Memories Of The Past Part 2

Our dear Evil Maknae, we love you!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1998

 

“Congratulations, Cho Kyuhyun. From now on, you shall be called Joker,” Wolverine announced and shook Kyu’s hand, “Welcome to the Avengers.”

 

“Thank you, Wolverine” the boy replied and smiled faintly.

 

“Please, excuse me. I still have to deliver this delightful news to three other people who will be part of your group from now on,” Wolverine replied and left Kyu’s room.

 

As soon as the footsteps faded away, Kyuhyun his heel and sat on his bed. Then he took out the hidden picture and mumbled to himself, “So it finally begins, huh? I wonder whether would you be proud, Mom, Dad. Your son received, as Catwoman described, ‘exceptional’ grades. Moreover, I am going to fight the evil! You know, criminals and stuff. Despite this Project’s clandestine looks, it actually fights for a good cause. Catwoman once told me that it is all thanks to the Master’s wife’s death, that the RP was created. You would most probably pat my head right now, Mom, wouldn’t you?”

 

A tear slipped down his cheeks onto the picture. He wiped the water off and shoved the photo underneath the pillow. He glanced at the clock. All the emotions he concealed for so long have started to embody themselves in form of his tears. A sudden urge to release all the accumulated anger and sadness on something.

 

An idea flashed across his mind. The training room. He sprinted towards the room. Kyuhyun pressed his palm against the identificator. The machine beeped and the screen turned green. The heavy metallic doors opened. The boy entered the room and immediately turned towards boxing area. He didn’t even care to put on any gear. His hands moved on their own and so did his legs. With each punch towards the punching bags, Kyu could feel as his limbs slowly start to ache due to the strong, yet careless, kicks.

 

An hour later, most of it spent on trying to imitate Catwoman's kicks after she took pity on him and decided to make an impromptu training session, the boy was exhausted; and therefore, he decided to go back to his room. His bruised and battered body nearly slid down the wall when he was just one corridor away. At the last possible moment a stranger’s hand reached out and caught him in the middle to prevent the fall. Trying to use his newly honed reflexes as well as simple instinctive responses the boy kicked out, but all was in vain. In mere seconds he was completely incapacitated.

 

“Would you stop this useless flailing already?! I’m much stronger and you’re way too tired to fight anyone off anyway...” a seemingly young voice above him was eerily calm. The boy ceased his struggling. “Good. I’m Batman, by the way. Nice to meet you.” The hold on the boy’s lips gently eased, but otherwise their position did not change.

 

“Joker,” he whispered in defeat. “I’m sorry.”

 

“Hey, nothing to worry about, little one. Now, I do hope you’re already after your lectures and training, huh? Point me the way to your room?” Batman asked as he swung Joker around in such a way that the boy suddenly found himself being carried bridal style. He didn’t have enough strength in him to do anything apart from mumbling the directions.

 

 

The next day

 

Kyuhyun’s eyes fluttered open. He rubbed his eyes in order to clear up his sight. His heart’s pace fastened as soon as he saw a figure just a few meters away from his bed. Within a second, he pulled out a gun from his pillow and pointed it at the stranger. The boy who stood in front of him had bright blonde hair and deep blue eyes. He was tall and quite masculine. The tight, black clothes underlined his fine figure.

“Who are you?” Joker asked, his tone cold and stern.

“Just your savior from yesterday,” the boy with blue eyes replied, as he leaned against the wardrobe with a grin plastered on his face.

 

Kyuhyun’s eyes widened as soon as he remembered the last events from yesterday. He withdrew the gun back.

 

“My apologies,” he murmured under his nose, blushing.

 

“It’s all right,” Batman replied and sat next to Kyu.

 

“What division do you belong to?” Kyuhyun asked.

 

“The Avengers. I assume you must still be one of the interns. I have never seen you before. Well, until last night, of course,” Batman replied with a roguish grin, “When did you join the Rose Project?”

 

“I think it has been a month since my arrival. And, I actually just got promoted to the Avengers last night,” Kyu realized that he still wore his outfit from yesterday and haven’t take a shower yet. He groaned, crawled out from his warm bed, and started to prepared his clean clothes.

 

“What? Impossible. On average, it takes at least half a year for one to jump up to this level,” Batman frowned, now intrigued.

 

“Oh, well. It’s up to you to believe it or not. Though, don’t be surprised when you see me at today’s meeting, then. Wait… The training!” Kyu’s eyes turned towards his clock and widened, “Holy , it’s in only twenty minutes!”

 

Kyuhyun grabbed his clean clothes and stormed towards his bathroom, not caring about Batman’s presence.


“Why are you in such a hurry? It’s still nearly half an hour to go,” the blonde boy said as he flopped down onto Kyu’s bed.

 

“That’s not much time!” Kyuhyun shouted back, his voice unclear due to the splashing of water.

 

“Nah~”

 

Ten minutes later, Kyu opened the door, fully dressed in the Avengers uniform. It was all black. Most of the material seemed to be made from leather that was surprisingly elastic. He quickly ran his hand through his wet hair. He ran across his room, gathering all his necessities - his cologne, a comb, and a set of weapons.
 

“Oh, by the way, Where did you sleeep last night? I usually close my doors, even if I am half-conscious,” Kyu said while combing his hair in front of the mirror.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter