Donghae

Our dear Evil Maknae, we love you!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been two days since Kyuhyun’s talk with Eunhyuk. Their meeting in the middle of the night brought the men closer together. Kyu decided to listen to Hyukkie and tried to spend as much time as it was possible with the members – the maknae tagged along whenever his hyungs played something; cleaned the dorm; and went as far as helping Ryeowook to cook. The idols were impressed with the youngest idol’s change liked it.

 

Because Super Junior was supposed to have a charity concert the next day, the managers decided to give them an exceptional day off to let them take a breath and relax before the big event. And they did so – everyone woke up late, skipping their breakfast, ate their lunch without any time pressure, played carelessly, and even watched a movie together.

While the members were lazily doing their hobbies, such as reading or playing on piano, Kyuhyun chose to take a nap over playing Star Craft. It was something new indeed , but Kyu himself couldn’t explain why he didn’t feel like playing on his computer. He saw Yesung reading a book. Kyu laid himself across the sofa, pushed his hyung’s book up, and rested his head on his thighs. The older man was surprised with the maknae’s action; however, in the end, he smiled warmly. Yesung held his book in the left hand and played with Kyu’s hair with the other one.

 

However, just thirty minutes later, the maknae flinched and sat up in a blink of an eye. Then Kyuhyun grabbed his head and looked around wildly as if he searching for something.

 

“No, no, no, no, no…” Kyu muttered under his nose nervously.

 

“Kyuhyun-ah?” Yesung asked, frowning, “What’s wrong?”

 

The younger idol didn’t seem to hear what his hyung said. He just stood up, staggering and winced as he felt a sharp pain in his head. Black dots and blurry vision did not help him to see clearly. A whine escaped his lips, but he proceeded to go towards the stairs which lead to the 12th floor.

 

“Kyuhyunnie, what is going on?” Eunhyuk asked alarmed at his dongsaeng’s odd actions. He grabbed his hand and pulled him back, “Yah, don’t ignore m-”

 

He didn’t finish his sentence when he saw Kyuhyun’s frightened expression. Taking an advantage of Hyukkie’s shock, Kyu escaped his grip and ran upstairs. The present members stayed still in silence for a second.

 

“What the heck just happened?” Sungmin, who was nearby when the scene happened, asked.

 

“I have no damn idea. Let’s go after him. I don’t want to let him go alone anywhere,” Ryeowook proposed and wiped his hands, which were wet from cleaning the kitchen.

 

When the idols arrived at the loud floor of the Super Junior, they saw Kyuhyun who was clinging to Donghae on the sofa. The maknae had his hands wrapped around Hae and the confounded older idol, on the other hand, was gently patting Kyu’s back. The rest of the members who lived on the 12th floor were nearby with the same facial expressions of confusion.

 

“Care to explain?” Leeteuk asked while pointing at Kyuhyun.

 

“We have no idea,” Eunhyuk replied.

 

The men surrounded Kyuhyun who had his face hidden in Donghae’s chest. The maknae did not move despite his hyungs trying to part him from Hae. After a few minutes Leeteuk sat down next to the pair and sighed in defeat.

 

The leader caressed Kyuhyun’s hair gently and said in his soft fatherly voice, “Hey, Kyuhyunnie… Talk to us. What’s going on…? Ne, Baby-Kyu…You start to make us worry and scare us...”

 

Kyuhyun flinched at the last part and straightened himself up with hands still entwined around Donghae’s waist. His red, swollen eyes looked up.

 

“I-I’m sorry, but… I had a nightmare that everyone is in danger a-and Donghae… You will be h-hurt the most and I don’t want it to ha-happen!” Kyu cried out, tears streaming down his flushed cheeks.

 

Then he buried his face back in Hae’s chest. The older idol was nearly suffocating from the maknae’s death grip, but managed to choke out, “Ne, Kyuhyun-ah, don’t worry. We are going to be alright for sure. It was just a bad dream.”

 

The maknae continued sobbing and refused to let go. The leader then indicated to his dongsaengs to let the pair be as they were, because he thought that, for the time being, it was the best they could do. The members weren’t satisfied with the outcome, but still obeyed Leeteuk and scattered to their rooms or went downstairs. Donghae decided to keep hugging Kyu back and his head smoothly.

 

With passing minutes, Kyuhyun’s sobbed subsided and the idol fell asleep on his hyung. Donghae sighed and laid himself along the sofa with Kyuhyun protectively in his arms. During the nap, the maknae surprisingly slept quite calmly. After an hour and a half, the pair went down to eat their dinner.

 

The rest of the day passed really quickly– after the incident, Kyuhyun was still clinging onto Donghae, but less desperately. The members were anxious because of the approaching concert and went to sleep early. Kyu, of course, spend his night with Hae.

 

The next day Super Junior went for their charity concert. They weren’t the only one performing - other groups such as TVXQ and SNSD were also a part of the event. It was a nice, sunny day without any clouds; therefore, their moods also lightened up. However, not Kyuhyun’s. While on their way to the arena, where they are supposed to perform, Kyuhyun kept apologizing about his behavior from the day before. In reply, the members brushed him off saying that it was okay. They knew that the maknae felt guilty and didn’t want to make it worse.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter