Chapter Six: Tips and Hints from Hong

Captured
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"This is horrible," I groaned, sinking my teeth into the apple I had packed. "When's the car going to be fixed?!"

"It'll be a few hours before we can get parts at this hour, it'll probably be in tomorrow morning." The mechanic stated, flipping through sheets on his clipboard. I blushed, turning to him since I didn't notice him standing behind me while I was venting to myself about our current predicament. "I'll have your husband fill out this sheet, but if you're looking for a place to stay, there's a motel down the street."

"He isn't my husband!" I laughed sarcastically, eyes popping out of my head once he'd assumed so. Taehyung came out from the bathroom and threw his arm over me.

"Not yet. We're getting married in July," He nuzzled his face in my hair and I pushed him with a scowl on my face. "She's just being coy."

The mechanic nodded, as if he cared, and went back behind the counter to check on something. He handed us a sheet and told us to fill it out and that he'd be back to collect in a bit.

"Great," I sighed, adjusting my ponytail I threw my light brown hair in. "I just wanted to get things done so we could hurry back and report."

"You think to much about work," He replied, not really speaking to me but rather out into the air without a target. 

"I have to," I spat, looking up into the darkened sky. 

He turned his attention to me, his dark eyes piercing my uninterested glare. "Just relax a bit, what's gotten you so tied-up with work? Don't you ever want to let loose or take a day off? I hear from the fellow officers that you've never missed a day and are always seen in the Station. Why is that?"

"I... I just want to work," I shrugged, frowning. I turned away from his gaze and stared at the sky again instead of into his deep chocolate brown orbs. "I need to get things done."

"What things?"

I thought deep about that question, taking moment to swallow the saliva that'd somehow pooled in my throat and made it feel clogged. "I want to help people, for instance, I have a few leads to follow for the recent kidnapping/ransom case."

He shook his head. "Why is it your job?"

"I'm part of the team, I want to help."

"You're only 16 years old."

I shook my legs, stretching them out and stared at nearby vending machine. "So are you, what of it?"

He followed my gaze and eyed the machine, walking over and for some reason I'd followed him without reason. He put in some money and bought two bags of chips and two water bottles. "You're not the H. Officer's son, you're free to choose your life path."

I thanked him for the snacks and water, leaning against the wall alongside him before we walked over to the chairs outside the office of the mechanics. "I chose this, fighting for safety and justice."

"But you also chose to dive into it," He laughed. "You've still got school ahead to think of, doesn't that stress you out? Just looking at how much you pack onto yourself is exhausting, even for us just watching you."

I raised my brow. He's been watching me? Why does he care so much? Why won't he just drop this? What's his problem with this? "It's something I like, I like keeping busy. Is there something wrong with that?"

He shook his head. "No, I guess not. I'm just asking, pure curiosity. Sorry, I'll drop it now."

I gave him a confused look, it was as if he'd read my mind.. What a strange boy. 

We sat there for awhile before the mechanic we'd spoken to came back out to collect the sheet we were to fill out. I had a moment of panic when I'd realized we didn't fill it out, but it faded just as fast as it'd happened. I was right, we did not, but apparently he did. Taehyung had managed to fill it out without me realizing, he'd probably finished it by himself while I was spacing out. I mumbled a thanks and sorry for not helping and he just replied with a shrug and a nod. 

It was weird after our long conversation, it was probably the longest one we've shared. I didn't like it very much, it felt odd and uncomfortable. 

"Should we get going?" His voice pulled me out of my thoughts. 

I looked up at him with a questioning look. "Car's broken... until tomorrow morning. We'll get to the town on Sunday, meaning we have Sunday and Monday to finish up our job. Hopefully we can finish it up quick, I want to get home as soon as possible."

"I mean go to the motel," He snickered, giving me a silly smile. "We're not going to be able to sleep here. Let's go get a room before they run out or something."

"I doubt they would."

"Look at our luck right now," He scoffed, tucking his hands into his jacket pockets as we left the repair shop. "Don't doubt it yet, Honey."

"I told you not to call me that," I sighed, shaking my head as I hugged my body as soon as we met with the brisk air outside due to the cold season. There was a fresh smell of rain but along came the mush of dead leaves that had fallen off and mud that buried them slowly. "Let's just go, now I'm worried."

He laughed once more, nodding as we hurried up a bit. It was only a two minute walk from the repair shop but we were determined to savage any luck we still had and get at least two rooms, or at least I was. He didn't strike me as the separate bedroom type of guy, which somewhat worried me immensely.

 

 

 

 

"I'll take the bed," He chimed, crossing his arms with a smirk on his face. "You're free to join me, Honey."

Only one room, one bed. I hated my luck right now. How could this be happening?!

I shot him a glare. "I'd rather sleep outside underneath all the rotten leaves in the freezing cold. Sleep where you want, I'll take the couch then."

"I'm joking," He chuckled, stretching as he s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter