Chapter Seven: Another Night, Another Club

Captured
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"I hate wearing this kind of thing," I scoffed, tugging down my tight royal blue dress. 

I walked towards the bathroom for one last inspection. Hair, check. Clothes, check. I gave myself a little nod of approval and fixed the uncomfortable dress I was forced to wear. My hair looked absolutely flat and boring, but as long as my chest wasn't, it wasn't much of a problem. They won't be looking at my hair anyway.

It'd been about a week after our little incident at the local pub, and we were sent to find out more information and secure some accusations the police had on a certain gang that specialized in drug trafficking. After being bunked down in that motel for a night and having the car finally fixed a few hours after that morning, we'd been able to set out and reached the town in a few hours. 

"C'mon," Taehyung's deep voice called. His head popped into my room, emerging like a fish jumping out of the water. I peeped away from the mirror I was standing in front of and nodded towards him, finishing up my inspection and making my way out. "We should get going, it's the busiest hours for a bar like this one."

"Good," I sighed, tugging my jacket closer to my body in attempts to cover up a bit. "I wanna get this done, successfully."

He looked away, probably agreeing with the successful part of my words. "Same, I'd rather finish what we started a week ago, now."

"So you know the plan?" 

"Find information on the drug trafficking deals being done by local gangs here and maybe try to link them back to our main city." he answered.

I smirked, "you learn fast, don't do anything stupid this time."

He sneered at me before rolling his eyes. 

 

 

 

 

Music boomed as soon as we to the street where the nightclub was located, and it grew more distinct and loud as we parked the car and got out. 

"Jeez," I groaned, rubbing the bridge of my nose. "how loud can they be?"

"Don't you ever party?" h laughed, giving me a look of disbelief. "You're such a grandma."

I pushed him lightly, making my way towards the the entrance before him, ignoring his quiet chuckles behind me.

The man in the front gave me a look before nodding both Taehyung and I in. I begrudgingly smiled at him, a hint of flirtation mixed in with a casual smile. Taehyung trailed closely behind me, staring the man down as we walked in.

As planned, Taehyung was to mix and mingle in the crowd either on the dance floor or with the smokers outside in the front of the joint. I gave him a nod towards the bar where most of the men were situated, either grabbing a drink and moving to their isolated tables across the room or simply taking refuge there. 

He nodded in understanding and made his way onto the dance floor. I'm assuming he didn't fancy the cool brisk fall breeze outside mixed with the foggy smoke from the lit cigarettes that poisoned the air.

I knew that in a place like this, people would be easiest to speak with once fully intoxicated. "Hey there, mind scooting over?"

The man, with jet black hair that was patted down to the side in a proper and poised manner, smirked at me. 

"Sure sweetheart, or how about you take a seat on my lap?" He bore his teeth, showing me his greatest smile as he stayed in his seat. 

"I'm not so easy," I raised my brow, crossing my arms as I waited for him to move. He did and laughed as he did, waving his arms at the welcoming seat. "Thank you, I'm Kang SeoYeon. Nice to meet you."

He tilted his head, grasping his beer in one hand and shoving his other towards me in a friendly shake. "I'm Kim Myungsoo, nice to be of acquaintance." 

I shook his hand softly. I waved the bartender down and he came as fast as a hawk. "One---"

"The lady would like a glass of red whine, your finest, please." He ordered, not moving his eyes off me. I didn't like this man. I had definitely chosen the wrong prey for tonight's job, hopefully Taehyung was having better luck than I. 

I never would have guessed his man to be so charming and confident, not to mention controlled. Most men I'd meet in such scenarios are already drunk and ready to go, but not him. No, not Kim Myungsoo, he's much smarter. 

"Thank you," I said, my lips forming a thin line as I made myself comfortable on the stool. "But I'd much prefer a light beer, I'm simply that way. "

"Oh really?" He mused, wiping down the sides of his beer with his thumb. "You seem more of the classic type, a girl of class and pride. At least, in my eyes you are. Bring the lady both."

The bartender nodded at his order and quicly brought me two glasses, one of an expensive wine and the other my light beer.

"I guess you read me wrong," I challenged, staring at him and focusing on his beautiful dark chocolate brown eyes. 

"I don't think so," He laughed, wiggling his finger in front of me. "I'm never wrong about things."

"Oh really?" I smirked as I leaned in closer, our knees brushing against each others.

I felt his warm hand begin to move up my arm and onto my cheek, leaving it there as he moved in closer towards my lips. I tightened my mouth automatically and focused on nothing else but his lips that intruded on my personal bubble.

"Now," His voice turned cold. I let out a gasp as I felt something touching my side that faced the bar. "Mind telling me what a cop is doing in my bar?"

I was tricked. He knew all along, but how? He placed his gun swiftly under my jacket and pressed it harder onto my right side. 

I gulped, looking down at his hand then into his eyes. "Why the sudden violence? I thought we were just about to become good friends."

He smiled, nodding as he released his hold of his gun. "I knew I liked you."

I internally thanked god for not having me deal with a gun-nut but instead a crazy psychotic bar owner like Myungsoo. "I'm not here for anything, just decided to come out."

"Non-sense," He grabbed the glass of wine the bartender had given me moments earlier, the glass I'd left untouched, and took a long sip. "Otherwise, you would have taken a drink. A regular girl on a night out wouldn't have thought about the high alcohol intake of this expensive wine, but a cop undercover might. A cop undercover wouldn't blow their chances getting drunk, that's why they only drink light beers, am I right?"

"I take it you've been through something like this," I scoffed, looking around the room for signs of Taehyung. "I knew you were smart, just not to this extent. Who are you exactly?"

"I've already introduced myself to you, granted honestly, now, mind telling me your true name?" He said, smirking at me. "I'm sure you're not really, Kang SeoYeon."

 

 

 

 

"So you're trying to tell me that this kid is gonna tell us everything we need to know?" Taehyung scoffed, rolling his eyes as he turned from where we were standing to take a look at Myungsoo.  Myungsoo didn't bother sparing us a glance, inst

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter