Chapter Five: Honey

Captured
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I walked towards the bathroom for one last inspection. Hair, check. Clothes, check. I gave myself a little nod of approval and fixed the uncomfortable dress I was forced to wear. 

It'd been about a week after our little incident at the local pub, and we were sent to find out more information and secure some accusations the police had on a certain gang that specialized in drug trafficking. 

 

 

A a few days earlier...

 

 

"Unnie!" Hyemi called, still filled with her usual energy regardless of what had happened between us. I'd felt guilty for it even now, everytime I saw her with her usual happy smile and energetic eyes, I felt like running away. "H-Hey, I grabbed you the notes you missed from yesterday's student council meeting. You'll need to stamp off some sheets."

I nodded.

Even though I hurt her, she still talks to me everyday and acts the same as usual. What causes her to have such drive? How can she be so forgiving?.. How?

"Oh!" She exclaimed, throwing her hands up. "There is also a manditory meeting on Thursday, it'll be about the forms we had to hand in earlier this month, they've come to a conclusion and will be calling us in to discuss the next field trip. Would you like me to remind you a day before?"

"U-Uh, that's not necessary," I cleared my throat. Her face fell slightly but soon recovered. "I'll be fine, but if you can, sure. If you don't mind that is. Thank you... Hyemi."

I gave her a subtle smile and walked away after waving goodbye. I laughed at the little girl smiling like an idiot, but then a wave of guilt and regret washed over me... What am I doing? I've made my decision, and this isn't it. No more.

I usually finish my day very quickly, seeing as how no one usually bothers me nor pays any attention to me, but today was hell. 

"Hey," He nudged my arm. Our class was stuck in the library for the day, study hall, because our teacher was away due to sickness. The substitute teacher had informed us that he'd be away for the next week or so. "Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey---"

"If you say 'hey' one more time," I growled lowly, sparing him one gruesome glare. "I am going to cut off your tongue and feed it to my dogs. You understand me?"

He gave me a cheeky smile and quick paced nod, "Of course, honey."

"I told you to stop calling me that," I sighed, lowering my head onto the library table. I was beginning to feel as though God had decided to begin my punishment. "So would you listen?"

"Pardon?" He smirked, lowering his head as well. "You say something, honey?"

I wanted so badly to knock him in the head with my textbook but being on the police team, it seemed unfitting to be pounding on a fellow student not to mention the H. Officer's son. 

I somehow survived that long period with the help of my earphones and laptop, doing research on some local gangs and stats on the current crimes. Nothing I didn't already know of course, but it was nice to stay on top of things. As soon as the bell had rung, I'd grabbed all my belongings and left. It was finally the end of the day and even though Taehyung had called out for me, honey, I'd ignored him and began leaving the school grounds. I decided it was a good time to talk to H. officer Kim about our failed, yet successful mission. It'd been about two days since then and I needed to know what we were to do next. 

I to the sidewalk leading away from the school and towards the station, just as I hit a red light and waited for the walk signal, a black honda pulled up close by and began honking like nobody's business! 

I turned my head so fast, I swear, it would have snapped off it I wasn't exaggerating so hard. "Y-You?" 

"Get in," He smiled cheekily, stretching his arms across the rolled down window. He began waving me over. "Hurry, the light's only going to stay red for so long, we don't have time. You're going to the station, right?"

I nodded unenthusiastically, "Yes, but I'd rather not arrive there with you." 

"C'mon Ho--"

"Oh my... Look, if you stop calling me that," I sighed, rolling my eyes as I inched closer to the car. "I'll come. Just stop calling me that, okay?"

He nodded. "Okay." 

I swung open the door with a sigh and got into the passenger seat with a mind filled with doubt and regret as soon as I sealed my body into the car with the seatbelt. Oh this was going to be a long drive. 

In a few minutes, thanks to the series of green lights we hit, we were at the station in a record time. I quickly got out of the car and without waiting for him--- ran into the station. 

I noticed H. Officer Kim standing with his coffee as he read over a sheet of paper with serious eyes. I waved to Mrs. Im as I walked passed and tapped old man Kim on the shoulder.  He turned abruptly and gave me a heartwarming smile before motioning me to wait for him in my office.

Just as I was about to make my way and take a seat, he'd stretched his arm past my head and motioned Taehyung to do that same. I internally groaned as I tried my best to ignore him. For some reason he had decided to force his way into my life as much as possible, making my life a living hell. He seriously had no boundries. 

"So Hone---" He began but I'd quickly interupted him. 

"NO!" I growled, face palming myself. "We made a deal! You'd stop calling me that remember? No more!"

"You should have said no crossies," He smirked, pulling his hand in front of me and showing me his two crossed fingers as if we were in grade one again.

I let my mouth open and couldn't help but let out a whimper. "Dog damn."

"What?"

"God damn!" I'd corrected, rolling my head on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter