Chapter Four: A Day With The Devil

Captured
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I sat in the car with him, never letting my eyes stray from the right side of the car. God, why do you hate me?

"So," The meat sack beside me spoke. I refused to spare him my attention and efforts. He was a rude, selfish, flirty jerk... in an officer's suit. "You're that assistant that everyone loves? I don't see it."

I let out a huff and sank in my seat. 

He smirked at me as I never responded. "You don't talk much, no wonder I never noticed you at school. What grade are you in? A first year? You kind of look like a twelve year old..."

I wanted to smack him, I was so close to my limit.

"Then again," He laughed obnoxiously. "I only notice the hotties, you just--"

"SHUT UP!" I growled, throwing my hands in the air. The car halted at the red stop light and I took that as a sign from god, a sign to get the hell out of there. I unbuckled myself, unlocked the door and climbed out of the car. I tapped my hand against the clear window and walked off onto the sidewalk, totally ignoring his muffled cussing. "GOODBYE, SEE YOU IN HELL."

He roared in the car, as his voice flowed out into the streets of Seoul as the window rolled down. 

"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?" His voice sounded like a police siren. "GET BACK HERE!"

I turned around and stuck out my tongue, quickly running away and out of his sight as soon as I saw him turn the car onto the street I was heading towards. I have absolutely no patience for jerks like him. He was the devil and I was not ready to spend the rest of my career in hell with him. I'd rather see him in my afterlife, probably in hell. Why am I going to hell? Cause I'll probably be the one to kill him. That's why. Goddamn jerk. 

Shortly after, I was free. The feeling of rage and violent thoughts cleared my mind and I could finally breathe again. Of course, I didn't forget what we were supposed to do. We were to go to a local club and see if we could investigate a drug selling business with the local gangs in the area. We were told specifically not to do anything but get information from observations, that meant not acting on suspicion and getting to close to the action. 

I knew he'd get there first, but that didn't worry me. He hopefully wasn't stupid enough to go against our orders, seeing as he could potentially die and I'd get in trouble for letting old man Kim's devil-- I mean only son-- die on the job. 

It took a total of 12 minutes to get to "After Hours Pub", their sign blinking in red neon lights, slightly crooked. I walked in, flashing the fake I.D we'd gotten made specifically for this investigation at the club bouncer. 

Inside were the typical skimpy dressed girls, men drooling over those skimpy dressed girls, and of course, lots and lots of booze. At least every sweaty body in here had a drink in their hand, many were dancing in manners I didn't have the stomach to watch. I walked around the group of dirty dancers in the middle of the club and walked over to the bar.

I stopped in my tracks when I stood two steps away from the bar. What the hel--

"Heeeey!" He slurred, grabbing my hand and leading me towards him and his little group of all girls. "W-Where have youuuu beeeeeeen? Toook ya long enough, silly kid." 

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" I roared, slamming my hand on the counter. "You better come with me! Lets go, you've ruined this. Time to go home, now."

A girl on his left gave me the stink eye. Just when I went to grab his sleeve, she slapped my hand away. I felt a slight sting as I pulled my hand away and began to rub it with my other hand softly."Who are you? Are you his wife or something? You can't tell him what to do. Why don't you leave, bit--"

"Listen here" I smirked, my voice raising an octave though still laced with a lion's courage and rage. "Who are you? I am someone who's known him more than an hour, so why don't you get your claws off him and let him go. You look like you've devoured enough men as it is, you don't need him too. And FYI, I am not tied to this jerk, other than being his mentor and guardian." 

"EXCUSE ME?" She snarled, showing me her pearly whites. "Look here you bi--"

"No," I laughed, then came to an abrupt stop. Taehyung, who was sitting there pretty dazed, simply watched us bicker with his head on his palms as he leaned on the bar counter tops. I sent him a glare before speaking to the "lady" again. "you look here, you're a middle-aged lady, no? You shouldn't be using such language. It only shows that you have no other words in the bank, why don't you go back to school and learn some proper vocabulary, or better yet, go buy yourself a thesaurus. Good luck, and goodbye."

I grabbed his sleeve quicker this time and led him outside the club, men staring at us as I passed, some even whistling at us. 

"Are you nuts?!" I cried, placing my hands over my face. He simply rolled his head from side to side and gave me a goofy smile. "You aren't even sober enough to understand what I'm yelling about!!!"

"I understand much thank youuuu very muuuuch," He giggled. The smell of smoke and alcohol lingered on his clothing and in his breath. "You yelling, you're mad. You're red, cause guys whistled at you. I don't see why, you're not even that hot--"

He let out a burp before continuing his sentence. I rolled my eyes in response.

I swallowed everything I wanted to spit in his face; about how he's irresponsible, reckless, and down-right idiotic. Instead, I took his car keys from his back pocket and walked towards his parked car, the undercover police car we'd gotten, and unlocked it before jumping into the driver's seat.

"You touched my ~" He sang, jogging backwards towards me, waving his arms in the air. "You touched the ~!"

I was ready to kill at this point, not him anymore, but myself. "Get in the damn car."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A few days later, after the drinking incident, we were to go investigate the pub again. Though this time, to seem less suspicious going in during the day after our little incident-- more like his incident-- we were to explore their nightly activities and in my opinion, it was our best option if we were to find anything on the current drug trafficking problem. Though it was the least of our problems. 

"What's with that face?" Taehyung asked, his face scrunched up as he drove. "You having indigestion or something? Oh! Are you still angry about last time?"

He looked away from the road and gave me a smirk, obviously referring to me pulling him out of that bar and away from that woman. Though he probably didn't remember it clearly, he took it as a sign of jealousy. Wow was he full of himself, then again, he couldn't. He was 1/8th idiotic and 7/8ths full of himself. 

Its okay only 10 more minutes until we arrive... I can do this.

"Speak up," He began, not letting his eyes off the road again. "I can't hear you, if you want my attention, you'll have to make a bigger effort, honey."

"Don't call me that," I spat, crossing my arms in disgust. "Just hurry up, its just around the corner."

"Okay, okay," He smiled cheekily. "Okay, honey." 

I rolled my eyes and limped back in my seat. 

 

I sat up straighter as he pulled into the parking lot and the second he parked, I was out of there. I pulled down my dressed as far down as I could, hoping it would cover up more of my skin. The only thing I hated about undercover night operations, were the outfits we had to wear to blend in. 

Tonight, in contrast of my usual attire, I was forced to wear a tight black dress with a mesh neckline that curved around my chest, making "the ladies" look more shapely, which didn't make me feel any better about searching in a sea filled with erts. All I had as cover and comfort was my le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter