I'll Protect You

Did You Even Notice Me?

Chapter 6

 

Mika

 

Kai walks me to my first period class. He kisses me on the forehead before leaving me with Luhan. Luhan takes Angel's usual seat, and we chat until our teacher arrives. I'm bored so I stare out the window watching branches sway in the gentle breeze. 

 

"Miss Lipowcan so what would X be?" I hear all of a sudden. I snap out of my daze unsure of the answer. Luhan slides his note book towards me the answer circled.

 

"150m/s is X."

 

She raises an eyebrow, but doesn't question me further. I look over at Luhan grateful. He smiles seeming glade to have helped. Class goes on, but Mr.Lee doesn't question me anymore which allows my mind to go blank again. It seems to always make time go faster when I lose myself in something. So physics seems to fly by. Luhan taps me when the bell rings. He smiles gently at me.

 

"You reminded me of Angel just now. She had that same distant look in her eyes when we were kids."

 

"If you don't mind me asking did something happen when you guys were younger?"

 

He smiles sadly, and nods.

 

"Angel had it rough to put it nicely. First her parents were murdered, and then he showed up."

 

"What?! Her parents were murder? But then that means.."

 

"Those are her adoptive parents."

 

"Why where they killed? Better yet did they find who did?"

 

"I don't think I should be the one to tell you, but know this the three of us got into some things we shouldn't have."

 

I can see that Luhan isn't going to tell me anymore so I drop it, but I really want to know about Angel's past. What did she do that was that big of a mistake? I contemplate what could have happened the rest of the walk. Luhan stays with me until Kai shows up. He says goodbye, and scurries off to his next class. Kai takes my hand, and squeezes it.

 

"What are you thinking about?"

 

I look at him, and shake my head.

 

"It's nothing I just wanna talk to Angel later."

 

He nods leaving the subject alone.

 

"So um I wanted to ask you something."

 

"What is it?"

 

"I have this dance recital coming up, and I would love it if you came."

 

He blushes seeming slightly embarrassed.

 

"Of course I'll go."

 

"Really?! I'm mean great it's this Friday at 8:00pm. If we drive to my place after school I can grab the pass for you."

 

"Sure my parents won't mind."

 

His smile widens, and I can feel a smile spread on my face. Seeing him happy makes me happy for some reason. But my smile falters when I see So-Hee glaring at me. Kai seems to take notice of my frown, and takes a quick glance to see who caused it. He smirks, and stops us.

 

"You trust me right."

 

"Of course wh..."

 

His lips crash  into mine, and I hear a scream. I know at by now it was probably So-Hee, and I smile knowing that she got the shock of her life. Kai pulls away grinning from ear to ear.

 

"That wasn't very nice Kim Jongin."

 

"Well she's a so who cares."

 

"You make a point."

 

"Now let's head to class."

 

He holds his arm out, and I take it pulling myself closer to him. Then we walk away from the drama of So-Hee smiling all the way.