SIX

Shadow

Yonghwa was enjoying his blood drink  while enjoying the view of Seoul through his glass wall while Minhyuk lay lazily on the sofa busy with his phone.Its  Sunday but Seohyun called earlier that she can only meet him tonight .Luckily Minhyuk come over.At least he got a company.

“Did you get a fight with Seohyun noona.Whya aren’t you meeting her today”Minhyuk asked  with his eye still glued to his phone.Yonghwa dashed and sit across Minhyuk.”She’s up to something.So we cant only meet tonight.”Minhyuk nodded in acknowledgement.”Anyway does she really look like your first love??Seohyun noona.”Minhyuk asked.He remember Yonghwa once told him bout Yeowool,the girl in the drawing at Yonghwa house.Yonghwa just smiled.

“When I first meet Seohyun I really thought she was Yeowool but the fact is Yeowool died years ago .Unless she is a vampire,she’ll never look like she never age.Beside Yeowool is more to my own one sided love instead of my first love.We were so in love back then.But when she discover my truth identity,she saw me as a monster.That’s when I swore to myself that I’ll never love again but then I met your noona.”A smile appeared on his face.”Aigoo look at you being so love sick”Minhyuk teased.

“But hyung,until when cant you keep this secret.Beside how long will you able to hold yourself in.I mean she’s still a human,with fresh blood flowing in her vein.”Minhyuk asked cautiously.Yonghwa took a sip of his drink.The taste of blood filled his tastebud.

“I also don’t know.Im afraid too Minhyuk.What if I lose control of myself and hurt her.What if she discovered my identity and leave me like Yeowool did.Being with her made  me  feel alive.Its funny but that’s what I feel”Yonghwa said sincerely.Minhyuk bite her lower lips.”What if she is a hunter??”Yonghwa looked at him.This thought  never cross his mind.Instead of answering he just ignored his question.He also didn’t have the answer.If Seohyun is a hunter its either he kill her or he was killed her.That thought was so scary that he quickly shut it down.His nature will show if being around her.And hurting Seohyun was the last thing he wanted to do.

 

 

Seohyun checked her reflection  on her phone  and pulled her hair to cover the wound on her temple from her fight earlier before ringing Yonghwa frontdoor.Just when she was about to press the bell,the door open and Yonghwa show up with a smile.”How do you know im here”She asked curiously but Yonghwa just smile.Instead of going out,Yonghwa invited her for a dinner in his house which makes Seohyun stomach flutter.”Did he up to something”Her imagination went a little bit wild at that thought causing her to smile like an idiot in front of Yonghwa.”What are you smiling bout??”Noticing her behavior,Yonghwa asked.”Noo..Nothing.Its just that food was so delicious”She lied.Yonghwa just smile.After finishing their dinner,Yonghwa diligently washed the dishes while  Seohyun walked around Yonghwa house.She stopped at the  bookshelf and checked Yonghwa’s book collection.She pulled out a book and smile reading the book tittle.”Yonghwa-sshi you read a book like this??How childish.”

“What book”Suddenly Yonghwa was hugging her waist while putting his chin on her shoulder.Seohyun was slightly surprised.”Hey when did you reach here.I cant hear your footstep??’Seohyun said but Yonghwa just smiled.”What book are you talking bout??”he asked.Seohyun show him the book.”One stormy night??”I read this when im primary Seohyun said.Yonghwa raised his brow.”Well I like the story.Who love the most die.Beautiful isn’t it.?”He said.”What are you talking bout its not beautiful its sad ok”Seohyun object.Yonghwa chuckled.

“Therefore Seohyun-nnie don’t love me more than I  love you so that I’ll be the one die in the end.”

“What are you talking bout??Why would you die?”Seohyun hit Yonghwa abdomen with her elbow.He groan in pain.He let go of her waist and turn her around to face him.”Seohyunnie,if one day you discover that im not the person you thought me to be what will you do??”Actually Minhyuk question earlier still bother him and he wanted to hear the answer from Seohyun herself.”What does that mean??Are  you keeping any  secret from me??”She asked in return.

“No Im not”He laugh softly.”It just that I feel like everyday I feel deeper in love with you that the thought of you leaving me scare me so much.”He softly bring her hair to the back of her ear exposing the plaster covering her wound on her temple.”Did you fall again”He asked concernly as his finger slightly rubbed the plaster.Seohyun just giggled slightly.Deep inside,she felt guilty for lying to him all this time.

“Does it hurt?”He asked  now looking into her eye.”Nope,not at all”She answered.”Stop hurting yourself.Seeing you like this my heart ache so much”He said  as his face get closer to hers.Seohyun gulped.Is he trying to kiss her.She can feel butterflies inside her stomach.”I wi….”Before she finished her sentence,Yonghwa’s lips already touched hers.She was surprised at first but close her eyes and kissed  him back.Since she was wearing a dress exposing her shoulder ,Yonghwa’s kiss travel to her neck and shoulder.She just closed her eyes enjoying the moment.

His vampire hunger was awaken as he kissed her neck.He can clearly heard the blood pumping through her carotid artery.He tried so hard to control himself but he know he couldn’t so he pushed her away and ran to the bathroom.Leaving her in awe.He stood in front of the mirror.His image reflected in front of him.His eye were red and the vein around were visible.He look like a monster.How will Seohyun react if she saw him like this.He punch the mirror in anger and it shatter into pieces.Since the wall is soundproof he is sure that Seohyun doesnt hear  him.His fist were cut open but no blood come out.For the first time,he feel so frustrated.He really wanted to grow old with her,but how??