So I Guess We're Friends

Did You Even Notice Me?

Chapter 2

Mika

"I seriously hate Japanese. It's official I can't stand this class." I sigh as I yank open the locker door.


"It's not that bad Mikachan, at least your boyfriends in that class."


"He is not my boyfriend." I mutter.


"Yeah okay, and I don't like Tao." She snorts.


"What's up with you anyway why won't you talk to him?" 


"Let's just say it's better no one gets to close to me right now."


I look at her oddly, but don't ask. Angel always says weird stuff like this, and it's usually nothing.

 
"Anyway hurry up, and grab your lunch so we can go sit with them." She squeals.


"Angel one question."


"Yes."


"Are you bipolar?"


"I don't know probably."


I roll my eyes at her as I shut our locker. We walk down the flight of steps to the cafeteria. Angel drags me over to table placing herself next Tao. This forces me to sit on her right next to Kai. The others give us a strange look, and soon Luhan arrives with Kris.


"ANGEL I COULD KILL YOU RIGHT NOW YOU ALMOST GOT ME SUSPENDED ON THE FIRST DAY!!!!!" Kris screams at her.


"Wu YiFan who are you raising your voice at." Angel replies coyly.


"It's okay Angel you were just defending your friend I know the truth." Luhan coos as he pats her on the head.


"You are such a little ing brat." Kris hisses as he sits down."


"Thank you for that information sir." 


Chen raises his hand.


"Yes Chen?" Kris ask exasperated.


"It seems like you, and Luhan know these two, but the rest of us don't so could you tell us who they are?"


The others nod, and look towards us. 


"Well I'm Angel, and this is my friend Mika. Me, Luhan, and Kris are old friends,but I moved away from them when I was young. Then when I came here we met again."


Everyone nods satisfied with the explanation, and Angel takes her seat. I can't help, but notice the sad glint in Luhan, and Kris's eyes as Angel mentioned her moving away. I brush it off though, I mean Angel tells me everything so if something important happen in her past she would tell me. I feel as light nudge,and turn to see Kai smiling at me. Dear God why did you give him that Angelic smile.


"So you took my invitation huh?"


"I..um yeah." I babble like an idiot.


He chuckles at me, and I just want to die. He must think I'm a complete idiot. I mean really I couldn't think of anything clever. I feel a hand on shoulder, and look up to see Kai staring at me gently.


"Just act normal around us I promise we won't bite." 


I nod slightly grateful for the comfort. I look over at Angel, but her eyes are trained somewhere else. 


"Hey Angel are you okay?" Tao ask worried.


"Huh oh yeah I just zoned out sorry." She says with a sheepish smile.


"She's slightly bipolar Tao so excuse her." I throw in.


Tao chuckles along with the rest of the table. I can feel my tension ease, and by the end of lunch I can see I've made some great new friends. Angel hugs Luhan, and Kris then waves to Tao. He waves back shyly turns, and walks off. Someone taps my shoulder I turn to see Kai behind me.


"May I walk you to class?" He ask.


"Um yeah sure."


Angel gives me a thumbs up then reaches into her pocket, and pulls out her phone. I turn back towards Kai, and he's holding his hands out.


"Um...I'll carry those books if you want?"


Dear God he's to sweet why lord why did you make him so goddamn perfect. But then there's his fan club full of cutthroat es.


"You must want your fan club to murder me." I say.


"I'm sorry if I got you in trouble with anyone." He panics.


"I'm just messing with you I can handle those girls. And besides Angel might kill them if they touch me so you can calm down." I laugh as I hand him my books.


"You guys are that close?"


"Like twins."


We begin walking towards my math class slowly.


"How'd you two meet if you don't mind me asking."


"We had mutual friends, but didn't start talking until we had classes together last year. "


He nods in understanding I glance around, and wish I hadn't. The nasty side looks, glares, and whispering are all directed towards me. It feels like the whole schools going to pounce on me. 


"Hey don't worry about them their just jealous because your cool enough to hang out with me." Kai comforts.


Our eyes meet, and I can see how sincere he's being. It makes my heart flutter, and I can feel my cheeks heating up. We near my class, and he turns to me handing me my books.

"So I'll see you later?" He ask cutely.

"Yeah see you Kai oppa."


"Ah you can call me just Jongin if you want." He adds nervously.


"Well then see you Jongin." I almost whisper.


He turns down the next corridor leaving me at the door in a daze. Someone bumps me, and all my books fall one hits my foot,and pain shoots through it.
 

"Ops sorry didn't see you wonder how Kai oppa noticed you cuz I sure didn't just now." The girl says curtly. 


Then she whips her hair smacking me in the face, and walks into class. I can't say that I didn't foresee things like this happening, but it doesn't mean it hurts any less.

Kai

As soon as I'm around the corner I lift my head up to the sky thanking God today went smoothly. Not only did I talk to her, but we're friends now. I'm that much closer to my goal, and I'm extremely happy right now.


"Hey can you believe that girl making Kai oppa carry her books. Who the does that think she is." I hear a female voice say.

I turn, and yell:


"Hey don't call Mika a . She's a good friend, and I offered to carry them for her so why don't you just not worry you tiny brain about it." I retort.


The girl runs off upset, but I couldn't give one . I will try my hardest to protect her, because the girls at this school are vicious jealous es.