ran towards the supposed city.

It surely was going to be a long journey, exciting, but long.

 

<><><><>

Hi, it's been a little while hasn't it?

Sorry that it's short, life is hectic and school thinks it's a good idea to pile heaps and heaps of work on me, I just haven't had time to write a proper chapter for this fic. But I tried, I didn't want to keep you all waiting forever again :P

Hopefully I'll update again soon, but if not, I'm not abandoning this fic so don't worry!

Any subscriptions, upvotes or comments are welcomed!