Chapter Two: The Jackass Lurking in the Shadows, Waiting for Safety.

Captured
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I scoffed, "Do you know who his son is?"

Officer Bang had kindly drove me to school after my meeting this morning with H. Officer Kim. "I'm not really permitted to say, but I have a son. He'd worked with the H. Officer's son for quite awhile, up until recently. He'll be rejoining the Police after, maybe you can meet him one day."

"Now now," I teased, poking my head from the backseat. "I don't like being set up, everyone knows that by now."

Officer Bang laughed and nodded as he pulled up in front of the school gates. "I'll see you around Asst. Baek, be safe alright? And don't get into any trouble."

I smiled cheekily and nodded like I was a five-year old being told not to run with scissors in my hands. "Yes, sir!"

I got out of the car and watched as he drove off to his section of the city he had to patrol today, which was near my school, also the reason he'd been the one to drop me off. 

It was about 30 minutes before school started so I decided to go sit in the library and take a brief look at the papers old man Kim had given me this morning about the child-teen slavery group rising in Seoul. I hated them, they were scum. I couldn't even fathom the level of evil in each and every member of this group. How could they do this to children and teens my age? This was a monstrosity. 

Lets see here.... 

 

 

 

In the beginning of last year, crime rates have skyrocketed to a new high. With an increase of 7%, the leading cause has been human-trafficking, for other words, slavery of women and men of all ages. 

With our recent cases, it has been found that both genders, but mainly females, from the young age of 10 and up to the age of 25 are being sold overseas or to local gangs. What we understand is that the common use is either ual or for currency with other gangs for drugs and substance abuse. 

The only name we've managed to get from a few local gangs caught around Seoul was, "The Traders". We've narrowed most of the ransom files and kidnappings down to them, though there is still many more at large. They've been known to target female teens, taking them after school or following them for weeks until they find the best opportunity to capture them.

Once captured, without ransom or ways to find them, many captives are lost forever.

 

I placed the paper back down and slipped it into my case folder. Not if I'm the one doing the search and rescue. I'll find him, no doubt about it. I was determined and refused to read the rest of the basic overview and instead read briefly about the main clues and parts of what needed to be done. I checked the time on my phone and decided it was about time to head to my hell-like first class; math. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Morning!" Hyemi chirped, placing her bag next to me and taking a seat. "I was going to surprise you! I switched into your math class, I'm taking two second-year courses; math and biology. Do you perhaps have biology this semester?"

I looked at the girl in front of me with bored eyes. She's really something. At her age, I never dreamed of taking any classes a year ahead. I wasn't smart enough to consider them in the first place. She must have gotten freaked out a bit from my unblinking stare because she started talking again and tried her best to get a word out of me.

"I'm not really good at math or anything," She blushed, running her fingers through the ends of her hair. "I just wanted to take it earlier so I could switch into an easier class next year instead of second-year math. Maybe we could be study buddies?"

She gave me an expectant smile. I wasn't a cold person or maniacally deviant, I just wasn't as social as I could be. "Yeah, sure."

Her lips formed a thin line. She turned in her seat and faced the front of the class, as did I. I felt bad at first but that all when away, in the corner of my eye, I could see her smiling to herself. She was really cute. I didn't think being "study buddies" was something to smile about.

Mr. Han stepped into the classroom, sporting his usual suit with large oversized brown tweed jacket with dark brown elbow patches. I'd had him for my first-year math as well, and let me tell you, he never aged a day. It seemed as him and his large tweed jacket would never change. Mr. Han was probably around his 50's and was a short plump man, now, when I say plump, I don't mean short and round as a ball, he was nothing close to round. He just had that natural and healty amount of fat that looked ideal to have at his age. I thought he was a cute little grandfather when I'd first met him, and boy, was I right. He barely spoke above a whisper, just enough so the front row could hear. With that in mind, I always did my best to catch a seat near the front when I'd had his class and lucky for Hyemi, she'd stuck with me in the very front row of desks. Good for her. 

Class began and to my surprise, he'd learned a few new tricks Usually, he'd say everyone's names at least four times because most in the back couldn't hear with an exception of the first two rows. But this year, he'd taken the initiative of walking around the classroom and calling out everyone's name once. With him walking around, most people had no need for him to call their name more than twice. After, class officially began with a lesson on a review of last year's topics, just a little intro I suppose. Now, some of you may

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter