2 - Chanyeol

~ EXO ~ 마마 ~

Chanyeol.

 

They say curiosity killed the cat, in many ways it feels like a warning. But what they often forget is that satisfaction brought it back.

 

---

 

My pheonix was going crazy. It wanted to show us all something, and it wanted to show us now. But the thing I thought was strange was that Kris' dragon seemed calm. We had been flying for ages, and the longer I observed, the stranger the behaviours of our animals seemed. Kris seemed to look over at my pheonix often, as did I with his dragon. His dragon's calm appearance slowly seemed to grow sad a sullen, as if dreading what was ahead. As I drew these conclusions, my pheonix began to show some similarities; that it didn't want to go ahead and show us what it was taking us to. Obviously both beasts didn't want to observe the sight again, but something told me they wanted us to fix it.

The sun had set and the moon was high by the time we landed. Everyone else seemed stiff and sore for sitting that long, and we all sat down and rested for a while. Most sat up against the two beasts, or walked around to try and get feeling back in their legs. Kris walked up to me, and without a word I knew what he wanted to ask.

"Why would they bring us here?"

"I don't know, they both seemed like they were dreading the journey here."

"Whatever it is, I don't think it will be good."

We mutually agreed and walked closer to the others to see what they thought of it. Most of them hadn't realised how panicked our beasts were, but could feel the dread setting the mood.

After everyone seemed to be recovered from the flight over, the dragon and the pheonix stood up and walked slowly next to each other. We all wordlessly followed, everyone noticing the sadness and hesitation in each step.

The moon was full, and shone brightly over us all. Although it felt like we should be rejoicing at the fact all 12 of us were together, we all seemed sombre as we dragged our feet behind our two beasts. Before long, the two animals stopped and looked up at the moon. Following their gaze, we looked up and watched as the full moon was enveloped in a shadow and left as a black moon.

Everything seemed so much heavier in the darkness, and without so much as a noise the two beasts began to walk slowly in the dark.

The next time they stopped, they parted and motioned for us to keep walking. As we made our way forward, we noticed two things. The first was that our pheonix and dragon seemed as if they were too scared to continues to walk forward, and the second being that our veins seemed to run cold with a sense of dread mixed our magic wanting to be used in a hurry. The longer we walked, the stronger those feelings got. Most of us shuffled around uncomfortably, trying to find different ways to ignore these uncomfortable feelings inside of us. Our eyes had trailed down to the ground in front of us, trying to make sure we wouldn't trip. We could feel a slight breeze, and the anxiety from this situation was gnawing at the back of our minds.

We all heard one person stop walking as we felt the air around us freeze in an incredibly unsettling manner. We turned around to see Sehun, pale as anything, looking forward with an incredibly distraught expression. We all turned to see what he was looking at, and we could all feel each other freeze in the same shock Sehun was experiencing.

There was some sort of cave mouth, the entrance to it blocked by a thick swirling smoke. Sehun walked forward, and as he did, the smoke seemed to swirl faster. We all followed behind him, and looked in wonder at the thick, white smoke. As we all stood in front of it, we stared at it's crazy patterns. Sehun reached forward and lifted his hand to reach out to it. As soon as the tips of his fingers touched the smoke, he fell forward as he was devoured by the smoke. In an instant response, Tao leapt forward to follow him, and we all ran into it in an effort to catch the two.

 

<><><><> 

Hello again!

School is just so ugh that I was having trouble writing this. But I managed something!

Hope you're all enjoying, hope to hear from you all in the comments <3