5 - Baekhyun

~ EXO ~ 마마 ~

Baekhyun.

 

Sometimes I wonder how we can deal with things so quickly. All throughout people's lives, things happen, and people can adjust so quickly. But there are some things you just can't adjust to, and that frightens me.

 

---

 

Opening my eyes to wake up to a strange and unfamiliar room was not my idea of a good time. Especially when only moments ago I had found out that I was part of some group that all had superpowers. I didn't want to go through any part of this journey alone, I'm part of a group, why should I have to be alone?

It was only really now that I had realised how scary it was to truly feel alone. I didn't like it one bit. I just felt hollow inside, a mass of anxiety just building up and trying to take over me. I just really wanted to see someone, anyone at all. Most of all, I wanted to see Lay, he was my partner after all.

At the thought of him, there was a warm tingle of excitement running through my veins. A strong urge to do something ran through me, but I didn't want to do anything. I just wanted to find him.

After a while, the warmness began to fade, and it made me feel very sad. I didn't want that feeling to ever end, at all. So, I lifted my hands and concentrated. Creating a beam of light, I shone it at the wall, getting a little excited it was a bit stronger than I had hoped, but I didn't care the second I could see his face. Somehow, Lay was at the end of the tunnel of light, and our faces lit up simultaneously at the sight of each other. I guessed that we couldn't hear each other well when we tried to speak to each other, but didn't hear anything. So, I tried think of some way to communicate.

Before I could think of anything, Lay lifted his hand, and did something with his powers. I felt that warm feeling return, and tried to tell him with my eyes. He lowered his hand, and I lifted mine to create a small beam of light. He looked at me with the same look I had just given him, and we both understood. We were connected, all of us must be. When one used their powers, the other could  feel it.

It got me thinking, if we could feel when we both used our powers, why wouldn't we be able to find each other like that? It would be just like when we found our partners, some force inside of us telling us when we were close and when we were far. I broke the beam of light that connected me with Lay, and tried to find a way out of the room that I was in. I thrashed around, unable to find some sort of opening, and began to try knock down the walls. I knew it was stupid, but even if it was a one in a million chance to knock down this wall and find someone, I'd take it.

After I had hurt my hands from hitting everything so much, I took a moment to stop when I realised how bruised and battered I was. I had grazed some skin off and had started to bleed a little, it felt horrible. Usually when I got hurt, I just felt annoyed that I had hurt myself, but this was different. Like before, when I had felt Lay use his powers, I felt something inside of me. It wasn't a warm feeling, it was a lot colder. Something inside of me was freezing, something was hurting more than the blood on my hands.

I had heard something in front of me, and looked up to see Kai. He seemed concerned that I was bleeding, and knelt down to see if he could help me. "What happened?"

"I was trying to get out... But now I feel weird..."

"How? Baekhyun, are you hurt anywhere else?"

"I don't think so, but I can feel something."

"What?"

"Do you remember how we found our pairs? We felt something then, it hurt a little, but when we found each other it didn't hurt."

"I remember, but what does it have to do with anything?"

"I found some way to contact Lay, and we found something. When he used his power, I could feel it. When I used mine, he could feel it too. Kai, I think we're all more connected than we think."

He stayed quiet for a moment, trying to process what I had just said. After a moment, he helped me to stand up. He put a hand on my shoulder and looked me in the eyes. "I think I understand what this means, but there is something happening right now. We all need to get together and see if anyone else has found anything out about this." I nodded as he put another hand on my shoulder. "I don't know how safe this is, but I'm going to try and teleport both of us out of here."

I nodded in agreement, and closed my eyes as I felt myself being consumed by some sort of cloud. It felt different to the last time we had teleported, but I thought nothing of it until I could feel nothing but Kai's hands on my shoulders. I wanted to look around, at the space between dimensions, but I felt Kai's grip on my shoulders tighten. My eyes wouldn't open, but I could feel some sort of fear from Kai.

Before I knew it, I had collided with the floor, and it hurt. Kai hurriedly rushed to me, and fear laced his voice as he asked me repeatedly if I was ok. I still couldn't open my eyes, and now I couldn't use my voice, only a scratchy sound escaping my throat. The only thing I could do was listen as Kai told me that he would be right back. I didn't want him to leave me like this, I was scared. But he left, and I was alone with an unbearable pain spreading throughout my body with a panicking heart beginning to fasted it's pace.

It felt like years before I heard anything again, and I never felt happier to hear it. It was D.O and Chen, they ran closer to me the second they recognised me. At first they sounded excited to see me, but then their voices grew panicked as he swore. "Baekhyun, what happend?"

I tried to talk, but it only hurt my throat, so I tried to move around and let them know I was just hurt. I felt one of them wrap their arms around me, but in the instant he tried to hold on, something hurt even more. He tried to gently put me down again as he swore louder, and tried to apologise to me. Everything felt cold, not the cold of dying, but the cold from when I hurt my hands. It grew colder, feeling like dry ice inside my veins. The only thing I could do was cry, and D.O tried to comfort me the best he could along with Chen. Although it didn't really do anything, for that I was thankful.

After an eternity of crying and attempted comfort, I heard something else collide with the floor. After some more cursing, I recognised Kai's voice. He was trying to tell me something, but it began to be hard to hear what he was saying. He was saying everything so fast, apologies laced between each sentence. The only thing I was able to understand was that Lay and Xiumin were now here. I felt Kai try to touch me, and retract immediately the same way as before. I heard Lay's voice, and nothing made me more relieved. He sat me up and held me in a tight embrace, softly explaining how he was trying to heal me. The chills inside of me slowly warmed, growing into a comforting heat. I burst into tears, and he rubbed circles on my back as he held onto me tightly.

After my cries began to calm, I was able to open my eyes, and saw Lay's expression change from fear to relief in half a second. He began to shed a few tears, and everyone seemed to sigh in relief as the tension between us all lifted. After we had both calmed down, Lay got up and walked over to where Xiumin was laying down. I knelt down next to him as he sat Xiuming up and held him in an embrace. His body seemed transparent, some parts more visible than others. His limbs seemed in the wrong place, but as Lay held onto him and explained what he was doing he slowly seemed to repair.

I could feel the warmth as Lay worked his magic, and watched until Xiumin was confident enough to let go of Lay.

Once Lay stood up and went to the others to make sure they were ok, I sat down next to Xiumin. It was only close up that I could see he was still shaking with fear, his eyes still stained with his silent tears. I reached over and gave him a hug, he must've really needed it as he hugged me back tighter.

Something was happening, it was something big. We all knew it in the back of our minds, but none of us wanted it to be true. It was only now that we all seemed to realise that it wouldn't get any easier from here on in.

 

<><><><> 

Yooooo back with another chapter! Did ya miss me? :P

I had a wave of inspiration for this chapter and it kinda grew longer, I enjoyed writing this chapter! Finally getting interesting 

So at the moment this story has over 2000 views and almost 40 subscribers and I haven't even posted up to 20 chapters! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!

You guys don't understand how much this makes me feel happy, I hope you're all still enjoying this because I've got some interesting plots organised for the next few chapters and I've started working on the the next special video thing so I can put it at the end of this cycle.

Love you all, thanks so much! :D