Chapter Eight: Back In Action

Captured
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WARNING LONG AUTHOR'S NOTE AHEAD

I'm really sorry I haven't updated in awhile, but there's been a lot going on right now. This past year hasn't been the easiest for me and honestly, I haven't handled any of the stress or pain well. I will do my best to get back on top of things, but know that there is no quick fix to my life and so I can't promise you that I'll be updating as fast as I could in the summer. I hope I will be though, because I honestly miss my "normal" self. I hope you enjoy this chapter and I also apologize for any problems or typos. I am kind of all over the place right now and can't focus on one thing... I'm a big mess but hopefully my writing didn't take quite a hit.

Sorry for the long A/N, but ENJOY THE CHAPTER AND PLEASE SUB AND COMMENT. It helps to hear from all you great readers~ I hope to hear all your thoughts~ 

I hope to update soon, and until then, goodbye! :) 

 

---- CK

 

 

 

 

"I'm only going to ask you this one more time," I groaned, throwing my head back in defeat. "Can you please stop blasting Sistar, and just let me have some peace and quiet?"

"What's another twenty-minutes?" he shrugged, smirking at me while he made a sharp turn. I wasn't prepared and pushed up against the window. I was this close to smacking him, my patience was running thin. "We're almost at the station." 

I hate this jerk. 

I swallowed, trying my best to relax myself. But how could I? I'd just made the riskiest move of my career. I'd just potentially ruined it.

"What's with the long face?" Taehyung asked, his eyes surprisingly focused on the road. I felt put on the spot, so I shrugged and said it was nothing. 

He glanced away from the road and briefly held my stare. "C'mon, are you upset because we didn't get anything?"

I shrugged again. "I guess, but I'm okay with that."

I took a deep breath. I'd felt bad for lying to him about what had happened. He knew I went up with Myungsoo, but I'd told him a somewhat different story from what actually transpired, but didn't even go into much detail. Surprisingly enough, he seemed to be satisfied by my answer and didn't prod much further. 

"So are you really okay?" he asked, glancing at me again. "I mean, that Myung guy didn't.. he didn't... well.."

"No," I scoffed, rolling my eyes. "He didn't try anything funny with me. I can handle myself, so no need to worry about things like that."

This time Taehyung shrugged, frowning, "Well, I was just making sure."

The rest of the drive was somewhat comfortably silent. I could still feel the tension between us, but at least there was no acts of "trying to make conversation" or anything after that. 

 

 

 

 

I laid in bed. The fluffy white sheets swallowing me whole as it covered my bare legs. I rolled onto my back, staring at my plain ceiling and couldn't help but stress about what I'd done. 

I just offered to work with Myungsoo and his scary brother. Who might even be leading an illegal deal of some sort... What am I thinking? Am I that desperate to find answers? 

I was obviously crazy. I knew better than to take such risks and do wrong. I should have just found an escape from them, but no. I was into the thought of getting closer to my answer. 

 

 

"You've got yourself a deal," Myungsoo smiled like a child, shaking my hand. Behind him, I noticed Jaejoong scowling and nodding. 

"Don't call me unless it's important," Jaejoong sighed, passing me his card. From the look he was giving me, I knew I'd best have a damn good reason if I did. 

"Call me anytime," Myungsoo smirked, passing me his card as well. I rolled my eyes and nodded. 

 

I blinked back, as images from the night replayed over and over again. Just as the night ended, I finally took in what I'd just agreed to. I'd agreed to give information to outsiders. Information I'd sworn not to share outside of the Police Station. Oh god, H. Officer Kim was going to have a fit... but that's another problem. Do I tell him what really happened? I'd already lied to Taehyung, so I really didn't have a choice. 

I couldn't. I made a deal using my bad judgment, and frankly, I want this deal to succeed. I want to know who's to blame. I need to know. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

That next morning, I slung on my black leather jacket and walked down to the station, ready with a statement to share with H. Officer Kim about what had gone down that night.

As usual, probably out of habit, I'd come much earlier and only able to see Mrs. Im. I waved sweetly before greeting her that morning. Her hair was tied into a short ponytail and you could still see how wavy it was and as usual, it didn't have a hint of white growing anywhere yet. She gave me a friendly handshake and motioned for me to take a seat in front of her.

"How was your trip?" she asked, smiling brightly. "I know that Officer Kim's son can be a handful at times but I've seen him in diapers, trust me, he's a good boy at heart."

I laughed, placing my hands on her desk in a clasp. "I didn't have too many problems with him actually, just a few comments here any there."

"That's good to hear," she giggled, a few hairs that were loose bounced as she bobbed her head up and down. "A few of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter