ELEVEN

Shadow

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Yonghwa tried to open his eyes  as he hear a door open.Somebody entered the room he was locked in.Its  an elder man who turn out to be Seohyun grandfather.

“What do you want from me”Without raising his head Yonghwa asked.”I need your cooperation.I can let you live with a condition.Tell me where the other original wherebout.”Seohyun grandpa try to convince Yonghwa.Yonghwa laugh sarcastically.”What if I don’t want??”

“Then I have no other choice but to kill you”Grandpa said making Seohyun who was hiding behind the door  fliched.She know her grandpa well.He’ll never let a vampire alive even after Yonghwa revealed the other original whereabout.

“Then you better kill me.I rather die that betraying my family.”Yonghwa said making Grandpa gritted his teeth.He walk towards Yonghwa.”Then how about this”He took out a dagger and tore Yonghwa skin open.With both his hand being tied,Yonghwa just able to scream as the Sandal wood burn his skin.”Just kill me old man.”Yonghwa said in anger but instead of replying Grandpa slash the dagger on Yonghwa face.He screamed in pain once more.”This is just the beginning.Lets see if you can overcome till the end”He smirked before leaving him.

Seohyun who was hiding behind the door bowed as she see her grandpa.”Grandpa..”His hand fly up to Seohyun face before she could finish her sentence.Her lips bleed slightly.”How dare you call me your grandpa??Arent you ashamed of yourself.As a descendent of Vampire hunter,you fall in love with a vampire??Do you know how other laughed at me.From now on  you are forbidden coming here.I don’t want you to have any connection with that monster inside.Whatever feeling you have for him,erased it now”

“But Grandpa,Yonghwa is not the monster we think he is.Before knowing my identity,he got a lot of opportunity to kill me but he didn’t.”Seohyun try to  defend Yonghwabut she just get another slap from her grandpa.”He almost kill Suho,Seohyun.And don’t forget how your dad die.He was killed by them too.”He said and walk away.Leaving  Seohyun standing there alone.

 

Days passed and Yonghwa already lost track of time.Almost everyday he was tortured but luckily he endured it well.That’s what he tell himself.He feel that his body weaken from day to day.Its just a matter of time before he turn into dust just like Minhyuk.Suddenly he heard footsteps and thought maybe it’s the vampire hunters coming to torture him again but It turn out to be Seohyun.

Seohyun heart ache as she get a closer view of Yonghwa.His body was fulled of scar and he look so tired.”Yonghwa-yaah”She said holding back her tear.”Don’t come closer.Arent you afraid a monster like me?”Yonghwa asked sarcastically.His heart ache knowing that she was one of the reason that cause Minhyuk death.Maybe Minhyuk was right.If only he don’t love Seohyun  that much.If only he killed her first.Seeing her makeYonghwa hate himself more.Because even after what she had done,his heart still beating for her just like he did right now.

“Im sorry.Bout everything.Bout Minhyuk..”Seohyun wipe her tears quickly before they pour down like rain.”Don’t you dare to mention his name.Thats human.Thinking sorry can make everything right.”He snapped at Seohyun.

“I know I don’t deserve you forgiveness  and  I don’t come here for that.Yonghwa-sshi just tell us where are the others Originals vampire wherebout.I promise I’ll persuade grandpa to spare your live.Please…If you keep doing this,you wont be able to hold on.”Seohyun pleaded.Yonghwa bite his lower lip.

 “Do I look like someone who will betray my own family to save my own life??You really disappoint me Seohyun.In the end you still see me as a heartless creature like the Dark vampire.Calling us monster,don’t you think you guys are worser than us.The vampires that you killed with your hand before..What sin had they done.They were victim too.They never asked to be turned to a vampire.The Seohyun I knew before,is that really you??”Yonghwa said.He can feel tears form in his eyebag.

“I don’t have a choice too…”Seohyun said but Yonghwa intercept quickly.”You do Seohyun.You can be whoever you want if you choose to.Unlike me,who was born being a vampire you can choose to live the way  the Seohyun I knew back then.Always smiling,living with no worries”Yonghwa words hit Seohyun hard.Why she never realize that.Because of her grudge,she choose to become a vampire hunter.Spending her life hunting and killing vampire.But after meeting Yonghwa her world totally change.She started to live more like a human.Going on date,smiling to herself thinking bout him,talking bout their future.

“Seohyun-aah.Stop doing what are you doing now.Hating vampire wont put your heart at ease.Learn to let go.And stop hurting yourself.Live like the Seohyun I know.Meet a good man and live life happily..”Yonghwa unable  to finished his words.His heart ache as he  know this might be real farewell for them.”Why are saying all of this?Arent you supposed to curse at me for killing you kind.Killing Minhyuk-ie”Seohyun yelled.Is Yonghwa trying to show him how generous he is,forgiving the person whom betrayed him??

“How can I do that”Yonghwa said bitterly.He is sure that Seohyun know the answer but both of them choose to not to speak it out.”I’ll come here another time.”Afraid that she will not be able to control her emotion any longer,Seohyun quickly leave the room where Yonghwa was locked in.

As soon as she is out of the room,her tears broke.Suddenly she’s awaken.Yonghwa was right.She can make a choice on her own.And she choose to be a monster.She look at her hand and asked herself how many innocent live had she slayed.And at this moment all she felt was regret.Will  her deceased father be proud of his daughter who slowly become a monster.But aren’t thing too late now.Will she be able to set thing right for the first time in her life.