6 - Xiumin

~ EXO ~ 마마 ~

Xiumin.

 

Fear is a four letter word. At least, that is what I thought it was. There were so many times when I would watch the people around me live their lives with fear leaking in, but I had never really understood why they couldn't just get over it.

But with recent events, I'm beginning to understand.

 

---

 

It was a strange experience for me. Everything so far has been, but this by far has set the bar. I've just gone the past few days finding out that I have control over ice and that I'm not even a native human on this planet. I don't even know if I'm on the same planet now, but this right now is scaring me.

It really surprised me how fast something could change, one second I'm about to teleport away with Kai and Lay, the next I have fallen on the floor and can't see or speak. I could hear lots of cursing beside me, it must've been Baekhyun. Kai told us that he was in trouble, that he couldn't open his eyes or mouth and he was beginning to get lost in a second dimension. I didn't really understand, but I was worried for Baek, he had Kai so worried.

Putting my hand in Kai's and Lay's, we began to teleport, but something felt different. The teleporting didn't feel the same as last time, but I thought that was just me over thinking it. Part way through the teleport, it got cut short as I hit the ground with a thud. My entire body ached, I just couldn't understand why. I heard people around me, but no one was helping me. I tried to call out but my throat felt constricted as nothing more than a pained silence left my throat. I could hear that they were helping Baekhyun, but I needed help too.

I tried to ask for help, but every time I inhaled it burned my lungs, spreading a sharp pain through my veins. I was burning up, part of me felt as though no one could even see me. Stuck in a void of only pain and my thoughts, it felt rather claustrophobic.

I had decided that it was probably too late, the pain that had already spread through my body was only increasing with each pump of blood shot through my veins. Slowly I began to feel distant from my own body, my senses so overloaded with pain that I couldn't even differentiate the parts of my body. I could still hear everyone, but even their voices were fading. I tried to create a picture in my head, if I was going to go, it had to be pleasant.

Slowly I focused on creating some scenery in my head. A large valley outstretched far in the distance, beautiful, tall grass swaying slowly in the light breeze. A variety of flowers dotted throughout the grass, and a big tree in the distance. It's roots were twisting up from the dirt, knotting itself into its trunk and spreading itself out into large branches, leaves and vines messily dancing around as the sun began to set. It was so serene in that moment, even though I was only seeing things, ignoring everything else around me. Slowly walking forward, gradually getting to the tree, I felt cold. Slowly I felt a chill creep up my spine, a frost biting at my nose and cheeks.

Resting my hand against the base of the trunk, my hand felt cooler than ice. Resting my head against the trunk, I looked down at the roots. I looked at the grass growing between the roots, the way my feet flattened the grass around me, taking in every little detail.

I was ready to go.

But then, I felt something. Something warm. It wrapped around me carefully, slowly the warmth spreading across every frozen feature. I closed my eyes, unsure as to why I was getting warmer. Gradually I began to feel again, the way my fingers were curled up, the way my legs were stiff and heavy. The warmth around my back felt more like arms pulling me close, into someone safe and secure. Slowly a noise began to echo in my head, getting louder until I could understand that it was words being spoken in my ear. Eventually I could recognise the voice as Lay's, hearing his reassuring words telling me exactly what he was doing.

My eyes opened in a flush, my vision beginning to blur as tears lined my eyes. I clung tightly to him, burying my face in the crook of his neck. I began to sob as uncontrollable tears rolled out while my breathing became erratic. I couldn't even believe what had just happened.

I was just in a world of my own, ready to let go at a moment's notice. But now I was back, clinging on for the life I was seconds ago ready to give up. Trying to calm myself, I took deep breaths, slowly prying myself away from Lay. I wiped my eyes and looked around, trying to recollect my thoughts. I could see everyone else, they were all talking with each other, making sure each of them weren't harmed in any way.

I heard some movement next to me, and I turned to see Baekhyun sitting next to me. He looked at me, trying to read my facial expression before opening his arms to me. I crashed into him, but neither of us minded. And as I felt his warmth spreading through me, I felt a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach. I held on to him tighter, probably a bit too tightly, but I needed to know he that he was really there.

Honestly, I was afraid. Now that I had felt so close to the end, I was scared to go back.

 

---

 

Fear really is a four letter word, it's only the feelings that come with it that make it mean anything. It's only the memories of those times where we're ready to run and hide away forever that we can truly understand the word fear. 

 

<><><><>

Hi~

I'm back. 

That took way too long to upload I'm sorry >x<

Unfortunately life has been getting in the way and it stole a lot of my inspiration for stuff. I'm trying to keep up to date with the three on-going stories, but I keep having cool ideas for other stories that I wanna write but I need to get these ones finished because if they work out they'll be SO FREAKING AWESOME!

So hopefully you guys can bear with me and enjoy this! Half way through the second cycle and the next chapter will be exciting I promise!!

Bye for now :D