Headliners

Did You Even Notice Me?
Chapter 5
 
Mika
 
The night keeps replaying in my head,and I scream into my pillow with delight. Not only had we kissed, but now we're dating. Can life get any better. I want to tell someone so I pick up my phone to text Angel, but stop. She might still be mad at me from earlier. I sigh wondering what got her so upset. I just wanted to help, and she pushed me away. Almost like she used to in middle school. I stare at her number before putting my phone down. I'll just wait until she feels up to talking with me again. My mind slips back to Jongin. This is literally unreal. One of the hottest boys in school has had a crush on me since my freshman year. What are the chances. I always thought I was invisible that he never saw me, but I guess he did notice me.
 
Kai
 
My fingers brush over my lips for the hundredth time tonight. A goofy smile has been plastered on my face since we said goodbye. She's my girlfriend!!!! Mika is really my girlfriend. I feel like all my prays have been answered. But my mind slowly slips back to school. If those girls bullied her just because she was friends with me I can only imagine how news of her being my girlfriend will go. I'll just have to work harder at protecting her. I can't lose Mika when I've only just gotten her. But how can I constantly be there for her when we barely have any classes together? I pout trying to think of some plan, but my phone rings interrupting me.
I look to see it's Luhan, and a lightbulb goes off. Luhan has every class with her I don't have. He can keep an eye out for her.
I hit the answer button on my phone, and greet Luhan.
 
"Hyung!!! Before you say anything I have a favor to ask."
 
"What is it Kai?"
 
"Can you keep an eye on Mika,and make sure she's not bullied. I would but there are a lot of class I don't have with her. But you have them so what do ya say?"
 
"Dude it's not like..."
 
I countdown in my head 3..2..1.
 
"OH MY GOD YOUR DATING MIKA!!!!!!"
 
"Yes Luhan I am, and stop hyperventilating into the god damn phone."
 
"That's great Kai I'm so happy for you two."
 
"Your making it sound like we're getting married."
 
"You better marry her because I have money on the line if you don't."
 
"Oh no problem hyung WHAT!!!???? You bet on if we would get married or not."
 
"Well maybe. But we definitely bet on whether you'd two would get together."
 
I could kill Luhan, but I want to kill Chen more knowing he's the one who started the bets.
 
"Any way Kai have you seen or heard from Angel, or Kris?"
 
"No I haven't why?"
 
"Oh nothing I'm probably just anxious for no reason. Thanks Kai, and yes I'll watch over your girlfriend."
 
"Thanks hyung goodnight."
 
Luhan hangs leaving me satisfied that I now have a plan in place for school tomorrow. Because whether those girls like it, or not Mika is the only one for me.
 
Authors point of View
 
Kris looks at his phone, and sees Luhan calling for the 15th time. He frowns knowing he can't hide from him forever so he answer.
 
"Oh my God Kris finally. You worried me not answering."
 
"Sorry Lu I didn't mean to make you upset. I was just busy."
 
"Have you talked to Angel?"
 
"Um yeah she sick. I called her parents, and they said she has a terrible cold. They don't want any of us over because it's really bad."
 
"Aw my poor baby. No wonder I haven't seen her."
 
"Hey Lu I have a question."
 
"Fire away."
 
"What do you think would have happened if we would have stayed in the gang back home?"
 
"I think we'd be dead, or close to it. I mean maybe not me, and you so much as Angel. She had enemies, because of what she did. That man didn't care though. He planned to use her till her last breath that's why I'm glad she got out when she did."
 
"Yeah your right thanks Lu."
 
"No problem I gotta get back to soccer practice so talk later."
 
Luhan hangs up leaving Kris silent. He gets up, and walks into Angel's room where she's peacefully sleeping. He takes her hand tears now forming in his eyes.
 
"Why'd they have to pick you? Why? You could have so much more, but they had to bring you down to hell with your parents. Why won't you just run."
 
"Because I have no one left to run to."
 
Kris looks at an equally teary eyed Angel.
 
"I'm sorry I dragged you, and Lu into this. I should have left you guys out of this, but I had to up your lives."
 
Kris doesn't say a word because deep down he wishes she would have left them alone too.
 
The Next Day...
 
Mika
 
There's a knock on the door, and I grab my bag thinking it's Angel. Instead I'm met with my boyfriend.
 
"Ah hey Kris told me Angel sick so he said he'd take Tao, and Luhan so I could give you a ride."
 
"Um okay sure thanks." I smile knowing I'll have to thank Kris later.
 
We get in together, and I can't help, but blush. I kinda new to this dating thing while Kai's probably had endless girlfriends. He starts the car up, and we pull off.
 
"You probably think I'm a creep for knowing where you live?"
 
"No on the rare occasions where Luhan would drive he would stop by my house to talk with Angel. He mentioned you live nearby."
 
"Oh well that's good cuz I'm not saying I'm a creep it's just that..ugh I look like an idiot right now huh?"
"It's cute." I mumble.
 
"Thanks." He smiles.
 
Before I know it we're at school, and my stomach drops. Kai grabs my hand, and looks me in the eyes.
 
"I won't let them hurt you ever I promise."
 
I nod trusting his words.
 
"Now let's go show them SM new hottest couple."
 
Dear God that was cheesy, but it still makes me laugh. He kisses me on my forehead,and gets out opening my door for me.
 
He holds out a hand like I'm a princess being helped out of her carriage. I face the sea of students, and they face me. But I have him by my side, and right now I feel like I can face anything as long as he's there. We take our first steps as SM hottest new couple. Dear God he's even got me saying that now.
 
Kai
 
As we walk hand in hand I actually see some girls faint. Others being whispering feverishly while throwing sharp looks at us. Mika grips my hand tighter. I squeeze hers back, and look down at her. She looks up at me, and I nod telling her everything is gonna be fine.
 
"Kai oppa!!!"
 
We both turn, and I immediately want to kill myself. So-Hee is bouncing towards us with a sickly sweet smile that I know is a lie. She attempts to unattach mine, and Mika's hand but I wrap my arm around her waist making it impossible to separate us. Her eye twitches, and I know she's pissed yet she continues to smile.
 
"So oppa I need to talk to you alone." She says while pulling at my free arm.
 
"You can say it in front of me, and my girlfriend."
 
Her eye twitches again which means she's really pissed.
 
"But oppa it's private." She whines trying to be cute.
 
"Either tell me now, or not at all because I'm not leaving my girlfriend for you."
 
Another eye twitch, and I know the devil himself is fueling her anger.
 
"I just wanted to say you guys look cute together."
 
"Awwww thanks So-Hee you so sweet." Mika smiles back,and I almost bust out laughing.
So-Hee appears taken aback by her comment so much so that her fake smile has even disappeared. We turn leaving her behind.
 
"See I told you I wouldn't let them hurt you."
 
She just smiles at me. Once we enter the school we see Kris standing there with a whiny Luhan, and grumpy Tao. He spots me, and immediately leaves the two.
 
"How do you deal with those two in such a confined space. I literally almost drove off a bridge today." Kris huffs obviously exhausted.
 
"You never wanted to believe me when I said these two together are a handful."
 
"Well I regret not listening now." He snaps.
 
I roll my eyes because he being a drama queen right now. I sneak a peek at Mika,and I see she's watching the scene happily. I can feel a smile starting to form on my own lips. Kris pulls me to the side, and Mika goes over to Luhan.
 
"You know there's gonna be trouble for her now?"
 
"Yeah I know, but I'm going to protect her. I know how these girls are, and I won't let them touch her."
"You better I'd hate to see you two separated by the people in this school."